Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2010 Darkkitten. All rights reserved.

 It all started as a usual June day for James, school was out, so he could hang out with his friends all summer long, lounge around play some video games, or go out to the local beach.. The Problem with that idea however is James isn’t like most of the boys his age.  He had an hourglass like figure ever since he hit puberty.  Which made him a bit more conscious of what he wears when he goes out.James seemed to have a knack with friends. Girl or Boy didn’t really matter, they just seemed to gravitate to him.

“Hey mom, can I head out to the park?”, asks James.
“Be back in a couple hours” she replies.
“OK mom”, he grunts.

He grabs his backpack and passes his dad (whom is on his way home from work) on his way out the door.   Today is not just any other day, today is his birthday. He’s 15 today, and he has to go find his friends at the park. He grabs his Rollerblades from the porch, and stopped only long enough to secure them to his feet, and stow his shoes in his bag. His skates or “blades” as he and his friends call them are not the nicest pair at the park, nor is he the best skater at the park, but he is proud of his skates, and of his talent, and reflects on this whilst tightening his gear, and heading off.

“Earth to James, Come in James..” calls one of his friends as he sits looking off into space, almost as if he is in a daze.

“Huh what?, oh hey Erik, didn’t see you come in bud” James replies.
Now Erik is not the smartest boy on the planet earth but he is James good mate, they had been that way since the 1st grade.

“Dude, you where a space cadet there for a second, where did you go?”, Erik laughs , “It’s your birthday today man and well we figured we would all chip in and get you some new blades”

Erik hands the box over to James, and steps away, giving James the chance to take a look at the blades and appreciate the gift. At the same time, everyone else seems to crowd in, and look at the shiny new skates.

“Thank guys, oh crap what time is it?”, asks James as he looks down, noticing for the first time that he’s not wearing his watch.
“2:30 why?”, chimes in one of the girls in the back.
‘SHIT!’ he thinks, then he calls out to his friends, “Thanks guys for the blades, I’ll wear them tomorrow promise, I have to go now”, grabs his stuff and takes of towards home.
On his way home he feels a tingling in the back of his head, but he doesn’t really give it a second though, assuming he might have forgotten something.  It’s one of those “hair on the back of your neck” type feelings, one of those instant jolts that just get you thinking for a second. He stops on the porch briefly to take off his blades. it’s of course one of his mom’s biggest rules ever since she agreed to let him do the sport, that he remove the blades before entering the house.
“I’m back!”, James yells into the house as he opens and then closes the door.
There is no answer from anyone in the house. He is an only child, and since both his parents were home when he left, he thinks it weird that no one would answer him on his birthday. At the same time, he notices that tingle at the back of his neck was back, and he is starting to feel strange.
“Hello, Mom? Dad? I’m home!”, James yells again. still no answer from his parents. Tossing his backpack to the side of the doorway where he keeps it for school, he walks around the house looking for his parents.  He is thinking, that maybe they went out and where getting me some presents or something. He starts to wander a bit, “Maybe a new video game like a pre-order on Dragon Age 2 or something”, he says softly, but even  that didn’t sit right with James. His parents usually get his presents for him earlier in the week, and he can’t think of a good reason for them to not be home.
James....
He thinks he hears his name, and jumps up. He looks around the house again, for any sign of his parents, or maybe a surprise party he missed.
“Who's there?!” , he starts yelling at whatever it is that was sharing his house at the moment.
James....
There it is again, this time James a bit freaked runs to the door and then all the sudden the world goes dark on him.
Nothing.
No voice anymore.
No light,
It’s like when you close your eyes and the lights are off and your trying to look through your eyelids kinda dark.  
James it’s time to wake up...

Chapter End Notes:

This is my first story, I have never published one, I've always been abit afraid to put my stories on paper or digital, I'm hoping as I write more my style will mature, soo hey keep an eye out for chapter two, Im going to try to release a new chapter every otherday or every third day.

 

Revised abit and I hope you enjoy the revision