Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Point Of View- Thomas Agnew's-1
Easy As Falling Off A Bike
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

 

Synopsis:Is where Professor Thomas Agnew talks about the story.    

I am Professor Thomas Agnew. I am in charge of the Science Department at the University. I have seen many students in my tenure here, but none are as unforgettable as Catherine Watts.

 

When she came here she was Charlie Watts. Now Charlie won the right to head the survey of dormice. I saw in him a kind heart and a sharp mind. Little did I know that he would become something more.

One day, Charlie came to me and asked about the Universities policy on those who transition. I assured him that we would support any who wanted to transition. Then Charlie broke down and cried.

He told me about how his father had taken away his favorite dolly in order to make a man out of Charlie, but Charlie is mot masculine at all. He looked more like a young girl even then.

Try as he might, Charlie never did measure up to his dad's expectations in sports. It was only in academics that Charlie excelled in. Charlie won a scholarship to the University that he has used to good effect. Because his dad refused to fund his schooling.

Charlie had finally told him that he was a girl trapped in a boy's body. When that happened, his dad beat poor Charlie bloody. When Charlie awoke from the beating, he left home and never wanted to return.

Well, I gave Charlie my approval then and there, little knowing that he would become so special to me in time. I had a daughter named Cathy who died several years ago. I have missed her in my life and thought that I could never ease the pain of the loss until Charlie became Cathy.

When Charlie started dressing as Cathy, my heart began to warm up again. For in Catherine Watts, I saw my daughter Catherine Agnew return.

Cathy breathed new life into me as she became more confidant in her womanhood. Yes, I started doting upon her, but that almost ended in tragedy.

My secretary became jealous of Cathy and plotted to hurt and maim her. She gave Cathy a drugged cup of tea and was about to start hurting Cathy until I stepped in.

I was working late in my office when I heard what was happening. I called the police and the sent a sniper. I went to try to stop her but she stabbed me in the shoulder. Then the sniper shot her in the head.

Cathy took over while I healed up and she hired Pippa to be my new secretary. Cathy proved to be quite capable of taking over with Pippa's help and so I saw this as a chance to expand her responsibilities.

She began tutoring a few students as well as heading up the Dormouse Research Project. Because of her speaking with backers and supporters, we got the funding needed and now she has four students to do the grunt work.