Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Point Of View- Simon's View-3
Easy As Falling Off A Bike
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

 

Synopsis:Is where Simon Cameron: Duke of Stanesbury talks about the story.    

Professor Thomas Agnew has truly seen something very beautiful in my sweet and adorable Cathy. When she began as Charlie and started on her transition, Tom was right there for her and provided her with unconditional support. With out him, I doubt that Cathy would have been born.

 

Tom helped her by giving her a haven in the Science Department and gently mentoring her as well. When she started to blossom under my sister Stella's guidance, Tom gave Cathy more responsibility.

She became a tutor to other students and proved quite good at it too. One poor bloke that she tutored was Stevie. Stevie was gay and had contracted AIDS. When he first saw Cathy, he was afraid that he was sick, so Cathy took him to the clinic.

When she took him back, his liver was shot and he was dying. He asked Cathy to tell his folks. She agreed to go, but Tom, Stella and I went with her for support. You see, Stevie's dad never accepted Stevie being gay and learning that his son was dying from AIDS would indeed shock him.

Stevie's sister Sara and his Mum accepted him and wanted for his dad to as well. Sara wept when she heard as well as her Mum. But his dad got furious and then he began to cry as we left.

Later on, Stevie and his dad did reconcile before Stevie finally perished. I know that Cathy blames herself for what happened, she is that way you know. No, Stevie had unprotected sex with a sailor two years ago and caught AIDS then.

Cathy's generous heart led her to agree to read the Scripture at Stevie's funeral. Cathy has NEVER been one to seek the limelight, but events keep pushing her forward. Cathy got help from Stella in finding the right Scripture.

Stella and I went to a Catholic School and Stella kept getting into trouble. A favorite punishment was to have the offender memorize Scripture. Stella got quite good at it too.[Chuckle.]

Cathy was never much of one for going to Church. She is a Naturalist at heart. She hates hunters and those that would hurt Nature in any way. She has never eaten red meat as far as I know, she prefers tuna instead.

Well, Cathy will read the Scripture to honor her word to Stevie, but I am worried that she is doing a bit too much right now and wonder if she will crack up.

She has the burden of caring for her invalid dad who is in the hospital, responsibilities to the University as well as completing her transition into a woman. Right now, she is off of her hormones and THAT has made her jumpy.

Me, I am going to support her in her transition and her life, she is my Lady and I am her Knight in Shining Armor. I will forever protect her as best I can even when it infuriates her. [Chuckle.]

She has never been one to want to spend my money and has gotten mad when I try to give her anything at all. When I saw that she had only a bike for transportation, I have her a SAAB that we had. Stella had to talk her into accepting it from us and only relented when a bike rack was added to it so she could carry her bike with her.

THAT turned out real well. Cathy had secured her bike in the rack and was on the road when her bike was stolen. Cathy had gone into the store to pay for the fuel and get some stuff for a meal.

When she came out, the bike was gone. Well, i called upon a few friends ad we caught the thief and got Cathy her bike back. The only damage to it was a small scratch.

I also gave her a Blackberry so we could keep in touch. Ever since then, we have been sending each other messages back and forth. Cathy accepted it because NOW she can contact me and Stella most anytime.

When I proposed to Cathy, she almost broke up with me.[Chuckle.]
I had a jeweler to make for her an engagement ring to match the jewelry that she got from her Mum. That Cathy thought that I was doing a drug deal and was ready to end it right there.[Chuckle.]

When I finally DID propose, she apologized to both of us and accepted. I love that girl with all of my heart and fully intend to marry her and make her Lady Catherine Cameron. We have fought for our happiness and have been through the fire. When we do marry, I will have finally won a Pearl of Great Price.