Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Grottoes-14
A Gaby Fan-Fiction by Stanman

 

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.    


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

At Erin's Cyclery, Grottoe's Express Team Captains were meeting to discuss a training regimen for the upcoming season and the purchasing of the new titanium bikes for the team.

Currently, only Gabby/Drew and Maddy Peters had them, but Diana Bigg's of Bigg's Foundations was thinking big again after the way that sales of the Carbon fiber bikes had soared after the Atlanta Race and Dianna wanted for the team to start riding on carbon fiber bikes.

"Gaby was a blessing for our team, I hope that she knows how much it is that we adore our English Rose," said Dianna with a sigh.

"Yes, that little dynamo kept on teaching us things about racing and was always willing to share her knowledge. But we are forgetting that our friend is actually Drew, and that he was tricked into being Gaby. It was during his time with us that he was truly at peace, even though he was still Gaby," admitted Erin.

"And Aidan was quite good, too. He was always close behind Gaby with you, me and Derek. He really liked Gaby and still likes her even after knowing that she's Drew."

Then they heard the telltale sound of Erin's coffee maker completing its cycle, "Do you still have any tea for Gaby?" giggled Diana.

"I keep some now in honor of Drew and have a cup every now and then when I tire of coffee," answered Erin as she sauntered off to her office.

"Well, I just might want some tea, myself."

"Oh?"

"Can I help it if Drew's preference for tea has gotten to me?"

"Guess not," giggled Erin.

Diana waited while Erin poured hot water over a tea bag in a cup and add a teaspoon of sweetener, "Is that mine?"

Erin placed the cup down next to a warm cinnamon roll, "Sure is, might as well get comfy while we discuss Team Grottoes."

"OK."

 

Her office was a cornucopia of recliners, a sofa bed and a kitchenette with a small bathroom off to the side. Erin had taken over an old office building and had turned all of it but the storage room and office into the actual store. She found the office a home away from home whenever the snow was too great or she needed to have her home repaired, She'd also stayed overnight a few times when she was awaiting a delivery.

 

"Do you think that Derek will want to stay?"

"Are you kidding? He's trimmed down so much that he keeps on having the girls to drool over him,: giggled Diana.

"And what about you?"

"I've trimmed down some, bur so far, no one as caught my eye," she sighed.

"Well, there is Aidan."

"Get real! He's still a kid!"

"But you're not that much older. In fact, you're the same age as Sandy Jones"

"What's your point?"

"Sandy and J.J. seem to be hitting it off. Why don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Erin, I've been a bit busy with keeping Bigg's Fabrication going after Daddy died. It's only now that the business is doing so well that I can relax and take time for romance," she sighed.

"Any prospects?"

"Maybe, I don't want to make a mistake that could jeopardize the company."

"I understand."

"For a fellow to be worth me going out with, he'd have to respect the fact that I am the owner/operator of Bigg's Fabrications and enjoy riding a bike. I couldn't handle some jerk that wanted me to be a baby factory."

"YOU A BABY FACTORY?" Erin laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"Dianna, you are the furthest thing from the traditional mother! If you ever have children, they'll know all about equal rights."

"Thanks," blushed Diana.

"Do you think that Don, Hooch and Patty will stay on Grottoes Express?"

"Yes, and I want to give everyone on the team a titanium bike for racing and one for display with Gaby's name on it."

"My. THAT is quite a gift. I guess that Bigg's Fabrications must be doing quite well to be able to donate the bikes."

Diana smirked and winked at Erin, "Oh, my gamble in having Drew ride one in the Atlanta Race paid off handsomely," she giggled.

"Just like it has for Erin's Cyclery," she agreed.

"Yes, the orders for titanium bikes have tripled so that we spend most of the time making them. It's only when we get a big order that production stops until it's filled."

"That's where a lot of my extra business comes from, filling your order for parts. I'm glad that you don't go to my supplier."

"Erin, I'm not about to go back on our agreement. We both gambled on Drew and it paid off. Plus that, you're my friend and fellow biker. We're a part of a unique fellowship."

"The Fellowship of Drew's Biker?" asked a laughing Erin.

"Can't argue with that," smirked Diana.

"Have you started measuring the team for their bikes?"

"All but you. You're the last."

"By the way, what do you do about the smaller orders that come through?"

"Derek has a team that takes care of them in the old building."

"Oh? So, the city came through for you?"

"Yes. We've already built a warehouse twice the size of the old one and have transferred everything to it and remodeled the old one. We use the old building for smaller orders and the newer one for manufacturing the bikes."

"I'd like to see it, some time."

"How about after the race today?"

"OK, usual bet?"

"Sure, hope that you've got a full wallet," giggled Diana.

"I do, but if neither of us wins, I have the Team Grottoes debit card," she said as she pulled out a sky blue card and passed it to her.

"What?"

"From our combined winnings from the race. Jenny made sure that I got the winnings for the Team Grottoes, so I put them on a debit card at Grottoes Commerce Trust where I have my business account."

"Why didn't you tell me before now?"

"We've been too busy with the trial for me to tell you. Sorry about not telling you about it."

"That's OK. I trust you, besides, if she'd given me the winnings, I'd probably have done the same thing. Who has authority o access the account?"

"We are, but if we want to make any changes, we'll both need to go to the bank to sign the authorization."

How did you get MY signature?"

"Well, since you have an account there, Gary allowed it."

"OK. How much is on the card and how do we add or subtract funds?"

"Right now, five hundred dollars. It's linked to both of our account as a charity, so we both get a tax write-off for any funds that we transfer into the account. And anybody who wants to contribute can do so using their card, or by deposit."

"Sounds as if you've handled things correctly. When do you want to schedule our training rides?"

"Since Aidan is in school, why not start here at 4:P.M. and head for our favorite diner, then back here where I can give those who need it, a lift home?"

"Sounds fine to me. I can pass word back at work and call the school to let them know. Who knows, we've seen an increase in sales, we might see an increase in riders now."

 

Back at Jack's Diner, J.J. was opening up while Daisy Mae waited, "You cold?"

"A bit J.J. But I can handle it," she yawned.

"Daisy Mae, go back home! You're too sleepy to work, today."

"But you need a waitress."

Then Mrs. Walters pulled up in her car and Brit and Deb disembarked, "Well, now I have two. So go home and rest. You can take the evening shift."

"OK."

As Daisy Mae headed for her silver Ford Escort, the girls hugged her, "We can handle it, today. We want to prove that were responsible."

"That'll take some doing, Brit," said Daisy Mae with a sigh.

"We know. Please, give us a chance, OK?"

"OK, Deb. But no screw up, or it'll look bad for you."

"SCREW UP?"

"I mean none of your pranks."

"Oh! For a moment I thought that you meant that we had to do everything perfectly," sighed Brit.

"Oh, I know that you two will need tutoring in how to be a waitress, and J.J. is willing to give you plenty of leeway, but be ready for some of Drew's friends to cause trouble," promised Daisy Mae as she got into her car and left.

"Are you two ready to start?"

"J.J. Are you sure that you don't need Sandy or Daisy Mae here? We're new to this."

"Brit, Saturday mornings are pretty tame without any games today. We'll have our usual morning crowd who already know what they want."

"Any from the school?"

"Well, a few, and Team Grottoes will send someone for take out. That's your biggest worry, today, Debbie."

"Where's your dad?"

"Home, he'll be here for the lunch crowd, and Sandy will be in, too."

 

Sandy was working with her dad on the cars in the garage when she heard a chuckle from behind her. When she looked back, she saw her dad leaning on a rubbish can, shaking his head.

"What?" she asked playfully.

"Looking at you, just now, I got to thinking what J.J. or any man would be seeing if they could see what I'm seeing," he smiled.

"Oh? You mean my cute butt in the air?" she asked with a wiggle.

He popped her playfully on her derrière, causing her to yelp in response, "Yes. If they saw what I just saw, they'd stop what they were doing," he chuckled.

"DADDY! THAT'S MY DERRIERE, THERE!" she exclaimed in a giggle.

"Expect THAT if any red blooded guy was to see it," he commented as he leaned against the car.

"It's THAT good?" she asked, looking at him.

"Yes. Don't let anybody fool you. You ARE a young woman, as far as your body is concerned."

"Yes, but I STILL have my dratted boy bits until I have my operation," she sighed.

"Don't you have that gaffe that gives you a girl's groin?"

"Yes, but it's NOT the same. And even then, I can't be a mother," she confessed.

"Is that important to you?"

"Yes."

"Well, there is the possibility of you carrying the fetus of one of your mother's eggs and the sperm of J.J."

"You think that Momma would do that for me, Daddy."

"Yes."

 

Kevin was helping his mother to change the sheets on the beds. He loved to jump on the bed to get the sheets down, or playing ball with the dirty sheets. Jocelyn let him have his fun as that kept him out of mischief. Like a certain tow-headed boy who wore red overalls and had a sheep dog named Ruff, Kevin could cause innocent mayhem without meaning to.

"Momma, what's this?" asked Kevin as he held up a thin hard book.

Jocelyn laughed when she saw the book, "Honey, that's Sandy's diary."

"Diary? What's that?"

"It's a special notebook where she writes down whatever is important to her. Is it opened?"

He fiddled with the diary's lock, "No, want it opened?"

"No, that's special to Sandy. Please put it on her bed so that she'll know where it is."

"Won't she wonder if we read it?"

"Not if the deary is locked."

OK."

 



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Stanman63 is the author of 11 other stories.