Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just when they thought it was all over. It wasn't!

Chapter 6

 

 

“Look at you now, all dressed up and nowhere to go.” Julie linked arms with Eric and began to walk through the precinct towards the town square.  It was quiet as most of the shops had closed and people had made their way home. “Hold onto me until you get used to the shoes, remember toe first not heel like boys do.”

“Thanks, where are we going?” Eric was still unsure where, or how, this was going to end. He couldn’t just change clothes now.

“The Rose and Crown has a terrace bar with waiter service, we can have a sit down and plan what we do next.”

“OK I could murder a beer.”

“I think a white wine would be more appropriate, maybe a spritzer? We are laydeeezs and must behave appropriately. I don’t think I’ve ever been so smartly dressed.”

‘Yes I am a Laydee today’ thought Eric. “OK, lead on, I don’t think we’ll have trouble getting served.”

“That definitely won’t be a problem, we might have trouble paying though.”

Eric didn’t understand that comment and continued walking. It was getting easier and he was very glad to be rid of the belly, the clothes were comfortable and he’d spent enough time dressed like this today to be used to the breeze round his legs and the weight of the faux breasts on his chest.

They reached the pub and walked through to the terrace at the rear. Eric noticed the men checking them out , even those with a partner managed a sneaky glance. It was strange it made him feel good even though it made him uncomfortable as well, it was like being on display.

Julie noticed his reaction and as they sat down whispered. “Now you know what it’s like for a girl. You feel like a commodity sometimes but it’s nice to know that they did look appreciatively.”

A waiter appeared and Julie ordered two white wine spritzers as she had planned.

Eric whispered back “It was an education, I feel embarrassed because I know I behave exactly the same way.”

“So Erica, you’ve learned something today.”

“I’ve learned an awful lot today. This is all very nice but I do want to get back to normal, being like this is a tension and I’m getting tired.”

“You have no need to worry, I’m astounded what Vera could do, you look great. In fact I look great, I’ve never managed to look this good before.”

“You do look lovely” Eric said unguardedly.

Julie was pleasantly surprised by Eric’s comment, she’d suspected he was taking an interest. 

The waiter returned with their drinks, Julie offered the waiter a ten pound not but he deferred.  “Thank-you but t he gentlemen at the bar have covered this bill miss.”

Julie and Eric looked at the bar and two men raised their glasses to them. Eric looked at Julie, “smile and raise your glass back,” she said. “That’s the opening gambit, they don’t expect anything from it yet. However if they come and join us and order a bottle we’ll make a our excuses and leave.”

“I feel uncomfortable about it.”

“I understand, I did the first time it happened, it’s a game with unwritten rules. You won’t have noticed their wedding rings?”

“I wasn’t looking to be honest.” Eric was impressed with Julie’s observational skills.

“In town on business, most are completely honourable and just looking for a bit of company in return for free drinks. Others expect more....”

“More?”

“You are an innocent aren’t you Erica? A lovely sweet innocent mind you.”

Erica blushed and lowered his eyes, this was the first time Julie had called him Erica, her words made him feel like an inexperienced you girl.

“Anyway back to the exit strategy.”

“The what?”

“How we get you back to normal. It’s a shame really to waste the makeover you’ve had but I understand your discomfort.”

“If you remember this wasn’t my choice but I did it to help you get £1000. I certainly wasn’t expecting to end up looking like this. There’s no benefit to me other than the experience is there?”

“Not unless you want to pull yourself a fella tonight I suppose?”

“Exactly.”

“You’ve pulled me though. Eric or Erica I think you’re really sweet.” Eric smiled, he had hoped Julie might like him a little, but this was much better than he expected.  “I’ll make a few calls now, we need to get to my house to change you back, more’s the pity, my mum should be home now.”

“Thanks, I must ring my mum too to let her know I’ll be late.”

“Tell you what, why not sleepover? We can borrow some of my brother’s stuff in the morning, he leaves for work very early, in fact everyone does. Tell your mum you’re crashing at a mate’s.”

“Thanks, I’ll need time to wash all of this off and get my hair back in order.”

---------------

Emily rang her home number but there was no reply, just the answering machine.

“Sorry Sharon, there’s no one home yet. We don’t want to impose on your time anymore, if you drop us in town we’ll get home OK.”

“Impose? I don’t think so, I’m just loving being useful. Time for Plan B.”

“Plan B?” Asked Brian.

“A surprise for you, courtesy of Sarah, the welfare lady at the hospital.”

“And it is?” asked Emily

“A surprise.” Sharon was enjoying this. “Buckle up, we’re off to town.”

Emily and Brian looked at each other with resigned expressions, they were in Sharon’s hands. She drove them into the centre and parked in the precinct multi storey.

“Here we are girls, let’s go.” Sharon led them to the lift and down to the precinct. They still had no idea where they were going although Emily thought she may have guessed, if she was right Brian wouldn’t be happy.  They continued through the mall until they reached the open areas of the market square and Sharon took them into Bee’s Beauty.

“Hello I’m Sharon, Sarah from the hospital sent us.” Sharon introduced them with a flourish.

“Hello, I’m Beverley I received your call. How lovely to have three new faces, and two pretty young girls, are they your daughters Sharon?”

“Sadly no, just a couple of waifs and strays I picked up today. They’ve had a bit of a day so far, so I want to treat them, and myself of course. You don’t mind me using the promotional vouchers from Sarah do you?”

“Of course you can use the vouchers, we want to get people in to try our services. My colleagues will take the girls, Sharon you’re with me. Anyone want a tea or coffee? ”

“I thought we were getting away from this.” Hissed Brian to Emily.

“I know but what can we do, run away?” Emily replied. She expressed sympathy to Brian but was secretly enjoying his discomfort and the additional layers of femininity that were being applied. “it’s just an introduction voucher they normally don’t do much don’t worry. I expect they’ll just manicure your nails, Susan mentioned they needed doing.” 

“I suppose I can stand that, we’ve nowhere else to go have we.”

The assistants helped them into protective smocks and they sat alongside each other in the treatment chairs. Sharon had been chatting to Beverley and joined them shortly afterwards.

“Just lie back and enjoy, we’ve got our instructions.” The first assistant said happily.

‘Hmmm. Emily said it should be simple’ Thought Brian. ‘I hope she’s right.’

 One of the first things to happen were their fingers being placed in bowls, ‘to soften the nails and cuticles’ they were told. They then had their makeup removed and a facepack applied.

What Brian hadn’t expected was his head then being laid back and the assistant begin to shampoo his hair. “It’s been a while since this was cut properly.” She said. “It’ll feel a lot better once we’re done.”

Brian was anxious about what was happening around him but he was laid back in a chair wearing a facepack and with wet hair, he could hardly run for it. 

The hairdresser began to comb and cut his hair, he knew nothing about hairdressing so when he heard layering and feathering it meant nothing. As this was going on his hands had been removed from the bowls and he could feel his nails being worked on.  He couldn’t see anything but was assaulted by the smells and sounds around him. He felt absolutely powerless.

Eventually the work on his hair was finished and he felt a dryer hood being manoeuvred behind him and the hot air on his scalp. Similar noises were coming from where Emily was sitting. “Just lie back and relax dear, it will be about 10 minutes to dry your hair off then we’ll finish your face.”

‘What on earth will this look like when they’ve done?’ he thought. Now he felt someone working on his hands holding each finger and the smell of polish.

After what seemed like hours the dryer was removed and he could feel something being placed on his head. He heard a voice, ”Don’t worry it’s just a band to keep your hair back while we do your face, I’m going to peel back the face pack now, then you’ll feel me using a cleanser to remove any remainder. Don’t worry I’ll talk you through what I do. “

The face pack and eye pads were removed and his skin felt lovely. After the cleanser the girl used a moisturiser which made his skin feel nice and supple.

Brian managed to glance across at Emily, they were already applying her makeup as her hair was already in good condition and had taken less effort to style.

Emily was enjoying the treatment, she was good at cosmetics but was self taught, she was learning from the techniques used by the professional. She looked across at Brian, they had taken a lot of weight out of his hair and even though it wasn’t quite dry it moved much better now. What he might think would be another matter.

The beauticians created a ‘no makeup’ look for the girls using light foundation and minimal highlighting of their eyes with subtle colours. They both had a light pink lipstick with subtle gloss, Emily was very impressed as she looked at the beautifully applied matching polish on her nails.

Brian was lost in the moment when he felt his earlobes go cold and thought nothing of it until he felt a click. Emily was shocked that they had gone ahead and put the studs in without asking and she now realised that Sharon had specified all of their treatments in advance. It was kind of her but...

Brian still didn’t realise what had happened to him, the girl finished his makeup and began to comb and finally dry his hair. As she finished she removed the smock and turned him to face the mirror.

“Oh my....” exclaimed Brian

“Happy?” enquired the girl not realising that this wasn’t the reaction of a grateful young girl.

“Errr, OK yes thank-you.” He was still polite despite the things that had been done to him. ‘I was surprised with the effect Emily’s makeover had but this is another level, I don’t see me at all. My hair is beautiful, the scraggy mop is gone, my mum will be pleased. ’ He thought.

He looked at Emily who returned a loving smile, it was then that he felt the throb in his ears and looking back in the mirror in horror realised there were diamond studs in His ears. This was too much and a tear rolled down his cheek.

Emily saw his distress and rushed over, “she’s just overwhelmed,” she told the beautician.

“What have they done?” whispered Brian to Emily. “I can’t have pierced ears and earrings.”

Thinking on her feet Emily replied, “they will heal up very quickly if you remove the studs, we’ll tell your family it was for a bet or a charity challenge if they notice. Now use this tissue and dab your eye or you’ll spoil your new makeup.” She squeezed his hand and he gave her a weak smile.

“Of course I mustn’t spoil my makeup....   Sorry this is all a bit..” His voice tailed off.

“I know, we’ll get going soon. I promise.”

“Oh Emily I just want to....”

“So do I,” she whispered back with a wicked smile.

That cheered Brian up a bit. He brushed away the tear and thanked the girl who’d done his makeover. “I’m sorry” he said “I was just moved by what you’d done and how I looked.”

He noticed Emily talking with Sharon, the look of delight on Sharon’s face had faded as Emily spoke to her and she came across to Brian. “Emily has pointed out my silliness and I hope you’ll accept my apologies. I got carried away again and should have asked your permission to do your earrings.”

“I was shocked and I’m not sure what my mum will say.” Replied Brian.

“I understand, please realise I had no intention to hurt you. However they do work very well and you look lovely, they will heal up if you remove them. I’m sure your mother got some grief from her parents when she had hers done. ”

“That’s the point, she hasn’t got pierced ears.” Replied Brian. “But Emily came up with a way out, I’ll say that I’m the only one in class who hadn’t had it done and they dared and sponsored me to do it for charity.”

“Oh Brianna you are a clever and I must say understanding and reasonable young lady.” Sharon kissed him on the cheek. “Now my young ladies stand with me while Beverley takes our picture.”

After the photo’s Emily tried again to reach her family on the phone and managed to get hold of her mother who would said she would be home in a couple of hours.

“Mum will be at home at six.” Emily told Sharon.

“That’s lovely, well we have a little time to kill and you two are so beautiful how about a little drink? I know just the place it has a lovely terrace….”

 

To be continued

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2009 Amanda Walker. All rights reserved.