Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

If you're looking for graphic descriptions of explicit sex then stop right now, you won't get that in this story. This is an innocent story about a boy dressed like a girl, if your laws say you are old enough then read on, if not then maybe you should get mummy or daddy to buy you a comic instead.

A new recruit

"Hey it's open!"

"Of course it's open, you should see how hot that place gets in the middle of summer."

"How do you know?"

"I just know OK, now shut up and climb in."

With that the five boys climbed in the small window, a pile of bricks gave them the extra height they needed. They crept through the storeroom, picking their way between the boxes on the floor and positioned themselves by the door. Each took a turn to look through the keyhole, watching the groups of girls in their brown skirts and shorts and their yellow t-shirts.

"My turn." one whispered.

"Dream on."

"Hey get out of the way."

"Aaagh" THUD.

"Quiet or we'll get found out!"

They froze like statues, but were ready to scoot in a second.

"Mrs Johnson, I heard something from the storeroom," called one of the girls.

"Okay Kerry I'll check, Samantha can you take over my group for a second?" She started walking towards the locked door.

"Leg it!" one of the boys whispered and they all shot to the back of the room to make their escape. They found out the hard way that it was impossible to occupy the same place at the same time when they all tried to squeeze through the open window together. Mrs Johnson unlocked the door in time to see a pair of legs disappear as the second boy got away, but the three remaining were like wild animals caught in a car's headlights.

"So Kerry was right, it was you we heard," she said sternly. "Come out of there at once."

They walked sheepishly into the main hall to the amazement of all the girls. Kerry noticed her brother Simon was one of them and couldn't help smiling at the thought of him being punished.

"So you think that spying on these girls is a fun thing to do. I wonder if your parents will think the same."

The boys were horrified, they knew they would be in serious trouble when they got home.

Mrs Johnson thought for a second and then continued, "Samantha, can you hold the fort for a few minutes while I take these peeping toms home and explain their crimes to their parents." She started to frog- march the boys towards the main doors.

"Mrs Johnson," called Kerry. "Our mum won't be back yet so you can't take Simon home."

"One of these boys is your brother!" she said in amazement.

"Yes, he is." Kerry said as she pointed. "That's Simon."

"Well then Simon, you'll have to stay here while I sort the others out. Go and stand in that corner and face the wall. You'll stay there all evening, and don't think about causing any more trouble because you don't want to know what will happen if you try."

He silently trudged into the corner and took one last look at his friends as they left then stared at his feet.

Mrs Johnson returned about ten minutes later, having deposited the other boys into the clutches of their angry parents. Simon did not want to get into more trouble so spent the whole time in the corner like he had been told. Occasionally though he carefully looked round trying to see where his sister was and what she was doing.

As soon as the other parents had collected their girls Mrs Johnson escorted Kerry and Simon home. The nearer they got to home the tighter the knot in Simon's tummy was. His mother was usually very pleasant but when one of them misbehaved she would go ballistic. It was a while since they had last seen her wrath but he could remember enough to know that he would be in serious trouble.

He could see the storm brewing the moment she saw the three of them together, after Mrs Johnson retold what had happened both Simon and Kerry could see that she was not impressed.

Mrs Johnson had left the punishment up to her and was she going to make it a good one. She lead them into the kitchen and made them sit down at the table. Kerry made herself comfortable then got ready for the fireworks as their mother exploded at him.

"SIMON I'M ASHAMED OF YOU, SPYING ON GIRLS IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT YOUR OWN SISTERS BROWNIE PACK! WHAT POSSESSED YOU? ARE YOU GOING TO BE SOME SORT OF PERVERT OR SOMETHING."

She calmed down slightly then said "I have no idea how I'm going to punish you but I assure you that you wont like it one bit".

Simon had been looking down the whole time, avoiding eye contact with either his mother or his sister.

"Why don't you make him come to Brownies with me" Kerry suggested "He wants to see what goes on so let him find out first hand".

The ferocity of his reaction surprised them, "No, I won't do it, you can't make me, I won't go to her stupid Brownies, I'm a boy, only silly little girls go there!"

"Well that decides it" she said. "If you're going to hate it that much I think it will be the perfect punishment and anyway if Brownies are so silly why were you spying on them?"

He remained silent and went back to watching his feet. She disappeared for a few moments, returning with a tape measure, he tried to hold back the tears as she measured him for his new Brownie uniform.

News of his punishment quickly spread to the other mothers who thought it was very fitting and decided to do the same to their sons who had been caught at the same time. They reluctantly turned up the next week wearing the brown trousers that some of the girls wore, they were seriously embarrassed.

What a shock they got when Simon arrived with his sister, he had on the same yellow t-shirt with the brownie logo that they were all wearing, what surprised them was that he also wore the same style of short culottes as his sister and girls who weren't in trousers.

They were speechless, 'good job they can't see the cotton panties I'm wearing underneath' he thought.

The first order of the day was to decide how to separate the boys to stop them from plotting together. The boys were each put in a different group, Simon was in the same six as his sister, he was not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

When one of the other girls - Sara - started making fun of him singing "Simon's a sissy, Simon's a sissy," Kerry stopped her abruptly.

"Don't tease him, that's my job isn't it, little sis". They all giggled except Simon who just glared at his sister.

The three boys looked embarrassed enough just attending in their uniforms, when they realised that they were expected to take an active role they were mortified. Their faces burned red as they sung at the beginning and end of the evening, they tried to find ways to avoid playing the games but Mrs Johnson and Samantha made sure that everyone got involved whether they wanted to or not.

Once the games were over and they got on to some of the other things it got a little better, Simon and Kerry's six had been learning how to make a cup of coffee, Simon had tried to do this from time to time so he had some idea of what to do. One of the other groups had been learning to set a table this was something that the boys did occasionally at home so they had no problem with that. When they were told what some of the other badges they would be working towards were for they were not happy.

Once the pack meeting was finished Simon thought that he would just be able to turn up at the next meeting and use the time in between to do other things. Kerry was quick to re-educate him, every day she made sure he did his 'homework' like making his bed and clearing the table properly (he usually rushed it in his eagerness to finish and go outside to play).

For the next three weeks the same sequence continued. On Tuesday he would wear his yellow t-shirt and culottes and go with his sister and do brownie things. For the rest of the time he would practise what he had learned and prepare for the next week.

After a month Mrs Johnson decided that their sentence had been served. That was great news for the other two boys who were now free from further embarrassment, but probably not so good for Simon. His mother was going to evening classes on Tuesdays so she would not be around to supervise him. She had a long discussion with Mrs Johnson where she explained that after the storeroom incident she felt she could no longer trust her son. Only when they had eliminated all the other options did Mrs Johnson agree that he could continue to attend until they could sort something out for him.

As the weeks went by he seemed more comfortable with what he was doing, he started to enjoy the games and was really trying his best at everything else, the other girls in the six had come to accept him.

With the weekend of their big sale of craft and cakes getting nearer every meeting was geared to showing them things to make for the sale. They had been let loose in the small kitchen attached to the hall and were trying to make fruit scones. It was going quite well until Samantha left them for a few minutes. Simon hated the feel of soggy scone dough between his fingers, he tried to wipe the dough on his apron but it wouldn't shift. Finally he tried flailing his hands to flick some off, it worked, a big glob of dough hit Kerry on the cheek.

"Hey watch it!"

"Sorry, I wasn't trying to get you I just had to....."

"You can have this back."

Unfortunately the dough had no intention of going where it was supposed to. It landed in another girls hair.

"Ugh, okay take this." The girl picked up a big handful of flour and threw it. Before they knew it things had escalated into a full-on food fight.

Samantha returned at the height of the battle just as a wet cloth went whizzing across the kitchen and flew past her ear.

"Girls stop it, look at the mess you've made".

They stopped, looked at the carnage that was the kitchen and then looked at each other. No one had escaped unscathed, they were all covered in flour, most had dough on them, a couple even had sultanas in their hair. Kerry tried to stop a giggle, Sara saw her and couldn't contain her laughter, soon they were all laughing, even Samantha caught the infectious laugh.

"Who started this?" Samantha asked. Apart from an occasional giggle the room was silent.

"Come on, this didn't happen on its own, 'fess up."

Simon broke the silence, "I'm sorry Samantha it was my fault."

"I wondered how long it would be before you disrupted things, go and clean up!"

While they did their best to clear up the mess and salvage the scone mix Samantha went to deal with Simon, Kerry followed.

"Sam, It wasn't really Simon's fault he was just trying to get clean. It just got out of control"

"Alright I'll go easy on him." Samantha liked Kerry, she knew that she must be sincere to step in like that.

She was right, Kerry didn't often defend her brother, but it was unusual for him to put others before himself which was part of the Brownie law, going to Brownies was definitely having a good effect on him.

The Brownies were now running in overdrive, producing crafts cakes and biscuits and other goodies, everyone was getting badges for the things they were producing with one exception. The rest of Kerry's six had noticed though that while they were all doing the same things Simon had none of the badges that they displayed so proudly on their sashes.

They all ganged up on their leader "Mrs Johnson, we've all worked to get these badges including Simon, yet he doesn't have a single badge to show for it."

"I'm sorry girls but he's not a real Brownie so he can't be awarded them no matter how hard he works. There is nothing I can do about it" she replied. The girls looked defeated and trudged away. Mrs Johnson felt their disappointment but like she said, she was powerless to act.

Everyone had fun at the next week's meeting, there was no more they could do for the sale so instead they went into the local woods to do all sorts of things. They collected leaves, and did bark rubbings and being prepared for just about anything, when they did find an animal track Mrs Johnson had the things they needed to take a plaster cast. The best part though was when they found some flint and Samantha carefully tried to show them how to make a flint arrowhead, remembering something that she had seen on a history program. They all thought it was brilliant and Mrs Johnson decided they could probably turn this into an interest award.

On their way back to the hall everyone was talking about what they had seen and done, she carefully separated Simon from the rest of his six and took the girls to one side.

"I spent the whole week checking the rule book."

Their faces lit up.

"But I'm afraid it says nothing about boys joining."

The defeated look returned. She looked round the group then continued "However, as long as we don't let too many people know and both Simon and his mother agree I think we can bend the rules."

They all grinned like cheshire cats, even Mrs Johnson.

Mrs Johnson accompanied Kerry and Simon home that night, he was a little confused, no one had told him what was going on. Their mother met them at the door, as soon as she saw Mrs Johnson she turned to Simon and said "What have you done now, I thought you had learnt to behave!"

Mrs Johnson interrupted "Really there's no problem we just need to talk." Their mother sent them upstairs then lead Mrs Johnson into the living room to discuss why she was here.

"Do you know what's going on?" Simon questioned his sister.

"Don't worry" she replied "Come and help me practise my first aid."

Before he could think any more about it Kerry had put his arm in a sling and was making sure the reef knot was right. He didn't like being poked and prodded but Kerry knew that if he asked her too many questions she would tell him everything, so she tried to occupy his mind with something else.

"Simon, Kerry, can you come down please, you need to know what we've been discussing," called their mother.

They raced down, Simon still with his sling on.

"Mrs Johnson has a proposition for you, she says things can't stay as they are, you can either stop going or join properly."

He thought for a couple of seconds then said "Please can I join properly, I really like it."

"Of course Simon, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself now."

"Thank you Mrs Johnson, I'm going to enjoy being a proper Brownie even more."

He turned to Kerry "You don't mind do you."

She went and hugged him crushing his sling arm between their bodies "I think it's great, lets go and change then we can celebrate."

"Hang on," Mrs Johnson said. "There's something you've got to do right now before it becomes final."

Simon looked worried as he wondered what he would have to do.

"Every brownie has to remember the promise and the motto, so if you can remember I would like you to recite them for me now."

"OK the promise is -
I promise that I will do my best:
To love my God,
To serve the Queen and my country,
To help other people and to keep the Brownie Guide Law.

and the motto is Lend a hand, am I in?"

"Of course you are Simon, now I'll get you're badges and sash to you later in the week, I want to see all the badges nicely sewn on when you wear the sash with the rest of your uniform next week. Its OK if Kerry helps you."

"No Mrs Johnson, I'll do it all myself, I need to work towards my sewing badge," he said.

With that she laughed and went home. Simon ran upstairs to his sister's room and collapsed on her bed, Kerry looked at him and they both went into complete hysterics. Five minutes later when they finally recovered enough to talk Simon looked at her and said "Thanks for getting me in sis."

"Hey, you did most of it by yourself," she replied. "The thing I wanna know is how did you manage to make yourself cry that time mum measured you for the uniform?"

"Those were real tears, I was so happy that it was starting to happen."

She looked him in the eye, he was serious.

"Now you're a proper brownie with your own uniform you won't be borrowing mine any more," she teased.

He burst out laughing.

"No, but do you think you might let me wear some of your other clothes?" he countered.

Now it was her turn to laugh.

"We'll see, maybe if we work on it you can get some more girl clothes of your own," she giggled.

He hugged her again and said, "I love you sis."


She looked at him and said, "I love you too, especially now that you've found the girl inside you, hurry up and get changed its party time."



The End. (Complete)
Cat Lochley is the author of 2 other stories.