Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Tragedy Of The Spirit-Revised
Chapter Part 29 Pre Trial
By PrairieGirl64
Edited By Stanman63, Proofed By JennFl and Nora Adrienne


The days passed as well as my therapy. On a bleak Tuesday morning at 10 am I was unceremoniously startled in my room by Mr. McVeigh. I particularly did not like the man as he was defending the asshole that put me in this position. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

He had a smirk that was wide like the Grand Canyon . Well maybe not that wide. But close. He approached me as usual said, "Good Morning Mellissa"

My reply somewhat sarcastic was, "Morning."

He launched into asking me all sorts of questions upon which I had already answered as much as I could at his first meeting with me, "Do you remember what happened?"

"Mr. McVeigh, I told you all I could tell you as I was kind of unconscious when I was taken to the hospital after that asshole beat the shit out of me."

"Do you know what prompted Jason to do this too you?"

"Ask him."

"Can you tell me anymore than what you have already mentioned to me?"

"Also, why the hell are you harassing me over this as I am sure that the crown has already presented its case, or is about too."

His facial expressions wavered about then he spoke, "Mellissa, You know that deep down in your heart and soul that you deserved every bit of what happened to you? Right? You deceived Jason from the beginning of your relationship? What did you expect to happen? Come on quit playing semantics here. He will get off and just admit that you were wrong and let this go? He will not spend a day in jail."

I was thinking 'fuck off asshole, he will if I have my way with this.' "Please leave."

I thought nothing of it in the way I told him to leave either. I pushed my call button which I had under my blanket and the nurse arrived a short time later and asked, "Is everything was alright"

I nodded my head in the negative and told the slime to leave. He smirked and left with his briefcase in hand.

*************

That afternoon, Angela arrived and was waiting in my room when I return from my physio treatment. I can say that was the highlight of each and every day in rehab. Having her interrupt my therapy sessions was not something that I enjoyed at all. I wanted for her to come when I was in my room, but no, the asshole made a point of coming during the sessions.

I spent 90 minutes in the pool. And then exercises to get my strength back so I could learn how to walk. I endured a lot of pain while I was there, but it was well worth it. Anyhow, Angela greeted me with a smile and small hug that was light. I smiled somewhat and said, "Good afternoon Angela."

She replied, "Hi Mellissa; How are you feeling?"

My reply was, "OK, somewhat, I am sore and a bit annoyed with that asshole defense attorney of Jason's."

She smiled and said, "Yes, I was called at noon and told that he stopped by and that you were not too receptive to him."

I nodded and replied, "Damn right I was not receptive to him; he is a prick just like Jason, why should I be nice to pricks like him? He was a smug arrogant asshole. He told me that Jason will never spend a day in jail. That I deceived him from the get go. I did not deceive anyone and especially him as we talked a lot before we even were involved. Shit Angela, it was Jenn and her friends that set me up with him years ago. He bloody well knew from the get go who I was."

She nodded and said, "Yes, I know Mellissa. Things are slowly coming to light with him and people are stepping up to the forefront here. Trust me he will spend time in jail, he has a long list of charges he will not be able to escape from."

I slowly nodded my head in agreement. I then told her, "Angela, I want to testify and give a statement when this all over."

She looked shocked and quietly stated, "Mellissa, I will not advise that at this point, however, if there is a opportunity here, then I can call you for the statement, we have all the photo's and evidence collected from him. Statements are in the can and police reports are written and all the "T's" and "I's" are properly crossed and dotted. Not to worry. Thing will hopefully go the way they should in this case."

I really could not say much after that as it went by so quick. Before I knew it I was ready to sleep and she said her goodbye's and left. I was left to wonder my own existence once again. If there was a day when I thought this shit would end with me, I thought back to those days at home and the attempted suicides that failed me. It was just another prime example of me being in hell again.

Fuck! I hate my life! All those horrible memories would rise again and really mess with me. This last go really began to wear me down. I really began to think that it would have been better to be dead. My existence and sanity was put to the test again and again. I really began to feel unwanted and useless again. I have my thoughts on that slime bag McVeigh. Some of which I have expressed here and believe me as things go forward, my voice on this asshole gets very strong.

I am not leaving Angela alone in my thoughts either, she pulled some pretty shady shit with things on me and I was not impressed. I had a lot of nasty words to her as things went on. I also expressed my discord to the whole trial process as I felt I was going to be victimized further. And in essence, I was. I really wish I was dead, and then this fucking nightmare would be over. My spirit was once again lost as I thought for a brief shinning moment I was making some progress. Hell, why is life a bitch? All would culminate at the trial and that was not pretty and it definitely was not pleasant for me. Oh well..............