Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Captain Caveman

 

Captain Caveman and

The Wonder Twins in

Taffy’s Torment

By Sasha Zarya Nexus

Can the Wonder Twins help the new Taffy, cope with losing her super powers?

In our last episode things were looking up for Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels. Taffy and Captain Caveman revealed after defeating Dr Xeorgo that the reason that they fought so much is that each of them envied the other due to both being transgender.  Dee Dee used Dr Xeogo’s brain transfer machine to give the former Taffy the body of Captain Caveman now know to the Teen Angels as Martin.  She also gave the former Captain Caveman the body of Taffy, now known to the Teen Angels as Amanda. The new Captain Caveman rescued the Teen Angels from the explosion of Dr Xeorgo’s lab following the mind transfer

A month later things had finally settled down and both Martin and Amanda had made the adjustments to cope with their new bodies.  Both Brenda and Dee Dee were so consumed with helping their two friends that together they had decided to refer any trouble which came their way to the Teen Trouble Alert.  Both of their friends were now so relaxed in their new selves that they had requested to be called Cavey and Taffy.  However as the day approached when they would once again pursue their passion for solving mysteries, Taffy became more and more depressed.

“Dee Dee, I’m worried for Taffy.  She’s so low that even an all day shopping trip at the mall with us followed by a pajama party doesn’t seem to bring her out of it.”

“I know, Brenda.  I tried ice cream therapy as well.  It’s getting worse as the day gets closer for us to start solving mysteries again.”

“What could it be?”

“Well I guess we could ask her!”

“Now why couldn’t I think of that? I’m glad you are so smart Dee Dee! Lets go ask her now.”

The two girls found Taffy taking joy in doing her makeup while looking stunning in a new micro mini dress that she had just bought.  However when she looked up and saw the other Teen Angels, her smile turned to a frown.

“Hi girls! Is today the day that we start solving mysteries and fighting crime again?”

“Why does that make you so sad, Taffy?  I can tell that you are still happy to be a teen aged girl.  Don’t you like us going out together anymore?”

“Come here, Brenda and Dee Dee!  I love you girls! I love being part of the Teen Angels!  I don’t know how I’ll fit into the group now.”

“You’re our leader, Taffy.  Brenda is so lucky in finding clues even though at other times her luck is bad and she has accidents.   I’m smart about facts and putting things together but I’m blind to some common sense things.  Together we have strengths and make up for each other’s weaknesses since we cooperate with and care for each other.”

 

“We don’t need any more Daffy Taffy Plans since they happened before just because Cavey and I used to envy each other’s bodies.”

“Then you can make JiffyTaffy Plans instead.  You plan so quickly anyway and now that you don’t want to pick on Cavey, they’ll be even better.” 

“I guess I could do that! It’s just …”

“Just what Taffy?”

“I miss having super powers.  A girl can still be feminine and have superpowers, can’t she?”

“Of course Taffy, You know that Wonder Woman is just as powerful in her own way as Superman.  It’s just that because she’s a woman that the power is expressed differently.”

“The Green Lantern of Earth and that girl Green Lantern from the next sector have the same power but the way that they use it is different”

“I guess you are right.  Would it mess up our team if I had super powers too? “

“Well if they were the same kind of powers as Cavey, then he might feel like he wasn’t needed anymore and leave us.”

“You are right! Men’s ego’s are so fragile and I’d never want to hurt Cavey.  What kind of super power could I get to add to the group without causing trouble?”

“You could be our ‘Mata Hari’, if you had some way to disguise yourself as other people.  You are a wonderful actress and you even know how to act like a guy even if you have never really been one.” 

“I could do that! Do you think maybe I could have some kind of defensive power for just in case Cavey has a power failure?”

“Yeah something so that my tushy doesn’t have to be bruised when I fall on it, Dee Dee!”

“What if you could project a force field around us?  Cavey would still feel needed and we could have our bottoms protected if we fell as well.”

“That would be awesome, Dee Dee! So how would I become a mistress of disguise who has a force field?”

“The Wonder Twins helped Sorceress get her powers.  Maybe they could help you as well.  It should be easy since before you switched bodies you had super powers “

“I’ll call the Teen Trouble Alert then!”

"Hall of Justice.  Hang up and call 911 if you need immediate help.  Press 1 for natural disasters, 2 for Teens in Trouble, 3 for .."

Twerp!  "You've reached the Teen Trouble Alert queue.  Please leave a message about your problem after the tone"  Beep!

"This is Brenda of the Teen Angels at Captain Caveman’s Secret Cave. My friend Taffy is tormented by the fact that she used to have super powers but she doesn’t anymore from switching with Cavey using Dr Xeorgo’s mind transfer machine.  Please send help!"  She let out a sigh of relief, wondering when the Wonder Twins would get there.

“Now all we have to do is wait.”

While the Teen Angels were waiting, they brought Cavey up to date on their plan to help Taffy.  Cavey agreed that it was the best way to help Taffy and thanked them for their concern for him.  They had gathered by the cave’s opening to wait for the Wonder Twins and two large eagles swooped out of the sky and landed before them.   

 They touched wingtips and chanted, “Wonder Twins Powers, Deactivate!”

With a flash the Wonder Twins, Jan and Zayna, stood before them. 

“I’m Jan and this is my sister Zayna.  We are answering the Teen Trouble Alert.  Brenda, you told us that your friend Taffy was tormented because she lost her superpowers when their bodies were swapped using Dr Xeorgo’s mind transfer machine.”

“This is Dee Dee, Taffy and Cavey.  We know that somehow you helped Sorceress get her super powers and Dee Dee thought that if Taffy could gain the power to disguise herself and to control a force field that Taffy would be able to help us along with Cavey.”

“The way that we helped Sorceress didn’t work out too well for us, but perhaps Sorceress herself could find a way to help Taffy.  I’ll call her.”

“Wonder Twins to Sorceress.  Please respond.”

“Hi Jan! How can I help? “

“Taffy lost her superpowers when their mind swap fixed their genders.  They thought that we could help her gain superpowers like you once did.  I explained that what we did caused problems.  Could you help Taffy?”

“I’ll be right there.  So Mote It Be!”

Sorceress appeared in a flash of light and stood with them. 

“Hi Wonder Twins, Teen Angels and Captain Caveman!  I’ll try to help you Taffy.  I gained my superpowers in short by becoming Exxorian like the Wonder Twins. In order for you to get superpowers, I’d have to change you enough so that you would gain them.  What kind of powers were you thinking of gaining?”

“Sorceress, I’d like to be able to disguise myself at will and also control a force field.”

“I’ll scan you, Taffy.   Interesting!  You have some angel DNA already in your body.   If I can bring that out in the right way, you could gain a super power of disguise and having a force field.  I’ll need the Wonder Twin’s help to provide some of the power for your transformation.  Taffy, please join hands with Jan, Zayna and I and we will begin.”

The girls all joined hands and a glow grew from dim to glaringly bright around Taffy.  When it seemed like the glow could not get any brighter, Sorceress called out, “So Mote It Be!”  Suddenly the even brighter light flash faded from Taffy.  The girls all dropped hands and Taffy did not look any different.  She recovered from the shock of being transformed quickly and was ready to ask Sorceress a question.

“Is it over? Do I have my powers now?”

“You should Taffy.  Imagine yourself looking like Jan and see what happens.”

All of a sudden, in Taffy’s place was a third Wonder Twin who was obviously a copy of Jan since she had a J on her uniform just like Jan’s. 

“How’s this?” It was Taffy speaking only it came out in Jan’s voice.

“Very good, Taffy.  You aren’t really Jan but you look like her.   The illusion is so complete no ordinary person could tell the difference.  It’s starting to rain outside.  Why don’t you go out and try to use your force field.”

Taffy came outside after changing back to herself.  As she left the shelter of the cave entrance, she started her force field.  The rain was blowing all around her but she was dry inside the force field.

“Okay! Woo Hoo! It works! Thank you, Sorceress.  Thank you, Wonder Twins.”

“You are welcome, Taffy.  How do you feel now?”

“I feel wonderful.  Look out crooks! Here comes Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels to foil your plans.”

“Guess that’s all the help you need then.  Good bye Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels.  Wonder Twins would you like a lift back to the Hall of Justice.”

“Love one, Sorceress!  Thank you! Bye all!”

“So Mote It Be!”

Sorceress and the Wonder Twins vanished in a flash of bright light leaving Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels to enjoy the shower protected by Taffy’s force field.

And all was well, that is until the next time trouble came their way.

Chapter End Notes:

This fan fiction piece is based on the original works, “Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels" by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977. “All New Super Friends Hour"; by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977 and Extreme Justice #9 by DC Comics, Copyright 1995 All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement.

The End. (Complete)
Sasha Nexus is the author of 6 other stories.