Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

willy milly

All It Would Take

Part Five ~ Law of Unpredictability

By Sasha Nexus

 

Will Molly find out anything useful from Dr Reinhart?

All It Would Take

Part Five ~ Law of Unpredictability

willy milly

By Sasha Nexus

Based on the 1986 movie Willy Milly aka Something Special

(More Something Special information and spoilers from  Popcornq and Sprout)

 


 

This fan fiction piece is based on the original work, Willy Milly aka Something Special; by Willy Milly Associates, Concorde, copyright 1985.. All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement. No income is being derived from this fan fiction piece.

 


It never could be as simple as that could it? That I accepted being a girl so easily because I had been one all along?  No, it had to be more than that.  Sure, being a girl made my enjoyment of things I loved, a lot less complicated since I would not have to be covert with them anymore, living a secret life.   However I had found a way to do the things I liked without appearing outwardly as a girl.

Mom's On*Star Phone rang and we were all treated to her conversation with the Dr's office.

"Hello Mrs. Bensdorf, Dr Nelson here."

"Dr. Nelson.  We should be there momentarily."

"I'd like for you to divert to Emory University Hospital instead.   I'm sorry that I'm catching you enroute but after studying your Crawford Long Hospital Records concerning the incident in your medical history that you referred me to in reference to your son Wally's condition. I have a better option for you.   Dr Reinhart who reviewed your case then, is now Administrative head of research for Emory University.  She's offered to devote the considerable resources at her disposal to help Wally.  She's ready to see Wally as soon as you can get him there, if you will accept their help."

Momma looked at the rear view mirror at us and both Granny and I were nodding our agreement.

"Thank you Dr Nelson.   Please convey our acceptance. "

"Excellent Mrs. Bensdorf!  I'll have Emory call you with the details where to take Wally."

"Good bye, Dr Nelson!"

"Goodbye"  Momma hung up the hands free phone and told us, "I'm going to have to turn around in the Doctor's office High Rise's parking lot since we are here already.  It's going to be a bit longer drive to get to Emory University Hospital."

"Momma, that's the best research hospital in the Atlanta Area.  Crawford Long is part of the Emory system now, isn't it?"

"Yes, that's right sweetie.  Not only is Emory the best, but having Dr Reinhart see you means that she is best qualified to deal with your situation since she dealt with mine.  Perhaps, they even have had some breakthroughs about the Naskapi Indians since then, Molly" 

"I hope so Momma!"

"We have a while to go down south Ashford Dunwoody Road before we get there so sit tight."

Unfortunately there wasn't much to do but go back to being lost in my thoughts.   Neither Granny or I wanted to disturb Momma as she plunged our car onward into the heart of Atlanta.

Until I discovered the question that being gifted to be a girl provided a means to answer, I would not know whether being a girl was just a means to an end like Momma being a boy for a while was for her.  If the doctors now could not provide any more answers than leaving it up to me to make a choice, then they were useless finding the question behind it all.   I had Momma's experience with what she discovered to give me clues to how to find the question that this experience was answering.   That is if I were not over thinking it and it was the obvious and that my destiny was to be a girl.  

Grandmother, smiled that smile that always lit up the room as she got my attention by running her hand along side of my face and then began brushing my hair.   I never realized the tranquility and contentment that something so simple being done for me could bring.

"A penny for them, Granddaughter?"   I was lost in the ecstasy that I remained silent enjoying and not worrying any more.  "Okay, a dollar? I guess with inflation..."

"Granny Niceman, thank you.   I was so worried about what would come next.   How could something so simple bring such peace?"

"Its something that mothers have been sharing with their little girls for as long as there have been people on this planet.  I'm just glad that I was able to share that moment of discovery with you."

"Granny Niceman, thank you ever so much.  I'll treasure this moment always."

"In a way, you are lucky that you will be able to clearly remember the first time your hair was brushed in this way.  I guess you'll have that to hold on to instead of vague first memories when you were a tiny child."

"Why Granny are there things like brushing my hair which feel so good to me now but when I was a boy would only be a chore to be done with quickly?"

"Boys and girls are different in body as well as mind, Molly.  Some of the things associated with one gender can be appreciated by the other one.   Your upbringing helped you cross that barrier and know some of what can be the same between boys and girls."

"But even with having longish hair and sometimes having Momma brush it for me, It was never like this!"

"That's because boys and girls experience things differently because their bodies are different."

"Are there other simple things that are different for boys and girls?"

"Chocolate!"

"What about chocolate, Granny?"

"Have you really tasted it,  Molly?  Have you slowly sucked a tootsie pop, like ... Milly!"  Momma was in the front seat slowly sucking a tootsie pop by rubbing it in and out along her tongue savoring every chocolate flavor in the candy working slowly to the chocolate center.  Granny shot her a look like she had been caught in the cookie jar and she instead closed her mouth on the pop to suck it.

"Your Granny is right, how would you describe the last dark chocolate bar that you ate?"

"Well it gave me a sugar rush and tasted nice but nothing really earths shaking."

"How did you eat it?"

"I bit off chunks of it and chewed it and swallowed it like any other food."

"Okay, take this dark chocolate bar, but instead of wolfing it down with bites, suck on it so that it slowly melts in your mouth."

Oh my goodness, not only was the flavors so much richer but as I savored the chocolate, I began to feel sensations of ecstasy that seemed to have awaken my sensuality in a distinctly female way."

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Oh my goodness!  That is glorious! and I've only tasted a small part of the chocolate bar.  How can this be?"

"It's one of the difference having a female body effects the way that you experience things.  Not only does it give us that sensuous stimulation but since our sense of smell is more developed than men's the part of the taste of food that is due to it's smell is enhanced as well."

"These are the kinds of things that bond a grandmother, mother and daughter since they are experiences that they can all share."

"Granny, Momma, will the Doctors that we see give us any answers?"

"More likely they will only come up with another question.  But we need to have the means to document who you are now, Sweetie,   If they do more than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  In Milly's case after they did their exams at Crawford Long Hospital in downtown Atlanta.  I remember Dr Melissa Reinhart, as an amazing woman who was up on the latest innovations in medicine and had risen to head of the endocrinology department and an old country doctor, Doc Thomas who just happened to be the urology department administrator sat across from your Gramps, Momma and I. in the conference room which just happened to have an anatomically correct male cut away chart of the body featured on one wall.   My eyes couldn't help but be drawn to the 'surprise'."

"I was disguised in Daddy's long tan trench coat and his matching hat."  

"Well we didn't want WSB-TV or the Atlanta Journal to be able to identify Milly if the news of her condition leaked out.  Dr Melissa Reinhart began to explain it to us:" .

"Your little girl is both a little girl ... and a little boy.  She has both sexes right inside her!"

Getting to the point I asked, "Oh ... Why?"

Dr Reinhart started to answer but she was cut off by Dr Thomas.  "It's a case of what my old grand pappy called the law of unpredictability.  Sometimes nature is more fruitful than it means to be and the baby calf instead of being born with one head has ..."

I cut Dr Thomas off to get right to what I wanted to really know, "What do we do?"

"Dr Reinhart made sense when she answered, "Do? ... Well.  .. She must make a choice"

I answered, "Certainly!

Your Gramps answered, "Of course!"

That's when Milly asked, "Can't I be both?"

"Mom, Dr Melissa had just told us that I had both sexes inside me,   I thought that was the solution to please both of you and get what I wanted.  I didn't realize how impractical that suggestion really was in practice,  By the way, We're here and while you two were chatting, Emory gave me instructions on where to take Molly."

We had reached Emory and had navigated thru the parking deck to find an empty space while Granny was telling me about that first encounter with Dr Reinhart.   I hoped that the years in between and the much improved medical technology meant they had something to offer me.

Momma led us to the parking deck egress and we followed her thru to the hospital proper where an older female doctor was accompanied by a young lady in scrubs with a wheel chair and slightly older well dressed woman with a pda in her hand and a laptop case slung over her shoulder.

Granny greeted the older woman, "Dr Reinhart!  I'm so glad to see you!  The years have been kind to you."

"And to you Mrs. Niceman,  Hello again Milly, It's been a long time!  And this young lady must be, Wally?"

"I go by Molly now, Dr Reinhart."

The administrative aide smiled at me and made some additions to her PDA.  "Molly, This is Ms. Charlotte Tanner who is my administrative assistant."

"I'm glad to meet you, Molly.  I've noted your preferred name so no one else makes that mistake again.  Please call me Lottie."

"Thanks, Lottie That's an old southern nickname."

"I was named in honor of my grandmother who died just before I was born and she used the nickname so it's a family tradition."

"And Molly, This is Ms. Bobbie Cox.  She will be your transport around the hospital while we get some testing done so we can evaluate your condition. If you would please have a seat, she will whisk you off to get you started."

"Please call me Bobbie.  If you'll sit down, I'll adjust the foot rests and we'll be on our way."

I turned around and sat down in the chair looking up at Granny who was nervously twisting her cameo necklace.  For some reason, I hadn't really noticed it before but I sure noticed it now."

"Thank you, Bobbie."

"I have a hospital communicator for each of you.  It works like a cell phone but it doesn't interfere with the medical equipment here,  You'll find contact info for your family members who are here as well as any staff assigned to your case."

I received the cell like device from Lottie and Momma and Granny took one as well. I flipped it open and saw on the contacts menu a way to call both of them as well as Lottie, Bobbie and Dr Reinhart.

"Thanks, Lottie!  Wow this is high tech!" I had been warned not to take my purse in or any other possessions so all I had was my clothes which I was wearing.   Momma had in her purse the things that I might want while we were here.  

"This is indeed impressive, Dr Reinhart."

"Thank you Dr. Bensdorf.  I'm quite an admirer of your body of work in astronomy and that of your husband as well.  If a device will aid in coming to a quick correct diagnosis or treatment then we have it .  It's a bonus of being on the cutting edge of research. If you two will take your leave of Molly, we can go to my office for a preliminary discussion while she is getting her testing done,"

"Of course, Dr Reinhart."  Momma gave me a touch on the shoulder and a smile and a kiss on my forehead and Granny did the same while still playing with that cameo necklace.  They both told me goodbye and off I went with Bobbie.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was very glad when Bobbie revealed to me that our next stop was going to be the conference room where I would be reunited with not only Momma and Granny but also Daddy and Gramps.  In the last few minutes their names had been added to the contacts directory.  They had both spoken to me briefly and then they had to be caught up on the information that Momma and Granny had gotten so far about me.

Finally I arrived in the conference room and Bobbie wheeled me over to a chair less space at the conference table.  I had Granny on my left hand and Momma on my right.  Beyond Momma was Daddy and beyond Granny was Gramps and across from us was Dr Reinhart and Lottie.   Each of them greeted me with a kiss on either my cheek or forehead and then they all settled back in their seats while Bobbie excused herself for a break.

"Thank you all for bearing with us while we carried out our tests.  While we can not be sure of everything possible to conclude from the testing, there are some things we found out which I am ready to present to you now. I only wish that Dr Thomas could witness this day but he passed away some years ago having done a great deal of good in his time.  His down home perspective full of wisdom from many years practicing medicine, was invaluable and I miss him.  Nevertheless we must press on."

"Ladies and Gentleman, unlike Milly's case all those years ago, who had both sexes right in side her for a time, Molly is totally female much as Wally was totally male before the incident occurred."

"Oh... Why?" Granny still had not lost her touch getting to the point with few words.

"That remains even more a mystery this time around since there has been a complete transformation down to the chromosomal level and none of the original DNA exists anywhere in her body.  Obviously the Law of Unpredictability does not apply as applied by Dr Thomas before."

"How?"

"That too is a mystery.  We sent a team to your home to collect the artifacts used in the experiment but they were not on the roof where the security camera recorded their presence prior to our arrival. Even more perplexing is that the container labeled Neskapi eclipse powder did not disappear as you see it before you on this table but analysis of its contents down to the molecular level did not reveal any of its contents remaining in the bottle which is a physical impossibility to completely remove all of a solid substance from a container.  The experiment was repeatable with two different subjects linked by heredity but the resulting effect on each of them has been established as different which is another mystery.  Repeating the experiment a third time with reasonable facsimiles yields no results which implies that we are missing an ingredient ."

"What do we do?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Niceman and Mr. and Mrs. Bensdorf. you are free to go.  However we must keep Molly here since the breakthrough that she is the key to could revolutionize both science and medicine.   We will take very good care of Molly and you have no choice but comply."

Oh my goddess! I guess absolute power does corrupt absolutely! I found myself held in both hand and foot restraints in the chair which had locked itself down to the floor.  She was supposed to help me like she helped my mother and now look what had happened.  All I could do was wait to see what happened next.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story.. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.