Grottoes by Stanman63
Summary:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.


Categories: Fiction Characters: None
Age Group: Teenager 13-18
Categories: Age Progression, Sweet and Sentimental
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Romance
Keywords: Cheerleader, School Girl
Story Universe: Gaby
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 45379 Read: 116882 Published: 30 Jun 2010 Updated: 11 Jul 2010
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Synopsis by Stanman63

2. Grottoes-1 by Stanman63

3. Grottoes-2 by Stanman63

4. Grottoes-3 by Stanman63

5. Grottoes-4 by Stanman63

6. Grottoes-5 by Stanman63

7. Grottoes-6 by Stanman63

8. Grottoes-7 by Stanman63

9. Grottoes-8 by Stanman63

10. Grottoes-9 by Stanman63

11. Grottoes-10 by Stanman63

12. Grottoes-11 by Stanman63

13. Grottoes-12 by Stanman63

14. Grottoes-13 by Stanman63

15. Grottoes-14 by Stanman63

Synopsis by Stanman63
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.

Grottoes

 
By Stanman63
 

 
Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.
     


 

From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.

Grottoes-1 by Stanman63

Grottoes-1
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

Excerpt from Jessica Bell's Diary: Well, the kids from Warsop College have returned home and I already miss them, especially Drew Bond. While over here, he was tricked into being his alter ego Gaby Bond by the Walters girls with help from Madeline Peters, Drew's girlfriend.

I almost ended the charade, but Drew convinced me not to. That young man is made of very stern stuff to be able to endure six weeks of being a girl, especially considering the fact that his mother Jenny Bond is dying from cervical cancer.

She and Dave Bond convinced Him and his older sister Julie Bond to honor their commitment to the trip. The only reason that they agreed was that Jenny was going to fight the cancer and if the cancer won, the kids and Maddy Bell would be called home to be with her until the end.

I am happy to say that Jenny defeated the cancer and is now recovering from the treatment. But that leaves me in a quandary. What should I do about the Walter girls deception? They need to be punished for causing that poor boy to dress as a girl while he was over here. He could have been outed and seriously hurt by their deception.

As it is, they almost caused him to freeze to death because of a stupid challenge! There was a ski trip where they went from point A to point B and back again. They challenged Drew to take the longer trail back to point A, not thinking that he had never been on skis. Luckily, he and Maddy who was with him made it back without injury.

But that shows that those Walters girls do not think about the consequences of their pranks. They have pulled such pranks before, but this one almost caused harm to their victims. I know that their parents got onto them about their antics, but I think that the entirety of their actions needs to be revealed.

I have consulted with the other faculty here and a Warsop College about what has happened and they all agree that the Walters girls need to be punished. Britney will be taken of the Augusta High School Cheerleader Squad and BOTH will lose their scholarships as well as being banned from any clubs. I hope that this is the end of such antics, but I thought that before about Dan who was apart of the program.

He was teamed up with Rhod Morgan and all went well until he discovered that Rhod dressed as Em Morgan when he went to visit his dad in Wales. Sylvie Morgan; Rhod's mother had her son dress as Em Morgan so that his dad who had suddenly showed up would not want a daughter permanently. It worked, but now Rhod wants to be Em and came to Grottoes as Em.

When Dan found out about Em, he went ballistic and was dropped from the program after causing a scene at the farewell party by forcing a kiss upon a girl. Now Dan is on probation to see if he will cause any problems, if he does, he will be dropped from track and field and lose his scholarship. I just hope that this is the last that we must endure because of the program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then Jessica closed her diary and went to greet the person who was ringing her doorbell, she was surprised to see Sandy Jones standing there.

Jessica opened the door with a smile, "Well, how are you Sandy? I thought that you would be heading home from work by now." [' Why is she here in her uniform when she usually changes after work.']

"Hello Miss Bell, I just need to talk about Em and the trip for a bit." ['Does she know that Em was really Rhod? if so, why was I chosen to replace Dan?']

Jessica let Sandy in, "Now, now Sandy. You know to call me Jessica. What do you need to talk about?" She asked as she led Sandy to the kitchen. ['I wonder if it is about her being chosen to replace Dan?']

"OK Jessica, I was wondering why I was chosen to replace Dan," she said as sat down while Jessica poured them both a cup of coffee.

Then Jessica placed her hand on Sandy's. "I know all about your transitioning into a girl. And since Rhod wanted to be Em, I felt that you were the best choice since you have your own apartment." [' Otherwise, I would have had to choose a teacher and THAT would have not worked out well for her popularity.']

Then Sandy smiled, "I totally forgot that you knew about me. That Em was a Godsend with her charm and grace. She actually helped my mother and kid brother to finally accept me as a girl," she sighed as she drank her coffee.

"What about your dad?" Jessica asked as she placed a plate of buttered toast by Sandy. [' That man has yet to accept Sandy as a girl and he treats her like the plague.']

"Oh, while Em was here, he treated me better, but now it's back to normal with him. At least there is one thing that has changed." ['Thanks Em for bringing about the change, if not for you, I'd still be a stranger in my home.']

Then Jessica refilled both empty cups and the plate of buttered toast, "OH? And what is that pray tell. This has got to be good considering your dad," she giggled. ['That man would give the Grinch a run for the money if there was a contest.']

Sandy smiled, "Oh mother told my dad to treat me with respect at the diner and when out in public or he'd be sleeping on the sofa. As it is, he is learning about people like me because of his antics." she giggled. [' Daddy wants to blame me, but it's all his fault. Hopefully he will learn to tolerate people like me in time, but I seriously doubt it.']

"I am glad that she stood her ground. It's about time that she stopped him from being such an all around jackass! But what's this about him having to learn about people like you? Do you mean girls in transition?" [' I know that there are other types out there. I wonder what he did to warrant this?']

"Well, daddy was at work when one of his clients turned out to be T.G. When daddy found out, he verbally abused her and almost lost his job when she complained to upper management." [' Daddy sure had it coming after his attitude towards me, the asshole.']

"Then his boss ordered him to attend a class where he would be exposed to all sorts of people in the T.G. Community, Right?" [' I think that the school needs to start such a program in order to prevent such an attitude from forming in the minds of the students. But I will need to present the idea at the next P.T.O. meeting after I talk to the principal.']

"Yep. And he is learning all about us girls in spite of himself too,' she smirked. [' If he knew that he had actually hit on a t-girl, he would be kicking himself but good, but I don't want to hurt mother.']

"Well, I am glad that he is in treatment for his attitude, I just wish that Dan would volunteer to seek help with his attitude."

"I know what you mean. He almost outed Em while she was here. In fact he caused some boys to accost her in the bathroom. If not for the realistic breast-forms and gaffe, she would have been outed."

"Yes, I know about that incident, but since he got thumped for causing trouble and was not involved, there is not much more that we could do."

"To bad, because Em has had quite a few nightmares concerning the attack. She may still be physically a boy, but she is acting just like a girl."

"Right now, I am wondering what I can do about the Walters girls for what they did to Gaby while she was here."

"Uh oh, what did they do THIS time?"

"Well, you had Em with you, but there was another girl like her in the program."

Oh? And just who is this other girl?"

Then Jessica looked Sandy in the eye, "Before I tell you, you must promise NOT to tell anyone as it would cause problems."

"Don't worry Jessica. I will never tell. I know how important it is to keep such a secret. I will NEVER out Em and I will never out her friend."

"Why do you think that the other one is Em's friend?"

"Simple, there are no students in the program from here that are in transition, so she must be from Warsop."

"Your right Sandy. But this other student is not like Em, He is a young man that unfortunately can pass as a girl."

"Oh my! If the Walters girls ever knew this, they'd have that poor boy in dresses just for fun."

"They did, in fact, they were hosted by his family when they went to England."

"Who was it? Gaby or Julie?"

"It was Gaby. In reality, she is Drew Bond."

"And they NEVER told their parents? Those girls deserve to be punished for their prank!"

"That's not the worst of it. Drew's mother is sick with cervical cancer."

"And he had to be Gaby because of the Walters girls."

"They claim that they didn't tell their parents because then Drew wouldn't have been able to stay with them."

"And because of their selfishness, poor Drew never had any Drew time."

"Actually, he did."

"Oh?"

Yes, Erin knew about it from the start and treated Drew as a boy. In fact, she almost outed Brit, but Drew convinced her not to."

"OK, does Diane know as well as the cycling team?"

"Yes, and that Drew kept on showing them new things as he constantly beat them in their impromptu races."

"I bet that Diane and Erin were quite amazed that that little dynamo beat them."

"Yep, and Drew won their respect by explaining how he won the races."

"That's why Erin gave him that bike."

"Well, that and the fact that she saw that by Drew racing on her bike, he would give her some great advertising."

"That Erin is one smart business woman. Without her help, a lot of the local businesses would have folded."

"Yes, she takes after her dad in that way."

Then the phone rang, "Hello, Jessica Bell speaking," Then she passed the phone over to Sandy, "It's for you."

"Hello?"

"Sandy, it's time to go to the concert. Are you going?"

"Yeah mom, I'm all dressed and ready."

"Good, we will be by to pick you up in a few minutes, we are on our way."

"Thanks mom, bye for now."

"Bye Sandy, love you girl."

Then Sandy hung up the phone, "Gotta go Jessica."

"You sure are dressed nice, what for?"

"We are going to the Country Music Festival to see the local bands play tonight."

"That why you're dressed like a cowgirl?"

"Yeah, in fact, daddy says that I look pretty."

Then Jessica hugged Sandy who was weeping.

"There's hope for him yet."

Then they heard a horn blow, "That's them, gotta go,"

"What about your car?"

"I walked."

Then Sandy opened the door and got into her dad's car and left.

"Well, Sandy has definitely gained from the program, That Em has certainly given her family a lot to think about and now Sandy is reaping the rewards. I hope that others gain from the program, but I still have to consider what to do about the Walter girls.

 

Grottoes-2 by Stanman63

Grottoes
Chapter 2
 
By Stanman63
 

 
Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions
     


 

From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sandy was surprised to see that her dad was actually at the door, waiting for her, ['This is a first, daddy has NEVER treated me like a daughter!'] "Daddy, why are you here? I thought that you didn't care for me being a girl," she said as she opened the door and he graciously held it as she exited the house and closed it behind her.

He gently kissed her cheek, Well, after Em left, I saw how much having a princess in the house made everything better somehow, I miss her and to me, treating you as I treated her seems right," he blushed as he admitted to his need.

She hugged him, "Does this mean that I gotta take ballet and cheerleading?" she teased as she let happy tears flow freely. ['Thank you Em, You have given my daddy that I lost when I told him that I am a girl.']

He smiled at her, "Only if you want to, I want for you to be who you want to be, NOT what I or anybody else want for you to be." ['It's taken me years to be able to tell her that. Years wasted with hatred and fear of what others would say.']

Sandy linked her arm through his, Daddy, [sniff,sniff] I know that I may be a bit to late, [sniff,sniff] but may I be your Princes and have the joy of you tucking me in?" she cried. ['I have not had that like Em has with her dad.']

He hugged her before he opened the door for her, "Yes, and you can even get in my lap and I will read you a story or you can lay on the sofa with your head in my lap like you were my little girl. I too need it. I have missed out on being the father of my Princess." ['I am trying, but how long can I continue until I regress?']

She got in only to be attacked by her baby brother Kevin, "SANDY! I LOVE YOU!" he exclaimed as he hugged his sister's leg as she stepped into the car.

"EEEP!! OK you little rugrat, careful you don't ruin my pantyhose," she giggled as she picked him up and sat him back in his car seat that he'd succeeded in unbuckling.

"Sorry Sandy, but I think I did," he pouted.

She looked down and saw the laddering of her hosiery and her brother's ragged fingernails with a thread from her hose, "Yes, your nails did it, if they were trimmed, you wouldn't have ruined my perfectly good hose," she admonished her baby brother. ['He needs to learn about caring about such things.']

"But daddy says that is girly, and that I am a boy," he explained with a sniffle. ['Was daddy wrong again?']

Sandy hugged her brother, "Did he say that, or did he say that nail polish was girly?" ['I know that daddy keeps his nails trimmed, so he wouldn't have my brother neglect his nails.']

He looked over to his dad who had gotten behind the steering wheel, "Nail polish," he
sighed. ['I guess that I got Sandy mad at me now.']

"Then why did you NOT trim your nails like daddy does?" ['Thanks guys for letting me handle this.']

"I don't know."

Then Mrs. Jones advised, "Kevin, could it be because you wanted to please your dad?" ['My boy wants to make him proud, but unfortunately, this is not the way.']

"Yes momma, am I a bad boy?" ['I love my sister, even though she is somehow different, Not like Auntie Em.']

"Son, I want for you to be a good boy. I love you and am proud of you. I don't want for you to make the mistake that I did by being overly macho," he admonished his child. ['This is my fault for teaching him to be overly macho to combat Sandy's feminine behavior.']

"OK daddy, Then can we stop somewhere and get Sandy some new pantyhose? I'll pay since I ruined hers," he asked as he dug into his pocket. ['Daddy always says to pay for any mistakes.']

He shook his head and chuckled, "I thought that I'd never hear you say that my boy! You have given me a good laugh. But I can not deny you your chance to be a good man and pay for your mistake. In fact, hand the money over to your mother so that she can do it. That is unless you want to do it yourself." ['Will my son Kevin choose to go or will he stay? I never was comfortable when they got feminine products when we stopped like this.']

Kevin smiled at his dad, "Daddy, I can go in and NOT get candy for myself, but I do wanna get Sandy her favorite treat to apologize for the hose."

Mrs. Jones opened her door and motioned for her son to follow, "Then 'll get the hose, you get her treat wile Sandy goes to the back to change her hose."

"Then let's all go in, because I need some batteries for my pager," said Mister Jones.
['I hope that way that we can stop worrying about Sandy's hose. SHIT! I NEVER thought that I'd think that!.']

Everybody got out and did their bit of quick shopping. The girls got some breath mints while Mister Jones got his batteries and Kevin got Sandy her hosiery. She took her mother back to the ladies room so she could help to change her hose. Then they piled into the car and went to dinner.

Sandy was pampered at Logan's Grill where her dad had made reservations. It was a very posh and upscale family restaurant that served : American, Chinese, Italian, Mexican, and
Seafood. The waitresses wore a white blouse with a knee-length black skirt and hose, loafers and a red vest and tie.

It was at he restaurant that her dad proved is mettle by defending Sandy from a pair of very obnoxious teens intent upon causing trouble and having fun at a girl's expense. They were dressed in leather pants and jackets with matching black shirts and boots.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? An old man with a brat and two gorgeous whores for our pleasure," Thug #1 sneered. ['The old on might be fun, but the hot babe will be the treat!']

Mister Jones stood bravely between his family and the thugs, "Why are you boys bothering us? Why don't you go home?" ['Lord, help me to protect my family.']

Then he felt a strong, firm delicate hand on his shoulder, "Daddy, I'll back you up! I may be a girl, but Jack had us waitresses take a self-defense course, and they don't scare me a bit!" ['HOW DARE THEY ATTACK MY FAMILY! I AM ONE THING ! BUT FAMILY IS ANOTHER! I WILL HAVE NO MERCY!']

He saw the ancient fire in her eyes and knew that a fire had been awakened that was dangerous to ignite. He had faced it himself when he went against her desire to become a woman, and now it was aimed at the thugs. he was strangely relieved and thankful.

The thugs got out their knives and advanced upon the Dynamic Duo ," Hey Sweetie, We'll go easy on you, after all, we have all night, right fellas?" leered Thug # 2.

"Right!" Chorused the other three thugs.

"OK Sandy, but try NOT to ruin your pantyhose. You do and you wear them all day tomorrow," he joked. ['Now why did I say that? I am NOT interested in her legs.']

"Sure daddy, but may I have some fun?"

"Be my guest."

She quite easily took all four of them down by first kicking her heels into two of their groins and launching her mother's heels at the other two. Then she launched herself into a ballet of feints and kicks that left them on the ground, cradling their broken arms that had held their knives as well as keeping their groins protected from more kicks or heels.

"Sorry daddy, I ruined my pantyhose again," she sulked as she looked down at her feet now
bare of hosiery.

He crushed her in a bear hug as her family gathered around her, "Sandy, that's OK, I'm proud of my Warrior Princess. I'll get you some new pantyhose, and don't worry about wearing those hose anymore."

 

Grottoes-3 by Stanman63

Grottoes
Chapter 3

By Stanman63

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.





From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html




As Jessica was leaving, her phone rang, "Jessica Bell speaking. who is calling please?" she asked after she'd punched the speaker-phone button. ['Is this about Drew by any chance?']

"Jess, this is Erin of Erin's Cyclery. I wanted to talk to you about a certain visitor who went to Atlanta with me if you don't mind. I am sure that you will need my information all too soon," she said seriously. ['Drew, you were quite the gentleman to have endured being Gaby because of those Walters' girls, but now thy will have hell to pay for their mischief.']

['I was right! Erin should have plenty of fodder for burying those girls for their treatment of Drew, and the other Augusta students involved are too blame as well.] "Sure Erin, I'm heading home now. Want to meet at Jack's Diner? He has a private room we can use if you prefer."

"Neh! We have nothing to hide. Why not get in the corner booth by the kitchen? That way we can talk without being overheard, and we can keep an eye out for the Walters girls too."

"Are you going to ride your bike? It's Wednesday you know," she chuckled. ['That Gaby/Drew became a Local Legend what with all of the victories over the Grottoes Express.']

"Yeah, why not? We just got through with our riding for the day, but I'm in my truck. It's TOO cold to ride now," she giggled. ['Good thing I'm wearing thick tights under my skins or I'd be frozen.']

"Knowing Jack, when he sees YOU in your skins, he'll give you a free coffee. He dotes on you girl!" ['He is so sweet on Erin, yet won't make a move because he wants to give her space after divorcing that cad Eugene who left with that trollop Becky.']

"I know Jess, but I'm NOT ready for anything or anyone yet. But when I am, he'll be the first one. He was my date to the Senior Prom," she sighed. ['I should have married Jack instead of Eugene, but he won because Jack had no job, nor a way to support me.']

Then they hung up and Jess went to change into her thermal underwear and jeans with red sweater and thick socks and riding boots. As she locked up, she grabbed a wool cap and started her Chevy Blazer. She kept her Blazer in peak condition because she knew that winters in Grottoes could turn bitter cold and dump snow that nobody without skis, snowshoes, or a four-wheel drive could manage.

As she pulled into Jack's Diner, she saw Erin pull in in her rusty pick up. She often wondered why Erin never did anything about it. All that she did was basic maintenance when needed.

"This spring, I'll get the school's Auto Shop to overhaul that hunk of junk you drive. You ought to have done it already, but put it off because of the Student Exchange Program. Well, no more procrastinating for you," Jess declared as she met the cycle-kit wearing Erin. ['She may not like it, but she's gonna get her truck fixed.']

"Knowing you, you'll have a loaner ready for me. I love that old truck, I inherited it from my dad when he died," she sighed. ['It was the only brand new thing he ever bought. Guess it's time to fix it up now.']

Jess placed her hand upon Erin's shoulder, "I know, your dad was a very good man who would be proud of what you've done with the house and converting his old building into your business." ['Frank left her a legacy that she has turned into her own legacy.']

"Yeah, he kept a bunch of old junk machines there to tinker with. When cancer claimed him, he told me to sell the stuff and open my business. He even put it in his Will and sold the junk to Diane's dad. That's why we're so close now. We've both lost our dad," she sighed. ['Thanks daddy for believing in me.']

"Well, come on! I'm treating you to your favorite pot roast dinner for meeting with me. It's too bad that Sandy won't be here, she would love seeing you like that." ['Erin never sees those who dote on her.']

"Oh? And why is that? I thought that she likes guys."

"Oh she does, she just wishes that she could wear that outfit and get away with it."

"I don't see why she can't."

"Her dad. He still sees trouble if she shows off her figure."

"Well, in his way, he's protecting her even though he can't let his bigotry go."

Then the were at the door where Frank opened the door, "Welcome Ladies to my most humble abode. Where do you Princesses wish to be seated?"

"Corner booth by the kitchen please kind Sir," giggled Erin. ]'Looks like Jess is right Frank DOES dote on me.']

"This way, please follow me." ['Erin looks super in her racing skins. I'd join her team, but I am afraid that she'll say 'NO' to me.']

"Frank, it's clearly evident that you like me. Have you ever thought about joining the Grottoes Express? You don't have to race, there are some there just to bike locally." [' I wonder if he'll bite.']

"Erin, I was afraid that with our past, that you'd deny me membership."

"I'd NEVER do that! You are a good man and friend. I'm truly sorry that you took so long to tell me. I guess that that Exchange Program has helped in this."

"Yeah, I'd of loved to go to Atlanta with you, but didn't feel that it was right."

"Well, next Wednesday, come to my shop in you kit and bring your bike then."

"I have neither," he sighed.

"Then come tomorrow and get your kit and look into a bike. You might even want one from Diana."

"OK Erin, what will you two have to drink?"

"I'll have the Diet Cola."

"Me too."

"OK, dinner will be here shortly."

The ladies sat down in the booth and saw the Walters' girls with their friends.

"Jess, I don't know what the school is planning to do about them, but those two were instrumental in forcing Drew to be Gaby all the time while he was here. I know that they think that it was harmless, but Drew could have been grievously hurt because of them. I want to see them finally pay for their stupidity."

"Quite frankly Erin, I totally agree. I saw what grief that Dan caused Em, now I want to be sure that such shenanigans NEVER happen again!"

"Why was he so against Em?"

"Back in Warsop, Em is Rhod."

"You mean to tell me that THAT girl is a boy under all of that makeup?"

"Yes, and pairing Em with Sandy worked out quite well. Sandy seems to now have a daddy that loves her now."

"Well, I won't spill the beans about Em. If Mister Jones was to find out, he'd have a fit," Erin giggled.

"Good, because Sandy would pay the price. Do you think that Diana would want to help us?"

"Definitely! She knows that Gaby is Drew and she doesn't like those girls very much."

"You think that she'd want to join us?"

"Yes, and a few members of Grottoes Express. That wunderkin certainly impressed the team."

Then Erin called Diana and got the ball rolling on punishing the Walters' girls.

 

Grottoes-4 by Stanman63

Grottoes-4
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.htm
As they were celebrating Sandy's victory, the Police arrived, and seeing the carnage, investigated. One was a tall black man that should have been playing basketball, his partner was a muscular white man with brown wavy hair.

"Excuse me Sir, but I need to know what happened, and your name so that I can fill out the report, otherwise, these punks can get out all too soon."

"My name is John Frank Jones, and this pretty young lady is my daughter Sandy Lynn Jones. We were here having a family dinner with my wife Mary Anne and son Kevin Jacob, when after dinner, we were accosted by the punks. But my Warrior Princesses took care of them," he beamed.

"So, no casualties?"

"Well, Sandy did ruin her pantyhose if that counts," he snickered.

"DADDY! PLEASE DON'T EMBARRASS ME!" Sandy giggled.

He hugged his daughter, "Can't I be proud of you?"

"Of course daddy, but I wasn't ready for you to broadcast about my pantyhose," she sighed.

"Sandy, be patient, It's just recently that I got to know you."

"Is Sandy transgendered?"

"How did you know that? I thought that I made a good girl."

"My name is Charles Adamson, and this brown-haired joker is my partner is Evan Gibbs. I have a daughter like you married to him. I know what it's like."

Then Evan smiled, "Chuck and I are about the only Beat Cops that could see through your disguise. Believe me, we want to help you. Sandy, have you had your records changed to reflect your new gender?"

"We made sure of that before we moved to Grottoes, even her birth certificate. Why?"

"Because y'all might be sued by these ruffians, and if they can prove that Sandy was once a male, they can use prejudice against you."

"Daddy, don't worry, I am wearing a gaffe that gives me a woman's groin, and these breasts are mine."

"Damn it Sandy! With you looking like your mom and now looking like her there, it's gonna be very hard to see you as my baby girl!"

She blushed, "Sorry daddy, but I need this gaffe in order to feel complete and just in case a boy won't take "NO" for an answer," she sighed. ['Maybe NOW he'll see fit to let me date.']

Then her mother and Kevin got out as he smiled at her, "Be patient with me Sandy, I just now started seeing you as my daughter. Thinking of you being that much like Mary is a bit much for this reforming Bigot," he chortled. "DAMN IT ALL!! I am outvoted by my daughter and wife, AND I'M LOVING IT!']

"Anything wrong Officers? Is my daughter or husband in trouble?" ['Knowing John and Sandy, probably both. They are both quick to defend their loved ones.']

Officer Gibbs, smiled at her," No Ma'am, we just need to fill out a report, and if possible, talk with y'all about Sandy's uniqueness."

"Oh?"

"Momma, they know about my secret, and are OK with it."

"Yes Ma'am, my wife is like Sandy, she had her operation a few years ago and we are very happily married," smiled Gibbs.

"You mean that there are other girls like my sister?"

"Yes young man, my daughter is one and Even here won her heart."

"Where should we meet then?"

"There is a coffee shop that we frequent. In fact, my daughter owns it."

"Your trans-gendered daughter?" asked Mister Jones.

"The same."

"Daddy, may we go and meet her?"

"OK Princess, I guess that meeting others will help you," he sighed.

Sandy kissed her daddy, "Thanks daddy, I know how hard this is for you."

Mary Jones kissed her husband, "John, my Beloved Husband. I am glad to see you finally accepting our daughter. Get ready for a REAL THANK YOU tonight, that is if Sandy will babysit her baby brother Kevin."

"Sure mother, and maybe you can even get a start on another sibling," I giggled.

"What do you mean Sandy?"

"There is a very special way to call a brother or a sister, and mother and daddy want to try."

"OK, I'd like a baby sister."

"Son, it doesn't always work, but if it does, we will be happy to have another child," pronounced Mister Jones.

"May I watch?"

"NO!!!" exclaimed everybody in unison.

"AW!! Shucks! How can I learn then?" asked Kevin.

" Baby Brother, when you need to know, you will know, OK?"

Kevin hugged his sister, "OK Sandy, I will wait since I trust you."

Her parents mouther their thanks as Sandy hugged her brother.

"OK Officer Gibbs, lead the way, and we will tell you about why we moved out to Grottoes at the Coffee Shop," offered Mister Jones.

Then the Joneses followed the Beat Cops in their Police Cruiser to the Coffee Shop and were quite surprised at the name.

"Officer Adamson, you never told us that the name was 'The Coffee Shop.'"

"Well, would you have believed us if we'd told you Mister Jones?"

"Guess not," he chuckled.

Inside, they saw a dining room upholstered in walnut paneling, wooden furniture and red and white flooring with the ceiling done in off-white stucco and ceiling fans providing ambient lighting.

"Welcome to The Coffee Shop, may I take your order?" asked a petite, black lady wearing a red waitress dress with a mid-thigh hem, nude hose and red flats.

"Casey, you know better than that! I am your husband you know," chuckled Gibbs.

"Yes Evan, but you two have come here with strangers, and you know that in such cases that I am a waitress first, wife second," she giggled.

"Casey, before he sticks his foot in his mouth up to his thigh, let me introduce the Jones family: John, Mary, Kevin and especially Sandy."

She hugged them, then looked Sandy in the eye, "Yes, I can see that she's like me daddy. Good thing that you brought her here. We girls need to stick together."

"Casey, how do y'all know that I am trans-gendered?"

"Well, actually, they called and told me on the way here. But believe me, Evan can tell simply by looking at your ribcage."

"Oh, now I see, Males have one less rib on the right side."

"You got it Sandy. Now, since they want to talk with you and want me there too, I'll have to turn things over to my Night Manager Toni."

"Miss Casey, I am her father. Did your dad have a problem accepting you?"

"Let's discuss that in the Private Dining Room. I do not advertise my gender around because of the bigots. They could easily boycott my cafe, and/or do some damage."

Then a tall, lithe, redhead with hazel eyes approached wearing an identical waitress uniform," Casey, I'm ready to take over."

"OK Toni, just don't slam dunk anybody, your dad and Evan are here."

"Sure thing Boss."

Casey let them into the lushly appointed room that had a fireplace, well stocked bar, toilets kitchen, lounge chairs, and dining room set with cabinets full of plates, glasses, and silverware.

"For a coffee shop, your place is quite posh."

"Thanks Sandy. It began as a simple coffee shop, but I lucked out and was able to take over the he restaurant next door."

"And you kept the name? I must say that I like it. My daughter is a waitress for Frank, and he has doubled his cafe from the original size."

"Glad to know that other restaurantuers are doing well Mrs. Jones. Now may we here about Sandy?"

"Sure thing, after everybody gets comfy."

Then the group sat down and John Jones spoke first, "It was three years ago that our then son told us that he wanted to be a girl. I didn't like it, but Doctor Benjamin convinced me that it was right for Sandy. For a year, she would dress as a girl only at the house as she took pills to go through a girl's puberty. When she began to develop, I knew that we had to move to protect the family from bigots. Luckily, my job had an opening in Grottoes with a pay raise to match."

"As a father of a girl like Sandy, I sympathize. Lucky for me, Casey was living with her mother Lindsey until they moved back in with me. When I heard about her wanting to be a girl, they left until I could truly love her," he sighed.

Casey hugged her daddy, "Daddy, I am glad that you accepted me, too ba it took momma dying of cancer to reunite us."

"Well, that and the fact that you look just like your mother, you're even the same size. That made it much easier to

He sat down and his wife, Mary spoke, "Here in Grottoes, we bought a house with a nice little apartment house on the same lot. We gave Sandy the apartment because of John's then inability to cope with her new gender. Only Jessica Bell, her counselor knows about her and thanks to Jess, John has begun to accept Sandy," she said as she hugged her husband and sat down.

"So John, how did she do it?"

Sandy looked at Charles and answered for her daddy, "Sir, Miss Bell got me to substitute for a student in a special program. A select group of students and teachers went to England to learn first hand about their culture. But one of the British students was caught dressed as a girl and his outing caused the American student to verbally attack him and insult a black student as well."

John Jones stood up and stared at his daughter, "Sandy, is Em really a boy?"

"Daddy, Em was born as Rhod, but is like me. Please don't be angry," she pleaded.

He started laughing until he was crying. Finally, he got control of himself, "What a joke to pull on me! That Em is such a girl that I never would have guessed that she was born a boy. Now I know why Janet chose you Sandy. Em has truly blessed us, especially me! If not for her, I'd not have accepted you as My Princess."

Sandy got up, hugged her daddy, weeping for joy as he held her firmly in his arms, "Daddy, I am glad that you aren't mad about Em."

"How can I be when she helped me to accept you? No, you need to apologize to your mother for not telling her."

Sandy turned to her mother who was smiling, "Don't apologize Honey, Em helped me to treat you like I should. The fact that she is like you doesn't matter."


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-5 by Stanman63

Grottoes-5
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

Diana answered the phone, Biggs' Foundations, Diana Biggs speaking."

"Di, this is Erin with Jess. We're atJack's Diner and wonder if you want to meet to talk about Drew and Brit."

"So, she knows about Brit's lame prank on the boy," she stated as fact.

Jess accepted the phone from Erin who had activated its speaker-phone option, "Yes, I knew because I went over to Warsop where that troublemaker made sure that Drew became Gaby all too often. If not for her, Drew would not have become Gaby as a cheerleader."

"I figured that out, and she and her sister never told their parents that Drew is a boy, forcing Drew to be Gaby via blackmail."

"Yes, and we believe that it's high time that they pay for their ill thought prank. If Drew had been outed at anytime, he and Jules could have been hurt and caused an international incident too."

"I know that Drew came alive while riding with Team Grottoes. We adopted Gaby as our British cousin. Erin and I may have benefited from Drew's riding with us, but we would give it up rather than hurt the Wunderkind!"

"Yes Jess. Maddy stayed with you, so you know about her part in their conspiracy to deny Drew any time as himself. I was afraid that Drew would lose his identity while here."

"Well. I know that he was sorely tempted to quit the Sherwood Foresters while over here. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had."

Jack returned with a group of photos of Gaby, " I take it from what you ladies are saying that Miss Gaby is really a boy named Drew. All that I ever saw was a young lady. If I had known about Drew, I'd have made sure that he had time to be himself."

Jess smiled, "Thanks Jack, it's nice to know that you don't agree with such close-minded attitudes."

He shrugged, "Heck, I know that there are boys that can easily pass for a girl. Used to be one in my high school until puberty hit, then he shot up to seven feet tall and bulked up to become one of the best tackles in pro football."

"Oh? And just who is this? You never told us that you knew a sports celebrity," admonished Erin.

"Oh, give over Erin, he's talking about Dan-The-Man Felding, his cousin, giggled Di.

"Yep, Danny might be literally a big man, but he has a soft spot for boys like Drew. In fact, he has set up Danny's Boys to help out the trans-gendered and works with the British charity Mermaids."

Then Diane came up, "Mermaids?"

"Diane? How did you get here so fast?" asked Jessica.

"Simple, I had the office phone transferred to my cell-phone. I was on the way here anyway for dinner," she smirked as her tummy rumbled.

"Sounds as if you've got here just in time, what'll you have?" chortled Jack.

"I'll have your Tuna Dinner Supreme, with diet ranch dressing, and warm apple cider."

"OK, but you're getting a bit to thin there Diane. you need a bit more meat on your bones," admonished Jack.

Diane smiled, "Thanks for caring. But I've been cycling now for awhile, and want to get down to a good racing trim."

"Don't mind him, Di. He likes his women with a bit of heft on them," giggled Erin as she stood up.

"How do you know that, Erin?"

"We've dated a few times," blushed Erin.

"No wonder he likes you Erin, you do look great in that cycling kit!" giggled Jess as both Jack and Erin blushed in embarrassment.

"Yes, I like her. She is a real lady. She is not one to put on airs about being refined, as all too many of the so called 'Southern Belles are. No, she is a true Southern Belle as any Lady of the South should be."

"Why Jack. One would think that you're a Southern General from your speech," replied Diane.

He doffed his cap as he bowed, "At your service, Ma'am," he said in a Southern drawl.

"Why I do declare! We have a real Southern Gentleman here. Do we have any mint julep tea?" giggled Jessica.

"If not, then we do still have a supply of mulled apple cider back at my shop for the cyclists," tittered Erin.

Then Dan came in, and seeing the commotion, went over, "Excuse me Miss Bell, but I need to talk about Gaby," he sighed.

"Yes Dan, what do you need to talk about?"

"I overheard the Walters girls saying how they had tricked Drew Bond into being Gaby. If so, will they get away with it?"

"Sit with us Dan. Yes, they did that to Drew. Why are you so adamant to see them get punished?"

He sat down, "Because back in Warsop, I saw Drew as a real stand up guy. Sure, he might be a bit small, but he was a nice guy, and athlete. To trick him into being a girl was cruel, and come to think it, it happened in Warsop too!"

Jessica watched as Jachk brought Dan the dinner that he'd called in, "Dan, back in Warsop, you attacked Rhod when you found out that he was dressing as Em, and caused her some trouble here too. Are you saying that you are no longer against Em too?"

Dan blushed, "I was a total jerk to Em back then. My dad had taught me that those like Em were sissies, and to be despised. He also taught me that other races were inferior to whites. Luckily, I grew up with Samantha and other blacks. It's only been recently that other races have moved into Grottoes."

"And what does that have to do with you supporting Em or Drew?"

"Erin, after they left, I saw just how much of a jerk that I was when I learned about Gaby. Learning that Drew was tricked gave me a new outlook on Em. Now I see that Rhod is very brave and courageous to become Em. If I didn't know that Em was Rhod, I'd swear that she is a real girl."

"That's good Dan, but Em and those like her feel that they are girls with a plumbing problem, not boys wearing dresses."

"How do you know that, Frank?"

"Because I know such a girl, even though she doesn't know that I know."

"Oh? do I know her?"

"Quite possibly, but she is in transition, and to reveal her secret would be to cause her and her family harm. Besides Dan, does it really matter?"

"Well, I was wondering if she is a student at Augusta, that's all."

"Dan, there are other such girls attending Augusta High School, but I am not at liberty to say who they are. As a teacher, it is my duty to help such girls."

"Miss Bell, I don't want to harm or hurt them, I just wonder how they can pass as a girl?"

"Tell you what Dan, I have an idea on how to show appreciation and support for trans gendered students. I plan to set up a cross dress day."

"Good luck, I doubt that the Board will sanction that."

"They will after I give the the history of what happened during the Exchange, that is, if you'll help out."

"But won't that mean outing Drew and Em?"

"Not if we don't use any names. I can provide documents that prove my case without naming names. I just need witnesses."

"Well, I'll be there! I wan to make amends to Drew and Em for being such a total jerk."

"What about your dad, will he cause trouble?"

"He might, if he were here, Frank."

"Oh? Then where is he?"

"He left me and mom for a job on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, Miss Erin," he sighed.

Diana hugged him, "You miss him. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my daddy not long ago."

Then Dan broke down and cried as Diana, then the others held him until he was all cried out. As his tears dried, he saw that the diner was full, and became grateful that the table was secluded.

"Dan, if you need to talk, my door is always open. And you can call me Jessica."

"Thanks Jessica, I'll do that. Mom won't talk about dad because she's afraid to admit that he's gone again, he sighed.

"Because he just recently returned from seeing another woman."

"Yes Jessica."

"Dan, want to join Team Grottoes?"

"I'd like that! I may not be as good as Drew or Gaby, but I'll give it my best Erin."

"Then come by my place, I'll get you outfitted with a proper racing bike."

"Thanks Diana."

Jack placed a meaty hand on his shoulder, "Kid, glad to see you unlearning that bigotry. maybe now that you're flying right, Jess will see about lifting your probation."

"No, I did the crime, I need to do the time. I'm taking a course in accepting others. I did not know how much of a total jerk I was, until I started taking the course."

"Jess, couldn't you make Dan's attending the course a part of the probation?"

It is, Diane, and he also goes to a meeting of the Gay, Straight, Alliance. There he is learning about what the trans gendered go through."

"Sorry, I gotta go home now. Mom will get worried if I'm late."

"Dan, you get here on your bike?"

"Yeah Erin, Why do you ask?"

"Because I'm heading home now, and I can give you a lift home."

He smiled, "Sure, but won't your boyfriend object?"

"No, he won't. If he asks, I'll tell him the truth. Besides, you're a bit young for me, Dan," she giggled.

Dan blushed, You're not that much older, Diana."

Mr. Pilling arrived then, "Hello, may I ask what's so funny?"

"It's nothing Mister P, Dan is getting a ride from Diana," stated Jess.

He looked at his watch, "Dan, you're almost out past your curfew. You're lucky that that incident with Em didn't get you kicked off of the Track Team."

"I believe that we can relax Dan's curfew."

"Oh? And why is that, Jess?"

"Sir, I've come to realize that I'm totally wrong about Em. I want to make amends. Besides, there's a much bigger problem that needs your attention."

He looked puzzled, "Oh? what's so important that your curfew is suddenly a minor matter?"

"It concerns repercussions from the Student Exchange Program, Mr. P."

He sighed, "DAMN! This is just what I DON'T need! The Board of Education is looking into the program, Jack."

"And why are they concerned about the Program, now?"

"They think that there was some form of subterfuge, Erin."

"WHAT?"

"Somehow, they got wind of the fact that two students were over here that shouldn't have been, Diana."

"Sir?"

"Yes, Dan?"

"It was my dad that spilled the beans, sorry."

"Now, why did he do that, Dan?"

"Sir, my dad is a homophobe. He sees anybody like Em, or Drew as beneath contempt. THAT is why I said and did what I did. Believe me, I like Samantha. It's just that when she defended Em, I spouted off exactly my dad's feelings about other races."

"Dan has been in a few counseling sessions with others with issues about the trans-gendered. He has come along way since then. Why not adjust his curfew to where he can attend extra-curricular activities?"

"OK. I can see that he's not the same student that he was, Jess. But I want to know why Drew and Rhod were Gaby and Em while over here? Were either of them blackmailed?"

"Not Em. She wants to be a girl, so she decided to be Em for the entire trip."

"But what about Drew? Did he want to be Gaby, Erin?'

"No, he was tricked by the Walters girls."

"Why, Diane?"

"Because they never told their parents that Drew is a boy. They still think that Drew is a girl."

"Damn! Because of those girls, poor Drew had to be Gaby in order to avoid any problems for them, And Brit no doubt, kept on causing him mischief to!"

"Yes, Drew and Gaby actually traded places for a bit because of Brit."

"Well, Jess, Thanks for letting me know this. [sigh] Those girls could have caused that young man irrevocable harm."

"What are you going to do, Sir?"

"I'm going to make sure that those two girls pay for their stupidity! If I have my way, that is," he sighed.

Jack placed a meaty hand on his shoulder, "Paul, We all are behind you, all the way. Here, you have three of the seven members of the Board of Education. I am sure that the others will believe you too."

"I hope so, Jack."

"You remember that incident where Em was assaulted by those boys?"

"Yes, I do, Dan, why do you ask?"

"Well, she was VERY convincing. According to them, she is a girl."

"OK, but I don't understand that."

"She got her breast forms and gaffe from here."

"Oh, OK. So, she and her ex-husband are on the Board, that means that only Diane's cycling buddy is next."

"Mr. P, don't worry. he knows about Gaby. He won't let the girls get away with hurting his buddy Drew."

Then Diane got up, "Come on Dan, we need to get moving. You rode your bike?"

"Yes, I did. Did you ride yours?"

"No, I came in my minivan."

"OK Diane, it'll only take a minute to load it up. But I need to call Mom to see if she needs anything."

"Tell her that our special is our chicken soup with salad."

"OK, Jack."

Dan went aside to make his call. While he was away, everybody left, except for Diane.

"Hello, Martin residence."

"Hey, Mom, it's me, Dan."

"Dan, your late coming in. You're about to break your curfew."

"Mom, I'm at Jack's Diner with Diane Biggs. She's gonna give me a ride home."

"That's nice of her, make sure that you thank her."

"Already have, Jack wants to know if you want today's special."

"Is it Chicken soup?"

"Yes."

Tel him a large bowl, and cucumber ranch dressing for the salad, with one of his peanut butter fudge cookies, please."

"So Mom, your usual take out?" he grinned.

"Yep, and might as well get a cookie for you too."

"Thanks Mom, Love you."

"Love you too, bye." [click]

Dan pocketed his cellphone, and went over to Jack and Diane, "Where is everybody?"

"They went home, Sport."

"But what about punishing the Walters girls?"

"Dan, Jessica, and Paul must take it up at the next Board Meeting."

"OK. But I want to be there too, Diane, he sighed.

Jack hugged him, "You've grown up from the boy that you used to be. I'm sure that your mom would be proud of you."

Dan blushed, "Thanks Jack, I hope so. By the way,Mom want the special and two cookies to go."

Jack chuckled, One soup and salad with cucumber ranch dressing and two peanut butter fudge cookies coming up."

Then he went to the kitchen to get the order for Dan, leaving Dad and Diane alone at the table.

"Dan?"

"Why do you want to ride with the team?"

"Well, I saw how good that Drew is, and want to see if I can do as good."

"OK, but what about Track and Field? You're one of the best."

He blushed, "Thank you. Diane. I feel that I can do both."

"And this has absolutely nothing to do with Gaby?"

"NO WAY!! Gaby is Drew in a dress. Why would I fancy Gaby?"

"Because she is a very pretty girl."

"No, HE is a guy, NOT a girl."

"Well, OK. If Gaby was a real girl, would you date her?"

"Yes."

"But you now know that Gaby is Drew, and as such, see Gaby as a boy in a dress."

"Exactly."

"And you don't see yourself as gay."

"Correct, what are you getting at, Diane?"

"Simple,Gaby never tried to date any guys, and Em was really a girly girl."

"Oh! I see what you're saying!"

"OK, What am I saying?"

That I'm not gay for liking Gaby before I knew that she was Drew, and that being mean to Em was because of my fear of being seen as gay."

"Correct. I felt that it was time for you to see that truth about yourself."

"Thanks Diane, but why did you help me?"

"Because of a friend of mine. Back in Augusta Middle School, there was a married couple who's husband had transition into a woman."

"A married couple? I'd have thought that it'd be a student or a teacher."

"No, this couple actually helped Em out too," she giggled.

"Oh? How?"

"They gave her the breast forms, and gaffe that fooled those boys into believing that Em is a girl."

Dan smirked, "And why I got trounced by them too. But at least we know which of the boys is against Em and others like her."

"So, you're not mad about knowing the truth?"

"No, I do know that if I'd known this before, that I'd have be furious."

"OK, will you talk to those boys?"

"Already am."

"Really? That's good."

"We're in the same discussion group that talks about girls like Em, and Gaby."

Diana pulled up in front of Dan's house, "Well, we're here."

Dan got out, "Thanks Diana, for everything."

She smiled, "Anytime, Dan, anytime."

Then Diane pulled off, and Dan entered his house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Jessica and Erin had returned home, and were sending e-mails.

"Mister Woods, I am writing to inform you about possible actions taken against the Walters girls for their forcing Drew to be Gaby while he was over here. They did not tell their parents that Drew is a boy, letting them believe that Drew is a girl.

Drew, in order to keep the peace, decided to be Gaby for the entire trip. Even though Brittney did introduce him to Erin, she still made his life miserable by tricking him into wearing skirts or dresses, instead of letting him wear pants.

The only times that he felt at peace was when he was cycling, or with me. I could tell that the trip was causing the poor boy grief, but even after I offered to let him return home, he declined because he felt to do so would be to hurt the Sherwood Foresters.

I and others feel that the Walters girls need to be punished for their selfish prank. I know that Drew makes a cute girl, but he should choose when and if Gaby appears. Please let me know if you have any information on Brit that I can use, as she was the lead instigator in Drew's Gaby time.

Jessica Bell.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fran,

You know about Drew being Gaby while over here on the trip, and that Brit was the reason why. Recently, Jessica has gone on the warpath about Brit's choosing to trick Drew into being Gaby while he was here. Although she was the main instigator, her sister is also guilty. The excuse of not telling their parents is shallow at best, self serving at worst.

We could have found suitable accommodations for Drew if need be. As it was, he was tricked into wearing skirts , and dresses instead of being allowed to wears pants, which Drew preferred to wear.

We are seeking to have the Walters girls baned from any clubs, and extracurricular activities, as well as revoking all scholarships too. We hope that Drew's trip will be fondly remembered, and that he has not been adversely effected.

Please contact me about any information you have that can help us with punishing the Walters girls.

Erin.

With the sending of the e-mails, the Walters girls decline was set in motion as Drew's friends rallied to the cause.

From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-6 by Stanman63

Grottoes-6
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

"Daddy, why is Sandy crying?"

Daddy picked him up, "Son, we men must remember one thing about our women." ['Time to teach him to be a proper gentleman.']

"Oh? What's that, Daddy?" ['Is he gonna be mean to my sister, now? I hope not, cause I love her.']

John smiled warmly, "Women will cry over most anything."

Back home, the Jones family were outside the car. Sandy was on Cloud Nine, feeling secure knowing that her daddy was finally accepting her as his daughter. She knew that there was a reason for his original attitude, she hoped to find out the next day.

John turned off the engine, got out and opened Sandy's door, "Sandy, we're home. Want to spend the night with us?" ['Now I am beginning to regret my abolishing her to the apartment. It was my fear that caused it all.']

Sandy began to tear up, "Are you sure, [sob] Daddy? [sniff] I don't want to be a burden to you." [Will Daddy regress?']

Momma hugged her as she wept while John unlocked the house, "My Child, your Father loves you. I can tell that he wants to restore you in his Heart. He is going through a very big change in his Heart." ['John, I hope that you can truly accept Sandy. I know that I too have trouble doing so. Only our son has truly accepted Sandy has a girl.']

Kevin tugged on Sandy's skirt, "Aww! Sandy, please don't cry!" ['Now, she looks like a panda bear that I saw on in class, today.']

Sandy picked up her baby brother, "Why, [sniff,sniff] Kevin?" ['He is such a sweet child. I am glad that he's now my buddy.']

"Cause then you look like a panda bear, and I don't want China to come get'cha," he giggled.

Sandy and Mary giggled at Kevin's joke, "Where did you here about pandas? I thought that you'd say that I look like a raccoon." ['Kevin is way too smart for his age. Smarter than I was at his age.']

Kevin kissed and hugged Sandy and then scampered away after she let him go, "In class today, Momma, they are way cute. Too bad we can't have one at the zoo."

"Did your teacher show you pictures?"['Maybe it's time to get a puppy for Kevin.']

"Yeah, and also a movie. Only no popcorn, darn it," he pouted.

Mary smiled at him, Kevin, your not supposed to have popcorn at school."

"I betcha that Sandy lets the students eat popcorn when there's a movie."

Sandy laughed so hard, that she began to cry, "Only at the theater, Kevin, and they pay for the tickets."

"Daddy, why is Sandy crying?"

Daddy picked him up, "Son, we men must remember one thing about our women." ['Time to teach him to be a proper gentleman.']

"Oh? What's that, Daddy?" ['Is he gonna be mean to my sister, now? I hope not, cause I love her.']

John smiled warmly, "Women will cry over most anything."

"Why, Daddy?"

"I don't know, son. All that I know is they do, and that when your mother cries, that I want to protect her." ['Nothing like those tears of Joy when Mary is happy, those are way too few and far between.']

"What about Sandy?"

"Her too, Sport. But with her, it's different than with your mother."

"Why is that, Daddy?"

"I married your mother. Sandy, I know will find someone to marry. That's the difference."

"Kevin, we girls cry, knowing that a gentleman, like your dad will do what he can for us. But at times, its because we are happy."

"But, Momma, ain'tcha supposed to giggle when you're happy?"

"That's one of the mysteries of being a girl, bro."

"Oh," he sighed.

"Kevin, it's not for us men to know why, just accept."

Kevin brightened, "You mean that you don't either?"

"No, I don't. I think that maybe Sandy would, though," ['Will she think ill of me, now?']

Sandy visibly deflated, "Daddy, I thought that you accepted me as your daughter! How could you think that I am a boy?!" ['He has started seeing me as a boy, again. When will he start verbally attacking me?']

John hugged his daughter, "Please don't think that, Pumpkin! I DO accept you. But I also know that you were born as my son. Now, you are my daughter." {'That remark hurt her. I need to reaffirm my Love for her.']

"Sandy, your father was not reverting. he was simply thinking that you have the unique ability to know both ways of thinking." ['I can see the pain in his eyes. He is trying to be Sandy's Daddy. I will give him my support.']

"Sis? Do you know?"

Sandy smiled, "No, I am afraid not, Kevin. I am a girl inside, not a boy, even if I was born a boy."

Kevin ran over and hugged Sandy, "That's OK, Sis. I love you anyway! Em taught me that you are a girl."

Sandy passed him back to her father who was locking up, "Thanks, Little Brother," she sighed. ['My British Sister keeps on helping me, even when she's not here.']

John placed a timid hand on her shoulder, "Sandy, are you mad at me?"

"No, Daddy. I now know that you were just trying to help Kevin. Do you now know who I am, inside?"

"Yes, you are my daughter. Even if born in a boy's body, you are a girl in your Heart," he smiled. ['Thanks to Em, I can now accept my daughter.']

"Thanks, Daddy. But now shouldn't you get back to telling Kevin how to treat us girls?" she smirked. ['Time to teach Daddy about what we Princesses are all about. Knowing him, he will love. spoiling me.']

John chuckled, "You are so right, Sandy. Kevin, it is our duty to be there for them when they need us."

"You mean like a Knight?"

"Yes, like a Knight. And our women need to be protected, too."

"Frank, you're not saying that Sandy and I should stay in the kitchen, are you?" ['Is he going to start in on me being a proper housewife, like his mother?']

"No, Mary, not at all. Just when you're fixing dinner," he smirked.

Mary chased after him after Kevin squealed in delight as his father put him down, "Why You! Dinner Indeed!" she laughed as they scampered up to their bedroom.

"Are they mad at each other?"

Sandy picked up Kevin and smiled, "No, Brother mine, they aren't" ['Nice to see them finally acting like they did before I became a girl.']

"Then why are they acting like that?"

Sandy turned out the kitchen lights, "They are playing a game."

"Can we play it too?"

"Sorry, Sport. But their game is only for them to play." ['If Mom gets pregnant, I might just have a little sister.']

"But I wanna play, too!"

"Kevin, it's time for bed. We can play a game after you get ready for bed."

He kissed her, "OK, Sandy. I love my Sister!"

He ran up to his room, leaving a crying Sandy behind, "I love you too, Little Brother!" ['Thanks Em, for healing my family. If not for you, we would still be apart.']

 
*          *          *

Up in their bedroom, the Joneses were in bed, cuddling after a romp through the house.

"Mary?" ['She is so beautiful, still as beautiful as the day that I married her. I am a very lucky man. She could have divorced me for my attitude about Sandy, but she toughed it out. And now, we are closer than ever.']

"Yes, John?"

"We have two wonderful children, don't we?"

"Indeed we do, John. I am glad that you're finally accepting Sandy as your daughter. She needs her Daddy's Love as much as Kevin does." ['He has come so far in such a short time.']

He sighs, "I know, But at first, I was afraid for Sandy, still am, in fact."

"But why? John, is there another girl like her that you know about?"

"Yes, my cousin Maxie." ['It's been years since I've really thought about her.']

"I've never met her."

"That's because she committed suicide."

"WHAT!"

"It's true, and I was her Best Friend. But I could do nothing for her," he wept. ['Em was much better to Sandy than I was to Maxie. I am ashamed that I was so mean to my daughter.']

Sandy knocked on the door, "May I come in? Kevin is asleep."

"Come in, Sandy."

"Why is Daddy crying, Momma?"

He hugged Sandy, "Sit by me, Princess. There's a story that I need to tell you."

"OK, Good thing that Kevin is asleep."

"Sandy, did you know that you had a cousin like you."

She did a double take, "Like me? You mean?"

"Yes, Pumpkin, a girl born in a boy's body."

"What happened to her?"

"Maxie was born as Maxwell, but when she was your age, she had to wear a dress to school, that made her want to be a girl," he sighed.

"But why?"

"She had been accused of stealing the girl's panties while they were in the gym."

"Oh! You're saying she received petticoat punishment."

"Yes. How do you know about that? You were never treated that way!"

"Daddy, I read about it on the internet, there's a series of stories where a lady runs a private school where she teaches young boys to curb their bad boy ways by making them dress as girls."

"Does she make them become girls?"

"No, after they have learned to behave, the boys are sent out into the world as themselves, but now are able to control their temper."

"She sounds like quite a character."

"Oh, she is. She is very much like you are." ['Will Daddy see the humor?']

"Very funny. I don't wear dresses," he smirked. ['Lord! It's been too long since Sandy joked with me. I missed it, too.']

"No, Silly! I mean that she loves her students, and does what she can for them. She protects them, even though the boys think that they'll be outed if they break character, and act like boys."

"And I am like her?"

"Yes, Daddy."

Mary looked at John and smiled, "Sandy, how is your Father like this Lady?" ['John is quite the tiger when it comes to defending his family.']

"Momma, Daddy does what he can to protect me and Kevin from harm, and we moved here to Grottoes from our family to protect me from being hurt by my family."

John hugged his daughter, "You're right Princess, I was deathly afraid that those who hurt your cousin Maxie would hurt you."

"And my cousin Maxie was hurt because she had to wear a dress to school?"

"No, she was hurt because she kept on wearing the dresses after the punishment ended," he sighed.

"Who hurt him? Did you?"

John Jones began to cry and Mary held him, "No, [choke] Sandy. [sniff] Not me. [sob] We were the Best of Friends, [sob] Just like you and Em are! [choke]."

Sandy placed her hand on his knee, "Sorry, Daddy. I had to ask," she sighed.

John smiled at her, "That's OK, Princess. I've been such a bear about you being a girl, that I deserved that. But Sandy?"

"Yes Daddy?"

"I was proud of you for coming out to us, but it was what happened to your cousin Maxie that made me fear for you."

"Oh! You said that somebody hurt her because she kept on wearing dresses, who were they?"

"Your Great Uncle, Pastor Fred Sevrin."

"THAT CREEP! HE'S ALWAYS BASHING OTHERS FOR NOT CONFORMING TO HIS VIEW! THAT'S WHY I CHANGE THE CHANNEL WHEN HE DOES A SPECIAL!"

"Yes, Princess. When Maxie wore a dress to Church, he ripped it off of her, and called her names. I had to take her home."

"Daddy, you were there for her."

"No, I wasn't. She cut her wrists, and bled to death, that day."

Sandy gasped, "Oh my!"

"Is that why you never attended his Church?"

"Yes, Mary. The only reason we went that day was that the school was the graduation ceremony there."

"And you believe that creep would do the same thing to me?"

"Yes, if he knew about you, that is."

"Sandy, that's why we never have any of your dad's family or friends over."

Sandy began to tear up, "I never knew the price that you paid was so hi!"

Her daddy hugs her, "It was well worth it to me. They can't accept a girl like you, so I am better off without them."

"OK, Daddy, but may I ask you a question?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Since I look like Momma, have you ever thought that I was Momma?"

John laughed, "Yes, I have. And only your calling me 'Daddy' let me know that it was you."

"You mean that?"

"Yes. And any young man who steals your Heart, will be a most lucky young man."

Sandy blushed, "Daddy. I've wanted for you to say that to me ever since I became a girl. But I hate it that you abandoned your family for me," she sighed.

"You are worth it! In fact, so was Maxie!"

"You mean that no one else loved her? Not even her parents?"

"No, Sandy, her parents hated her for wanting to be a girl. I was the first one that she told."

"I can't believe that they'd both do that, even if it's done in those stories that I read."

"You mean at Big Closet/Top Shelf?"

"Daddy?"

"As a part of my learning about girls like you, I had to read a few of the stories."

"You keep on surprising me, Daddy."

He smiled, Sandy, I keep surprising my self too."

Then, I saw Maxie as Daddy saw her, "Daddy, did you love her like you do Momma?"

"No, Sandy. We were best friends. THAT'S why she told me. I counseled her not to tell anybody else, but her parents overheard us."

"What did they do?"

"His father beat her for being a sissy, and her mother destroyed all her clothing."

"THAT'S TERRIBLE!"

"John, is that why you have that scar on your chest?"

"Yes, Mary. I stood in between Maxie and her parents. They hit me on the chest with a bat that caused a rib to break my skin. Luckily, my parents arrived, and took me and her home."

Momma hugged Daddy, "You were a hero, then, That's what made me fall in love with you."

Daddy kissed Momma, "And here I thought that it was because I had the coolest rod."

"No, that made me look at you, but your helping other kids, especially those considered to be nerds showed me your heart of gold."

"I was simply doing as my dad taught me."

"Did he practice what he preached?"

"Everyday! Dad was the Head Coach @ Hudson High School. He believed that anybody who wanted to play, should. Back then, the schools were segregated."

"Daddy?"

"Yes, Princess?"

"Did your parents help you and Auntie Maxie?"

"Yes, after they arrived, they took us home, but she died that night."

"Did her parents pay for what they did?"

"Yes, unfortunately for them, a Sheriff saw them assaulting us. Thanks to her, there was sufficient evidence to convict them of child abuse."

"John, it's too bad that your parents are no longer around. I think that they would enjoy getting to know your daughter."

"Well, they are out in New Mexico, we can invite them here for a vacation."

"Daddy, I am scared to meet them."

"Sandy, they will love you. Please don't be afraid."

"Daddy, I'm afraid that they'll be like the rest of your family."

"Sandy, never worry about that. my parents taught me to accept others."

"Then why are the in New Mexico?"

"Because my mother's family comes from there. You have Indian blood in you."

"I do?"

Yes, So, your an Indian Squaw, too," John chuckled.

Sandy looked at him in disbelief, "Really, Daddy?"

"Really."

"Because I am a natural blond, no hint of dark hair, at all."

Mary playfully slapped him on the arm, "John, behave yourself. You know good and well that your mother was adopted by the Tribe's Medicine Man," Mary giggled.

"Well, if I am related to an Indian Medicine Man, I guess that it's time to meet them. But why wait till now?"

"Sandy, they retired at the same time that we left. They've been wanting to meet their granddaughter, but I've denied them that right. I have their E-Mail address, want to send them a letter?"

"You, betcha!"

John wrote it down on a nearby notepad and passed it to Sandy, "Here you go, Princess. Have fun."

Sandy kissed her parents, "Thanks, Daddy."

Then she scampered out of the bedroom, "John, why do you keep calling her Princess?"

He sighed heavily, "To remind me that Sandy is our daughter. Even now, I can feel the old me wanting to return."

"Then let's reward the new you, my Prince," with that, they snuggled down and experienced the satisfaction that only those who are truly in love share when they give themselves to each other.


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-7 by Stanman63

Grottoes-7
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html
Jack sat down and sent an E-Mail to Miss Colinshaw.

Fran: I find it hard to believe that that pretty girl, Gaby is really Drew Bond. But after checking the facts out on the internet, I must admit that they are the same person. All the time that the Warsop Exchange Group was here, all that I saw was Gaby, a very sweet English Rose.

Learning about Drew's coercion into being Gaby by the Walters' girls has my blood, 'just a boiling' over their irresponsibility. By not allowing him any time to really be himself, they may very well cause him permanent psychological damage.

This is not the first time that those two have caused mischief to others, but this is by far the worst. When my best waitress, Sandy first applied for a job here, I was reluctant. Here was a student wanting to be a waitress, after school and weekends. She had transportation to and from school, but no reliable way to get here.

Well, she proved to be very reliable, and clever to boot. She started riding her bike just to prove her sincerity to me. After that, I sold her my trusty V.W. Beetle that was gathering dust. Her dad, John took it to the Augusta High School Auto Shop, where they gave it a very thorough tune up. by the time that the students were through with it, Sandy had a very reliable car.

After that, I had to hire that girl, or have my customers decide to boycott me in retaliation, she had made friends with my entire customer base. But what really set her apart as my top waitress, was when she easily dealt with the Walters' girls stiffing her for a bill for a cheerleader dinner party.

When Sandy found out, she went straight to their mother, Mary Jones and gave her the bill. Mary made the entire cheerleader team serve as waitresses at my diner until they were able to work off the bill for the entire team and their guests. Poor Brittney never thought that Sandy was going to Augusta, nor did she believe that Mary is Sandy's mother.

Oh, I know about Sandy's secret,but she doesn't know that I know. Jessica Bell, her counselor talked to me when I saw her transcript. Jessica was worried that I'd hurt Sandy, and with good reason too. Girls like Sandy are mistreated by those that do not understand about Special Girls like Sandy, but I do.

There is a couple living here in Grottoes whose husband transitioned into a beautiful woman. They are now divorced, but still love each other. The Special Woman is now a model, and her ex-wife owns a dance shop. Ellen Burke helped her husband, Bob to transition into Valerie. Bob was one of my friends from school, and when he went to the Halloween party the first time, he told me his secret.

We were going to Augusta Middle School, then, we were both eight. I was floored when he told me that he liked being a girl, I thought that he was a great football player, myself. But, that night, I saw Bobbi, not Bob, and I knew then that as Bobbi, my friend would be a very pretty girl. When I told her that she was a pretty girl, she smiled and cried.

From then on, I made sure that my friend was protected from harm as best I could. He would become Bobbi on the weekends when he could. Other than that, he stayed as Bob, except for Halloween, and in the plays.

His high school sweetheart was Ellen Reynolds. She was on the Grottoes Dance Team and Homecoming Queen, too. She looked very cute in her sailor style dance uniform, and Bob handsome in his football uniform. We thought that they would marry and have kids, we were half right.

Ellen is doing a thesis on special girls like Sandy, and Em for her psychology class. She let them both have appliances to help them look like girls. I am glad that she did, because now they don't need to worry about being found out.

As for the Walters' girls, they have kept the fact that Drew is a boy from them, all this time. When they learn about this little deception, I am sure that they will ground the girls for life!

Jack
====================

He got up to lock up, and check to see if his son was home, yet. Jack Junior, [J.J.] had just returned from his internship in California, where he earned his doctorate in physics. He would be teaching science at Augusta High School, starting in the new year. Until then, J.J. would be helping his dad in the diner.

He was sitting in the kitchen, wearing a red pocket t-shirt with matching sweats, pouring a cup of steaming brown liquid into a cup, "Hey, Dad. Want some cocoa?"

Jack at with a grin by his only son, "Sure, J.J. Got any marshmallows?"

"You betcha, Pops," he grinned as he plopped a few of the fluffy white puffs of sugar into two cups. ['Dad loves telling me about Pop's Diner, where he learned his trade.']

"Pops? Since when am I 'Pops' to you?" Jack smirked.

"Ever since I read those comics that you gave me to read when I went to college. I just think that it sounds better than 'Dad.'"

Jack accepted the cup from his son, and sat down, "OK, Sport. I can accept that. Reminds me of the diner that I went to when I was growing up," he mused. ['At least he's not going on about wanting to open his own diner.']

"Oh? Was that before or after the Flood?" J.J. deadpanned.

"Very funny, Einstein," Jack chortled.

"Thanks. Please, tell me about that diner."

"It was Pop's Diner, run by Mike 'Pop's' Royer. He was a World War 2 Army cook who set up this diner when he finished his stint in the Army. When he retired, I bought it from him and renamed it," he sighed. ['To bad that he didn't go after his G.I. benefits in time.']

"But why rename it? Surely, he had many customers."

"I couldn't, not with the debt that he'd run up."

"Oh, I see. When you took over, by renaming the diner, there was no way that creditors could do a thing to make you pay."

"Exactly! That also gave him a chance to repay his loan, too. By closing the diner, then opening up under new management, the bank couldn't come after me, especially since I used another."

"But why did he owe so much?"

"Medical bills, his wife, Mary Jo caught polio, and since she was not a veteran, was not eligible for V.A. benefits."

"Dad, I know a few lawyers who can help him get the benefits."

"Unfortunately, he died a few years ago."

"Does he have any children?"

"Yes, he does. Fran Colinshaw, why?"

"Because she can get reimbursed for any outstanding debts that she is paying off because of her dad."

"OK, I'll let her know, J.J. But there's something else that I need to talk about, too."

"What about, Dad?"

"Well, you heard about the Student Exchange Program with Warsop College over in Great Britain?"

"Yeah, so?"

"You also know about the Walters' girls."

"Yeah, a pair of pranksters that keep getting into trouble."

"They were a part of the Program."

"What did they do? Get Dan in trouble?"

"No, but his trouble is related, though," he sighed.

"In what way?"

"Dan went atomic because the boy that he was paired with dresses as a girl."

"And Dan's attitude reflects hid Dad's, right?"

"Pretty much, well, anyway. that boy was over here as a girl."

"What? Which girl?"

"Em."

"Oh. No wonder she was placed with Sandy."

"Yes, I am glad that you don't hate her, son."

"Dad, How can I ever hate her? Especially when I want to date her. But With her dad being such a bigot, I dare not try anything."

"Then I have good news for you, my boy," he grinned.

"Oh? Did Mister Jones get called to go overseas?"

"No, as far as I know, John Jones is not in the military."

"Too bad, a tour over there might do him some good."

"Junior! That's down right mean! John Jones deserves better than that from you."

"Gee. Sorry, Dad! I never knew that you felt so strongly about defending him."

Jack looked his son in the eye, and smiled, "You don't know what happened, do you?" ['Even I find it hard to believe. I hope that Sandy finally has the Daddy that she needs.']

"No, I don't. What happened?"

"John actually started being nice to Sandy."

J.J. gawped like a fish, then smiled, "When, Dad" ['Has he finally accepted Sandy as his daughter?']

"Tonight."

He shook his head in wonder, "Man, oh mam. I never thought that he'd change," he guffawed.

Jack refilled their empty cups, "Son, John has been afraid for Sandy. And with very good reason. You know how people feel about special girls like Em, and Sandy, all thanks to that college associated with that religious TV program." ['To think, I used to watch that show, NOW, I watch, and listen to other programs that don't preach against Sandy.']

"I know what you're talking about Dad. I seriously doubt if they would support a trans-gendered member at all."

"J.J. I have stopped sending donations to them for that reason, after finding out about Sandy, and do you want to know what their response was?" ['Glad to see that my son has no hang ups about Sandy. He's more mature than a lot of adults.']

"What, Dad?"

"They said that I was listening to a lie and to return to the Truth."

"What did you say in return?"

"That when I had to start hating a friend for being different, then the Church needs to change, NOT God."

He spluttered in his cup as he laughed, "Good for you, Dad! I've believed that ever since I met Sandy."

"I am glad to hear that, Son. But when are you going to start dating Sandy?" ['They'll make a cute couple, and can always adopt.']

J.J. laughed as he held up his hands in surrender, "OK, OK, Dad. You've made your point. I'll ask her next time that I see her, OK?"

"Good, but there's still the reason that I'm mad." ['Will he agree with me? Or will he think that I am being overprotective? After all, I have no daughters, and tend to treat the girls that frequent the diner as my adopted daughters.']

"Uh, oh. When you get mad, it's time to call the news. Because you seldom get mad."

"I'm that predictable? Oh well, I guess that means that you know when I get mad, to listen."

"Yeah, Dad. Now why are you mad?"

"The Walters' girls and their prank against Drew Bond."

"Drew? But Gaby came over. Or am I mistaken?"

"Thus, the prank."

"Let me guess, Brit and her sister while over in Warsop, got Drew to wear skirts, and dresses. And said that they thought that he was a girl, even though they know different." ['Those two have a knack for getting into trouble, simply by going too far with their pranks.']

"Exactly!"

"And they neglected to tell their parents, because they wanted to keep up the prank at poor Drew's expense. Even though they know that their parents would make arrangements for Drew, if they knew." ['I know that they might be a bit jaded because of the girl's pranks, but they are good people. When they learn what their girls did, NOTING will keep them from grounded them for life.']

"Now you know why I am mad at them."

"OK, Dad. You go to whatever meeting that you need to. I'll keep the diner open for you."

Jack smiled, "Thanks, Son. That'll help me out."

"I mean, after all, it'll give me a chance to work with Sandy," smirked J.J.

"OK, Romeo, just don't get silly."

"I won't Dad. I'll take it easy with her."

Then the two men placed their dirty crocks in the dishwasher, and went to bed.

=================================================

Then Jack went to bed. When he woke up the next morning, he saw that he had a message waiting. So, he tended to his morning ablutions, and went to the kitchen where his son, J.J. was preparing breakfast of flap jacks and sausage, Jack's favorite.

"Well, Son. If you keep on spoiling me with this breakfast, I just may retire," he smirked as he poured them both a cup of coffee.

"Sure Dad, Like you'd ever retire. You enjoy cooking way too much." ['He'll love the new recipes that I brought back from California.']

J.J. placed the platter of flapjacks and plate of sausage on the table while Jack poured them both another cup of coffee.

"True, true. But that doesn't mean that you can't spoil your old dad every now and then," Jack chuckled.

J.J. sat down to his meal, "I know, Dad. After last night, I figured that you deserved a bit of spoiling." ['He only let Mom spoil him, before. Now, looks as if he's letting me.']

Jack sat down to his, "OK, Sport. I just wish that you enjoyed cooking as much as I do."

"Oh, I do, Dad."

Jack cut into his flapjacks, and took a bite, "Then why did you become a Physicist?" ['Perfect! He learned a few tricks in California.']

"Dad, I've always had a love of science, and my degree will let me work at the nuclear reactor, one day."

"Just like your mother. She loved science too. Too bad that she never developed a talent for cooking," he sighed. ['And J.J. looks just like her in the face.']

"Dad, I miss Mom too. The only reason that I went away, was that we both needed space after she died of lung cancer." ['Seeing her dead nearly made me runaway.']

Jack hugged his son, "Sorry about that, Sport. But when Ellen died, a large part of my life did too."

"I could have stayed. There are local schools that teach Nuclear Physics."

"And have us both be miserable? No, Son. You'd been wanting to go to California because you wanted to travel. No, we both needed time to heal. When Sandy showed up, looking like a younger version of your mother, I knew that I was ready."

"How was that?"

"I did not start crying when I saw her."

"Dad, when I saw her last year, I knew then that I wanted to get to know her better."

"Even knowing her secret?"

"Yes, Dad. Do you approve?"

"Totally."

Then they sat down to finish breakfast and went to Jack's study, where he logged onto the internet. It was then, that they saw the reply to Jack's letter

''''''''''

Jack: I know about Sandy, Em, and Drew. As a teacher, and Guidance Counselor, it is my job to know about the students. Don't worry, I will not let Sandy know that you know about her secret, but I am sure that she guesses that you do, though. She is a pretty smart young lady, She has to be in order to keep up her grades and work for you too.

I was with the students when they visited Warsop, last year, and the Walters' girls played the same kind of trick on Drew while they were over here. Those vixens tricked poor Drew into wearing dresses, or skirts while they were here, thanks to his predilection for having accidents. If he would have taken his own clothes, he'd not have been Gaby near as much.

Drew later found out that they knew that he was a boy, all along. If only Drew had really gotten mad at them, those girls might have told the truth to their parents. I know that they would have made arrangements for Drew. The Walters' girls excuse has absolutely no merit, and they know it too!

The only reason for them to lie as they did is because they wanted to continue to torment poor drew, especially Brittney! She would never loan Drew any pants, or jeans, only dresses, and skirts, short ones at that! Even though Brit did introduce Drew to Erin, and through her, Diana Biggs, and the other local cyclists, it does not make up for all of the shit that she put him through.

What was not made public was the fact that Drew's mother, Jenny Bond was to go through surgery to remove cancer. She had been diagnosed while she was riding, and returned home, a beaten woman. It was only after she saw her family that she decided to fight the cancer. She made her children come here because she was afraid that the cancer would win. Luckily, she pulled through.

The Walters knew about this, yet Brit went ahead and kept on tormenting poor Drew, one time, nearly causing him, and his cousin, Maddy Peters, harm. As you know, there was a ski trip organized, but what you don't know about is Drew's competitive nature. Brit challenged him to take the longer route back to your diner, knowing that he'd accept.

He and Maddy followed the trail, and because they are unaccustomed to skiing, soon fell behind. Even though they made it back safely, they could have frozen to death. As it was, the girls got a thorough chewing out by their parents for their stupidity, If the girls would only think about the consequences of their actions, they wouldn't be getting into near as much trouble.

Fran

---------------------

"I see that those girls have a lot of people mad at them," observed J.J.

"More than a few, Mark Pilling and Fran, both will do what they can from their end."

"What can they do?"

"Talk to Mister Woods, the School's Headmaster, and the students, and parents involved."

"Dad, at the most, it'll be moral support."

"Maybe, but at least they'll know that we don't approve of such things. "

"You're thinking about how the locals in Warsop will see us, here. Right?"

"Well, I'd like to think that a few of them liked my cooking."

"Is that all? I thought that your main concern was Drew?"

"Who do you think was my best customer among them?" Jack laughed.

"OK, Dad. You opening up?"

"I need to go stock up at the warehouse, and Farmer's Market."

"Then, let me go stock up. I've got the keys to the U-Haul that I drove from California."

"OK, Son. You get the supplies, while I open up. No doubt, Billie will be there for the morning crowd."

The men closed and locked the doors and went their separate ways. J.J headed for the warehouse district where the railroad diverged into the warehouses, and manufacturing plants along the riverfront where barges floated along with their varied cargoes and ferries brought cars across the river. It was at the River Side Market that he brought the U-Haul to a stop.

"Well, Jackie, what are you doing back here? I thot that you were stuck over in Californy," chuckled a grizzled old man looking like Jed Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies.

"JayCee, puhleeze stop with that hillbilly routine. You may look like him, but you ain't Jed," J.J. snorted.

"Maybe to you, 'Jethro', but the customers eat it up. And whatever keeps them coming is worth the effort."

"Then since I am your nephew, do I get a discount?" laughed J.J.

He hugged J.J. to him, "You bet, my boy. I've missed you something fierce, J.J. You may be as big as that giant hillbilly, But you're way smarter than he is. Have you found your Miss Jane, yet," he grinned. ['Like his dad, Jack, Junior has had a hard time getting over his mother's death.']

"No, not Miss Jane, more like cousin Ellie May."

"You mean that your about to date a cousin?"

"No, Silly. I mean that she looks like Ellie May."

"She must be a knock out, then."

"Oh, she is! And just as sweet as Ellie May, too," J.J. sighed.

"Well, it looks as if you, at east like her. Do you know if she likes you back?"

He sighed, "She doesn't even know that I exist."

"Then come in, and rest while I get your order. You have a list?"

He handed over a notebook, "Here's Dad's listing of what he needs. If you would, please call the Meat Market and have that order ready for me. I have a bin, ready for that order."

"Sure thing, cuz."

J.J. went inside, and laid down to think about Sandy, and how to win her Heart. while his cousin gathered his order. After two hours, the order was filled. Then, he trucked over to the Meat Market a block over and loaded up there. When he got out, he was met by a large, black, bald mad wearing a white coverall, and apron who waited until J.J. got out, "The back is unlocked."

"Hey, J.J. Are you back with your Dad?"

"Yep, Rockie. Glad to be back, too. MAN! I've missed Grottoes."

Rockie grabbed J.J. by the arm and pumped his arm. "You are missed at the Volunteer Fire House, Sticks."

"Yeah, I guess that the guys miss my grilling of those chicken legs," J.J. chuckled.

Rockie led him to the office, "That, and you are one heck of a driver. You still certified?"

"Yeah, in California, I had to get a license to drive an ambulance that is also my C.P.R. Certificate. Guess that I'll need to talk to Captain Reynolds about my Grottoes license. By the way, who's loading the truck?"

"Got some temps doing it. And as for your permit, Captain Reynolds won't accept anything from out of state."

"Why temps? And I thought that Andy would accept my California license. I guess that he changed his mind," he sighed.

"Had to. Thanks to Diana Biggs, our guys are now in college, learning about mechanical engineering. And thanks to the Government Incentive Program, we are hiring those that were made homeless by that hurricane that hit New Orleans."

"Then can we expect some Cajun cooking at the Firehouse?"

"Yep! There's a fella that makes some bodacious chili. Almost as good as yours."

"We'll see about that, Do you know where the Captain is?"

"Yes, I do. Why?"

"After I deliver this to Dad, I need to see him about rejoining the team."

"Oh, I'd say that you're pretty well guaranteed to be accepted. All that you got to do is get your uniform."

"But, Captain Reynolds disqualified my California permit. At least, that's what you said."

"Yes, I did."

"Than, does he accept me or not?"

"I don't know, he isn't Captain, anymore." he smirked.

"Why didn't you say so?"

"You never asked."

J.J. slapped his hand on his forehead, and slowly wiped down, then sighed, "You did it on purpose, Rockie. Good joke."

"Thanks, Sticks. been wanting to do it ever since I saw you pull up."

"OK, But whose the Captain then?"

"I am, since Reynolds retired."

J.J. smiled, "You've earned it too, Rockie. Whose your Lieutenant?"

"You are, if you accept."

"Why me? And do I qualify?"

"Oh, you qualify with your California experience. And I want you as my Lieutenant, because I know that I can trust you."

"What about the the volunteers?"

"None of the others have the time with them being married."

J.J. saw the truck's doors being closed, "Well, I'm loaded. Does Dad pay by check, money, or card, now?"

"Don't worry, we settle the bill at the end of the month, just sign off on the ticket." Rockie said as he handed him a sheet of paper.

J.J. signed the ticket, " OK Rockie, I'll be by the Fire House this week."

J.J. got into the U-Haul, and headed back to the diner, taking the truck route to avoid the residential district, because it was time for students to be heading for school. On the way, he saw that Erin was about to lead the club on a training run. He stopped when she waved to him, "Welcome home J.J. When did you get back?"

"This week. I saw that Atlanta Race. Where did you get that Gaby from?"

"Gaby came from England, she was one of the exchange students."

"Don't you mean Drew, Erin?"

"Your father told you, didn't he?"

"Yes, when and where will the Parents Teachers Organization meet to discuss the issue over the Walters' girls deception? We are organizing everybody, now. Can we meet in the diner?"

J.J. started the engine, "Just call, I am sure that Dad will accept, but we need to check the schedule."



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-8 by Stanman63

Grottoes-8
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html
Sandy went to her computer and checked for any messages. She found three; one from Fran, one from Aly, and one from her British sister Em. Noting that they had come the day before, Sandy decided to send them all a message. Opening up Fran's she was surprised at the content, and decided that she'd respond that night.

======================

Sandy, I am writing to you about the recent visit to your city by a student here. As you know, Em had a conflict with Dan Martin while he was over here. And that he is the cause of her being assaulted by three students from Grottoes. I am glad to report that her nightmares have nearly stopped. She is currently living with her dad in Wales. He does not know about her secret, and she hopes to transition when she graduates.

But the bad news is that the Walters' girls are now ineligible for any future sponsored trips. They have caused Gaby trouble during her trip here, and now that the trip is over, will be disciplined for what they did, Tricking Gaby to take the long way when on the return leg of the ski trip could have caused Gaby, and Maddy to freeze. And Brit continued to plague Gaby with pranks during her stay here.

Because you are friends with Em, I thought that you should know the truth about Gaby, since you will be voting on the punishment on the Walter's girls. Gaby is actually a boy named Drew. He has the unfortunate ability to look like a girl, and the fact that he's the spitting image of his cousin Maddy, doesn't help much. Drew has the tendency to have accidents while riding that necessitates his wearing a skirt.

When they were here, Drew got banged up, and had to wear a skirt. To make things worse, Brit kept on finding ways to turn him into Gaby. Drew is a very kind and gentle soul. Even after he learned about their deception, he forgave them. They kept on saying that he was really a girl, pretending to be a boy. And they never told their parents the truth. Now that Drew is back in Warsop, We are finding that there are those over there that want to make sure that those girls pay for their prank.

I know that your friendship with Em, and your secret will give you insight into the situation. Don't worry, your secret is safe. The only reason that I know is that Jessica Bell told me when you became Em's sponsor. Please, talk with Jessica about this, and do what you believe to be right. All of the students here, think that you are very nice, and enjoyed the slumber party..

Fran.

*****************************************

After reading the letter, Sandy wept as she pondered the new information. She knew how Drew felt, in many ways. Growing up, she had only been able to be herself on Halloween, or at costume parties. When she wasn't dressed as a girl, she was a superhero, so that she could wear tights, or Peter Pan, or Robin Hood. It was only with the advent of her oncoming puberty that she finally told hr parents. Ever since her voice began to break, did she feel the need to be a girl. Thanks to blockers, and hormones, she'd developed as a girl. Only her groin betrayed her birth defect, and that was due to be sorted when she turned eighteen.

When she first came out to her family, her Dad had gone atomic on her. She was afraid that he would hit her, but he didn't. Instead, he beat on a pillow until he calmed down. Then he told her that no matter what, that he'd never betray her, and never hit her. If she wanted to be a girl, then she could, but she'd have to earn the money herself. Her mother decided to help her by giving her the old dresses left from when she was younger. Sandy might be wearing out of date clothing, but she'd be a girl, all the same. But it was when they saw the doctor that her parents finally accepted her.

They went to the Free Clinic where she was evaluated and certified as a transsexual. Her dad fought it at first, but when he heard that to deny her the choice to transition there was the possibility she'd commit suicide, he reluctantly accepted the facts. What she was not thinking about was what her family would suffer when she became a girl. For her Senior year in Central Junior High School, she still dressed as a boy while she took hormones and blockers so that she would go through a girl's puberty. She was lucky, in that the shots and pills convinced her body to produce her very own hormones. And that year, she had her gonads removed to prevent cancer.

After graduation, her father was able to transfer to Grottoes, and her mother got a job as a counselor at Augusta High School, thus easing Sandy's placement within the system. Her mother was able to transfer Sandy's records and change her gender on the records so that Sandy's secret remained hidden. Only Jessica Bell, and the Principal knew the truth, and kept the secret because of the psychiatric evaluation.

When they moved, it was because of her, she had developed too much to keep her breasts hidden. And John was afraid of what the family would do if they found out. Luckily, the family ostracized them for leaving. John had agreed to work in the area, and help family members. By accepting the transfer, he had broken the verbal agreement. But John was not worried, the family and he did not agree on many topics, so the move was for him, as much as it was for her.

Even though, she got a job at the diner, and was a teacher's helper, her dad treated her like trash. In treating her this way, he was showing his fear for her. It took both the influence of Em, and the group that he had been forced to attend in order to keep his job that broke through his defenses. He had become what he hated to protect her, and as such, developed a hatred of any girls like his daughter. When a customer proved to be like his daughter, it was too much for him. He lashed out at the customer, verbally, and she reported his abuse to his bosses.

In order for him to keep his job, he had to attend a group where he unlearned his hatred, and found the old John Jones. He was appalled at what his fear had made him do to his family. Now, he would not only be the father that Sandy needed, but also a firm supporter of all girls like Sandy. When he found out that Em was like Sandy, he actually laughed about it. He saw the humor in the fact that it took a girl just starting her transition to help him see Sandy as his daughter, and Princess. She had already worked her magic on Mary, and Kevin; Sandy's mother and brother, respectively.

Tonight, her daddy had finally accepted her. He'd taken the family out to dinner, and had even teased her about her pantyhose when she'd trounced the punks that had accosted them. They'd also met a pair of Police Officers who had seen and accepted Sandy as a girl. Meeting with that trans girl helped Sandy to appreciate her own family more. Kevin's innocent acceptance of her had bolstered her Spirit. Her mother's finally see her as her daughter, not her son in a dress had started a healing of her troubled Heart that was completed when her father did too.

But Drew was different from both her, and Em. Whereas, they wanted to be girls, Drew was a boy whose body's feminine shape made his being mistaken as a girl, a dream for them. The fact that Drew simply wanted to be Drew was not lost on Sandy. She wanted to be herself. If that poor boy had of confided in her, she would have helped him, and been an older sister for him, too. Well, Sandy knew what she'd have to do. Since she was the Teacher's Aide Representative on Augusta High School's Student Review Committee, she, along with her mother, Mary, had the responsibility to punish any student that crossed the line.

***********************************************

After her introspection, Sandy knew what she must do, both for herself, and for Drew. There was an unofficial Sisterhood of Transwomen, and as a Sister, it was up to her to set things right. Her British/Welsh Sister, Em had given Sandy her Family back, simply by being a girl. Now, Sandy had the chance to return the favor by making sure that Brittney, and Debbie, both paid for what they did to Drew.

Fran,

I am disgusted at what Brittney and Debbie did to Drew. They are much worse than bigots! Bigots, at least let you know they are bigots, but the girls inflicted humiliation after humiliation on him, all in the name of fun. While it may have been 'fun' for them, it was torture for Drew! I know from personal experience about their pranks. They are extremely lucky that Mother did not suspend them for their activities, but now, they will pay the price

What they did as a 'joke' could have hurt Drew at any time. If he had been outed during any of their pranks, Drew could have been hurt, physically, and mentally. Add the fact that his being a sports star in cycling, and his mother the World Woman's Cycling Champion makes their cruelty even more vile. They never considered what their pranks could have cost Drew, his family, and friends.

All that it would have taken was for Dan Martin who knows Drew to see through the facade. With his animosity against Em/Rhod, he could easily have outed both Drew, and Em. And if the press had learned about Drew, his family, friends, and his school, all would have suffered from the sensationalism caused by the tabloids. It is a nightmare that all girls like me have to fear, until we at least look like a traditional female. Even then, there is the worry over being outed by those that know the truth.

I will most assuredly be there, along with Mother.

Sandy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sandy opened up the letter from Aly next. When she read it, she laughed over what Aly wrote. The laughter was her way of releasing the tension from the anger she got from the last letter. Sandy was not an angry person by nature, like her mother. But like her daddy, she had a mean streak when angered. In Brittney's and Debbie's case, it would be assuaged when they paid the price for what they did to Drew, but NOT what they did to her. When she reminded her mother of THAT prank, she was sure that she'd let Sandy even the score.

Sandy,

Greeting from the Gang in Warsop. We got home safely, even though poor Bernice did get shot while we were heading home. We'd stopped at a shopping mall on the way to the airport, and split up. There was a store where a former employee was taken into custody, but not before he got off a shot. The bullet did very little damage to Bern's upper arm, missing bone, and arteries. She was lucky, it could have been worse. As it is, she and Maddy are a bit shy about going to the mall. Maddy was with her.

When we got back, Drew met a new girl, Helen Joyce. She is from Holland. She and her mum, Maggie moved here when Helen's dad died. Now, they're looking for a place to stay. Well, anyway, Drew saw her on her clunker bike and invited her to his birthday party. Well, Maddy was quite jealous about it, and even though she joined the Gang, they constantly argued for a bit. Maddy had a right to be jealous of Helen, she invited Drew to a Girl Guides party, and he was the only guy there.

That all changed when the Bonds moved to Germany. Jenny Bond, Drew's Mum renewed her contract with the Apollanaris Cycling Team after her family agreed to move, all but Julie, that is. She finally settled down about it, after saying her bit, and finding a boyfriend in Germany. As for Drew, he is competing with the junior team. And when the Bonds moved, they rented their place to Helen and her mum.

Now, however, Maddy and Helen have 'bonded'. After Drew left, Maddy went a bit bonkers until she got with Helen. Now, they are like Siamese twins. Helen has become a cheerleader, and cycles with Maddy. It's as if she replaced Drew, or should I say Gaby with Helen. No, they don't snog, it's as if they're cousins, or mates. Best of all, not only has Maddy settled down, but Helen has blossomed into quite a young lady, too.

She was pretty shy before, but Drew and Maddy brought her out of her shell. Oh, she's still a timid mouse around strangers, but with us, she is quite lively. And when she cheers, or bikes, she has that same drive that Drew has. She even went to a cosplay convention with Maddy. Helen and her mum joined the Peters in wearing Classic Trek costumes. Both Maddy and Helen looked cute in their costumes, too.

They also did a local race where Maddy took first place. She and Helen teamed up with Josh and Kristen, a couple of local cyclist that Drew has raced with. Josh respects Drew for his cycling accomplishments and the fact that he has yet to beat Drew in a race. Josh is a real sportsman, taking after his father. Kristen is an up and coming girl's champ. She hopes to emulate Jenny Bond and when she met Drew, there was a bit of hero worship, and she likes him too.

Off in Germany, Drew was in a race where he met up with some 'local' wildlife. While he was riding, a herd of wild boars attacked the cyclists. Only one was hurt by the encounter, but several bikes were wrecked. I guess that you could say that he had a very 'boaring' race, that time.

Aly

--------------------------------------

Aly,

A 'boaring' race? Is that a bit of British humor that I'm reading? It sounds as if Drew is a very special guy to his friends. I know that Erin and Diana both think the world of him, and are grateful for his help in the race in Atlanta. Yes, I know about Drew being Gaby. I recently learned about his secret because of what Brittney and Debbie did to him. The Augusta High School Faculty and Board of Education are going to discipline them for their mistreatment of Drew. I have no doubt that you will get a detailed report on their punishment from Jessica.

I am glad that Maddy has befriended Helen. She needs her to help keep a balance in her life. For years, Drew was her balance, but with him in Germany, she became lost without her balance. I am sure that now that Helen is there for her, that Maddy will be her old self.

Sandy

--------------------------------------------------

When she read the letter from her sister, Em, she cried as she remembered all that they'd done. Because of Em, Sandy was finally blossoming into a young lady. Before she came, Sandy was afraid to really do anything but go to school and work. Now, she was ready to live her life to its fullest. Thanks to Em's encounter with Ellen, she now had a gaffe that was next to impossible to tell from the real thing. Before the gaffe, Sandy wore tight panties to keep her wilted willie in check. Now with the gaffe, it was kept safely tucked away, and she could even have sex with a guy. Not that she really wanted that option, but it was nice to have.

Sandy had often wondered what being a cheerleader would be like, but until now, she hadn't the courage to even try. She liked the idea of guys drooling over her, but if they ever discovered her secret, she and her family would be hurt, and she did not want to risk her family over some silly dream. But, now with her new gaffe, she could do what Em did and not worry about being discovered. Em had been sexually assaulted by three boys who thought she was a real girl, the fact that her gaffe was simulating a menstrual cycle helped, too.

Now that she was back home, Em was continuing her transition. Sandy wanted to be there when she had the operation, just as she wanted Em there for her's. It would be a special bonding between them that nobody else could fathom. How could they? Being a trans-girl was a unique thing that very few had the courage to attempt. Sandy was fortunate in finding a little Sister in Em. While not overtly religious, Sandy couldn't help but thank that God had arranged for them to meet.

Sandy,

I am back home with my Mummy, and will soon be living with my dad and his wife Cherie. If it wasn't for Daddy, I'd never have found out that I want to be Em. When Daddy found out that Mummy was pregnant with me, he left her, and went back to his family in Wales. Mummy was able with help from her friends to open up a hair salon in Warsop. She worked for a retired lady, and when she died, deeded the shop and property over to Mummy.

We now live in the loft above the salon, and thanks to frugal spending, Mummy was able to keep us going. We had to make do with a lot of Royal Army surplus, but Mummy's friends helped us out by having a rummage sale of the older equipment stored in the loft and basement which gave us money to purchase my school uniforms and other essentials. Luckily, Mummy loves dressing in 'hippie' style clothing which were stored down in the basement, and in her size.

If you ever watch movies or shows from the 'hippie' era, you will know what I mean. Most of her jeans are bell bottoms and her tops are very colorful with all sorts of emblems on them. She does wear skirts and dresses, too. Her dresses are either floor length sun dresses, and skirts, or mini dresses or skirts you see on Brady Bunch, or Partridge Family. She usually wears her jeans to work in as those long dresses tend to get stepped on as she works, and she doesn't want to show off her knickers when she works either. For a 'Mod' woman, Mummy is quite modest.

As I grew up, my friends started using her to do their hair. As you know from the trip, most, if not all of my friends are girls. Mummy is up on the latest styles and trends when it comes to hair and nails, as well as make up. In fact, she can give you a makeover and make you look totally new. She did that for Gaby last year, and made her prettier than she was. In fact, she now has a boy friend she doesn't want.

Gaby is a shy girl who, like her cousin Drew, comes alive on the bike. She spent a week here as a model for a new school brochure. It was then that Clive fell for her, and believe me, it is a very one-sided love. She never has encouraged him in his love for her, yet he continues to swoon over her. In fact, she even told him off at a dance. He came on strong and she slapped him a good one. So, you can see why she acted as she did at the school dance over there.

Gaby, as you know, is a cyclist. She shares Drew's love of the sport that his mother Jenny Bond began. Whenever she visits Church Warsop, it's like we have triplets here. As you know, Gaby and Maddy look like twins, with Drew, it's like triplets, they look like each other, except that Drew is a boy and loves Maddy something fierce. The only reason that Drew did not go is that he had commitments in several races he had to fulfill, and wanted to stay home with his mum.

Jenny Bond contracted cancer and was due for treatment at the same time as the trip, but since Drew had his commitments, they asked for Gaby to go. She is really his twin sister, but lives with cousins who lost their daughter. That is why she is called cousin as well as sister. That is why Drew and I are Best Mates, he puts his mum ahead of a trip. Drew knows about me wanting to be a girl, too. He may not have liked the idea, but he has accepted me as Em.

Mfwany

****************

Em,

I know all about Drew and Gaby, now. I learned about them from Mother. As you know, she is a counselor at Augusta High School, and she knew all about Drew-Gaby from Janet Bell. Drew's forced role playing by Brittney and Debbie and their constant pranking has earned them a reprimand from the school. The idea of tricking a boy into dressing as a girl just because their parents did not know has gotten many over here ready to do something about it.

Yes, there is a very large segment of the student body that is biased against the transgendered, and both you and Drew could have been hurt because of it. Dan's forcing himself upon Gaby-Drew and your being accosted are both incidents that could have gone badly for either one of you. Dan could have discovered that Drew was wearing breast forms or even a gaffe if he had pressed his luck. And if not for your new equipment, you would have been discovered.

But luckily, none of that happened, and I have great news, my British sister, Daddy has accepted me, now? Last night, he began to treat me as his daughter, and even joked with me about the pantyhose that I had ruined. We had gone to dinner and were heading back to the car when a bunch of thieves attacked us. I was able to use my martial arts training that my boss had us take and trounce them. He got me new hose, and we met some policemen that look like Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.

They took us to a cafe run by Danny's transgendered daughter who married Mel. They did it to help me. When I confessed to Daddy about you, both he and Momma accepted the real you. I was scared that he would revert back to who he was, but I found out that Daddy was returning to the man that he was before. His family are all anti-LGBT. Only Daddy is free of that poison, because of his friendship with a cousin who died because of the hatred.

Maxie was a boy who was punished using the Petticoat Discipline instead of jail. But when the punishment was over, she kept on wearing dresses. She told Daddy who supported her. She went to Church wearing a dress for Graduation and the pastor attacked her, ripping off her dress, Daddy stood up for his cousin who wanted to be a girl. He took her home and let her sleep, but she cut her wrists and died that day.

Now, Daddy fears for me, he fears that I will be outed at work or school and be hurt. So far, his family has not followed us to Grottoes. But now, with my new appliances, I can pass as a real girl. My breasts are my own, and as for my willie, it is only good for peeing. Even before the gaffe, I was sitting down to pee. With my breasts and shrunken equipment, I simply can not aim worth a damn!

Frank, my boss, made sure that I and the other employees learned how to defend ourselves, and paid for the lessons out of his pocket. I had been working for a week when he came in and told us about his decision. When he did, he was looking at me. He evidently knows, and accepts me. I know that his son fancies me. Maybe that's why Frank accepted me. I hope that he sees a girl, not a boy, though.

Sandy

///////////////

Sandy turned off her computer and got ready for bed, she wore a negligee with the hose that her daddy had gotten for her because she did not want to end that special night. Truth to tell, she did like to wear hose. She liked the way that hose made her legs look and feel. Back when she was still a boy, she would wear her mom's hose under her thermals for warmth. She got away with it because the construction workers and athletes did it too. She often saw football players wearing tights in uniform colors over thermals, and construction workers wore them under their winter coveralls.

As a student in Augusta High School, she took to wearing shorts, skorts, and capri's with hose. She had been taking hormones long enough that a padded panty brief sufficed to hide her secret, and she became popular with the boys as her endowments began to increase. That was when her mother gave her the infamous' birds and the bees' talk, being surprised when Sandy already knew the stuff.

It was in West Dale Middle School where she first learned about sex and gender. That was why she began to question her mother about girls. That was when she started to want a vagina to be a real girl. It was only after seeing the counselor that she found out that as a girl, she could never become a mother, only as a boy, could she have a family. That was when she prayed to God for help.

"God, I am Sandy, a boy who wants to be a girl. I recently found out that if I become a girl, I can not be a mother. Daddy wants grandchildren, so does Momma. Do I have to stay a boy to give them grandchildren? Can I not adopt? Will Momma have another baby? I hope so, Lord. AMEN."

It was a week later that Mary Jones shared the good news that she was pregnant. When that happened, Sandy knew that it was alright for her to become a girl, now. Even if it was a girl, she could give their parents grandchildren. Her parents wanted grandchildren and Sandy, being a good and dutiful child, was willing to stay a boy for them, even though, it would break her heart to do so.

When she had told them about herself, Momma was shocked, and Daddy through a tantrum. It was only after seeing a counselor in a nearby town for several sessions that he relented. But he still made her suffer as much as he could. In doing so, he had inadvertently given her the needed strength to live as a girl. Then, when he saw her perseverance, he sought an opportunity to move away from his family.

He was already seeking because of what had happened to his cousin, but Family Obligations had kept him home. It took Sandy's coming out to them to spark off the much needed exodus. John Jones was ready to make a stand about all of the hatred being spewed forth and about what the 'church' was calling abominations. His eyes had been opened when it caused Maxie's suicide.

Truth to tell, he would have soon followed suit if not for his best friend and girlfriend, Mary Scott. She too, had mourned when Maxie died, and in John, she saw a tender Heart that had been sorely hurt by Maxie's death. John had always been tender hearted and found most of the doctrine taught by the church to be too narrow. He believed in a Loving God, not a vindictive one like that taught in his church. How long before that hatred spread to others?

His father, David had told him about how all Orientals and Germans had been herded together into prisons. Only after the war were they released, but their property was turned over to the state. They left town, never to return, and the property was sold to local businessmen. Now, that left only the WASP community, as a White Anglo Saxon Person, his dad was not impressed with the way that the church had profited from the incident.

The church had invested in the purchasing of these businesses along with the local businessmen, using the church's tax exempt status to help get away with expenses. But his father was an accountant working with the city government and saw the discrepancy in the books and launched an investigation. The only reason that he was excluded was that he was an honest employee, never taking bribes. It was his supervisor that kept the books, but when he died of a heart attack, John's father was given the books, much to everybody's protest.

It caused quite a scandal as the evidence was presented to the Authorities and the church lost many members who were sent to prison for their crimes, allowing for the younger generation too take over at an earlier date, including a new pastor who was even more hate filled than the Elder Pastor. The new pastor instituted a strict dress code upon the congregation and students in the church's private school where they taught creationism and debunked evolution.

The dress code was a white dress shirt, with tie and trousers in the school colors of red or blue. The belt and loafers were either black or brown with white socks. The girls' uniform was the same, except that they wore knee length skirts. They could wear colored hose in school colors, but skin tone hose had to be worn with socks. Extra curricular activities such as cheerleading and band gave the girls the opportunity to show off more of their body, but with such strict parents, very few ever ventured into premarital sex because of all of the feedback.

Sandy's revelation had made her father's choice a bit easier. The Church taught about how a father was King of the Castle at home, and he was to protect his family first over any other obligations. By following that advice, John Jones was doing his duty according to Church Dogma, but he couldn't admit that to the Church. When he asked for and accepted a transfer to Grottoes and got a raise, the Church had disowned the family for moving away, never knowing the truth about Sandy.

{}{}{}

Waking up, Sandy went to the lavatory to get ready for the day. She donned a shorts set and slippers and went downstairs to prepare breakfast. No one else was up, so she made flap jacks, with sausage patties. The maple and sorghum syrup and butter was placed in their own crocks to keep warm. As Sandy got out the plates, she was hugged from behind by her Daddy.

"You didn't have to do this, Sandy. Thank you." he sighed.

She blushed, "You're very welcome, Daddy. I just wanted to do something to thank you for becoming my Daddy."

He patted her on the fanny, "I have always been your Daddy, it's now that you became my Princess."

"Your Pancake Princess?" she smirked.

"If they taste as good as they smell, I'll draft you into making them every Sunday," quipped Mary as she passed by.

"Is Sandy making japflacks?"

"That's flapjacks, Kevin," Sandy giggled.

"Like I said, JAPflacks!" Kevin chortled.

"Son, if you get her mad, Sandy might not make you any," John winked at Sandy.

"AWW! I was only joking, Sandy!" he cried.

She picks him up and hugs him, "I know, Little Brother, so does Daddy," she grinned.

"Yeah, Sport! I was joking, too."

"Does that mean that I get my flapjacks?"

"Yes, Kevin, now sit down so we can eat,"

They had a wonderful breakfast, after which Sandy went to her apartment with Kevin to watch cartoons while Mary and John went shopping. They needed to stock up on the staples that had been depleted and Grottoe's Warehouse Foods stocked everything at reduced prices. The cans were often dented, as were the bottles, making them unsalable in retail stores, But at the warehouse, such was not the case. Many of the local charities and restaurants bought their supplies from the warehouse, saving money. Normally, families did not shop here, mainly because of pride, but John, ever the pragmatic, saw it as a way to stay on a budget and provide extras for the family, too.

"Mary."

"Yes, John."

"I want to do something special for Sandy. I've not been a good father to her, have I?"

"John, you have been protecting her as best you can. You finally saw her as your daughter. What do you want to do?"

"I was thinking about getting her a new wardrobe, or redecorating her apartment."

"Well, the appliances are a bit old. Will you add an up to date entertainment center?"

"Yes, and I was thinking about building a new garage, too."

She slaps his knee, "John, you naughty boy! You're doing this for some reason, tell me!" she giggled.

"When Sandy finds herself a boyfriend, I want her to stay with us, and if she does go, maybe Kevin will stay," he sighed.

She saw the longing for family in his eyes, and the terrible price that he paid for his daughter, "John, you know that my family is more moderate. They will accept Sandy as a girl. And just maybe, the old hatred is dead, now."

"Why would it be?"

"Maxie's parents succeeded in their lawsuit against the church and the city. Now, both are under investigation for conspiracy in her death, and in the attacks on others who also left."

"When did you hear this, and who from?"

"Maxie's parents, just before I left work. Henry has been keeping an eye on us for the church. He was our liaison back into the fold."

"I'm surprised that Pastor Sevrin let him do it."

"He hid his true motives very well, so that the Laodicia Baptist Church had no qualms about it when my 'Great Uncle Fred appointed him to the task."

"Do you think that he will ever see the Biblical connection with the church?"

"I doubt it, although with all of the turmoil, it goes very well with what the Bible says that would happen to the church," he laughed.

Thinking back upon her own Bible reading, she smiled, "And Pastor Fred never did any sermons on the Churches of Revelations, and very few on the Book, itself."

"When you think about it, he was afraid that the Congregation would see themselves as like the one in the Book, and endeavor to change."

"Yes, I was lucky in that I did my own study of the Book by reading commentaries by other authors."

He looked at her with wonder, "Is that why you stayed with me, even after I became such a monster?"

She kisses his cheek, "No, my Love, I knew that one day, you would finally become the wonderful man that I married again," she sighed.

He blushes, "I am glad to be back, and don't want to leave."

"Well, here we are, we can get a few items for Sandy while we're here, and stock up on those canned goods. There's plenty of room in the basement."

"Well, since you are a girl, like Sandy, you tend to her needs while I get the other stuff."

"LIKE Sandy?" she quipped.

"Yes, LIKE Sandy, my Princess."

They pulled into the parking lot of the warehouse and John found a slot near the docks, perfect for loading up the trailer that they were using. They loaded the trailer down with institutional sized cans and bags of dried beans, rice, potatoes, and pasta. The canned meats were placed in the trunk under the bread that would be used in making bread pudding and dressings. John had ordered two walk in freezers to be put in the basement and a storage shed for any surplus.

He was also ready to open up the old bomb shelter located under the house. It had been installed during the 'Cold War' scare just after World War 2. Because of the soil under the Manor House, by adding steel support beams under the house and carefully excavating the soil, the house never did suffer any cracks from settling due to uneven distribution of weight. The bunker s accessed by a trap door just off of the basement entrance which was a solid looking timber door over a reinforced steel hatchway the slid aside once opened, and by a similar hatch in the garage apartment.

The bunker had been equipped with a generator and other necessities to help survive a nuclear holocaust, but after so many years, the food had spoiled, and the water stagnated because of time, and faulty installment. When John found out about the bunker, he donated the spoiled canned goods to the museum, as well as the furniture and outmoded appliances. In return, he received the equipment to modernize the bunker. Now, it was used for storage of goods, and a hiding place for any gifts to be given. Sandy kept hers behind the airlock between her apartment and the entrance tunnel under her front entrance hall.

"Well, what have you gotten for Sandy, John?"

"They have appliances and furniture that have marks or dents on them. So I got her a canopy bed set and a matching one for her guest room and a matching living room-dining room set, too."

She hugs him, "You are going to spoil her, you know. She's wanted a canopy bed, for years. Now we will have the fun of making the matching drapes, and canopies. Are there drawers under the beds?"

"Yep, full of bed sheets and canopies," he smirked.

"Well, looks as if you have a lot of explaining to do to Sandy."

"Don't worry, I arranged for the delivery on her next day off, this Saturday with Jack."

After snogging for a moment, they got into the car and drove away, ready to surprise their daughter who was to get an unexpected surprise at work.

[][][]

Sandy and Kevin went down to help with the groceries, having fun putting them down in the bunker and in the basement pantry. Then after kissing her family goodbye, she left for work. Arriving at the diner, she went into the employees lounge and donned her uniform. After assuring herself that her makeup was done, she clocked in and saw Jack getting the grill ready while Daisy Mae Moore, waited on the tables.

"Sandy, you have the register and booths, this shift, I have a party coming in later that requested Daisy."

"Sure thing Jack. No doubt her Alumni from Grottoes High School, she giggled.

"Do you blame me? Our two schools have been rivals ever since they were formed."

"Yeah, Augusta was formed after Grottoes proved to be too small to handle the students. Now it's a classic case of rivalry equal to that of Yale and. Harvard, or Alabama and Auburn."

"That reminds me, you two, is there enough interest in the Iron Bowl to have a party?"

"I'll ask at school, Jack."

"And I'll ask at the party, today."

"Good, because I know that when we throw these parties, everybody wants another one as soon as possible. Daisy, do you think that you can sing at the party?"

"Sorry, but my manager wants for me to curtail my singing until after the release of my album, why not karaoke? I can be the D.J."

J.J. strolled in then, "Dad, I have the supplies, think we can unload the truck while the ladies handle the customers?"

Jack, since there aren't aren't customers, I can help while Daisy handles everything. If any orders come in, she can let us know."

"Is that OK with you, Daisy?"

She hugs Sandy, "Yes, Jack, and thank you Sandy. By letting me handle everything while you help with the supplies, you help me to look good to the Alumni."

"Just be ready to return the favor, Daisy," giggled Sandy.

After they had stacked the supplies and completed the inventory, Jack went to the kitchen to prepare the orders while Sandy and J.J. sat in the Employees Lounge, resting from the back breaking work, and having a light snack for lunch.

"Sandy, how have you been?"

"Pretty good. I now have a British sister," she giggled.

"Oh? From the Cultural Exchange?"

"Yes, and if not for Dan's reaction to her, I'd never have met her."

"Knowing Dan Martin, she is either a lesbian, or a guy wanting to be a girl."

"Yes, I take it that you are not like Dan."

"Far from it."

"Why?"

"Because I love you, Sandy, and I know your secret."



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-9 by Stanman63

Grottoes-9
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html
Sandy was gobsmacked by what J.J. had said. Here, all of this time, she had thought that only her family and Janet Bell knew about her secret, now she had to wonder who all knew. Would she and her family have to leave Grottoes, now? Would there be attempts on her life by those who hated the transgendered? Worst of all, was her family in danger? Al of these thoughts ran through her mind, causing an overload that sent her into a faint.

"WHAT!?" she asked as she fainted.

"SHIT!" J.J. cursed as he caught her and gently laid her on the floor.

He began to openly cry over his True Love, not knowing how to handle the situation. All that he knew was that he loved her with all of his Heart. To him, Sandy was a girl, the fact that she had been born a boy did not matter to him. All that he saw was a beautiful woman that he wanted to marry. He and his dad had found out from Jessica Bell when Sandy applied for work. To his dad, Sandy was a girl, not a boy, at all. And to J.J., she was a very sweet girl.

They had spent time going over any literature concerning girls like Sandy and about Mermaids, a charity that supported girls like her. When they heard about the difficult times that were in store for Sandy, they adopted her as their daughter and sister, and worked with the local charities that were like Mermaids. Any special girl, boy, or their family could have a free meal, once a week, and on holidays, too, when opened. But on those holidays that the diner was closed, they could get that free meal the day after.

His mother, Joan was a hermaphrodite, Joan and Jack had grown up together, as the best of friends. Joan grew up as a girl ad was a cheerleader, dancer, majorette in school while Jack went into playing sports. Joan went into the Girl Scouts and learned her domestic skills which she taught to Jack, while he taught her what he learned in the Boy Scouts. By graduation, they were the most well rounded students and she was chosen as valedictorian, while Jack was the salutatorian.

They had a very happy marriage, and when J.J. was born, they both felt blessed. But unfortunately, complications set up after his birth that would cause much heartache and grief. Joan's womb had been herniated by his birth, and when she conceived again, the hernia ruptured, causing Joan to bleed to death before she could receive medical attention. Jack was busy in the diner, and J.J. was in school when her hernia ruptured. She was three months pregnant.

Their loss marked both men with grief, and a need to help young ladies in need. When Jack opened up his diner, he hired only waitresses who had a need. Some were unwed mothers who were able to go back to school, find a better job, or marry a nice man. But all of them were adopted by Frank as his nieces, only Sandy's plight truly broke his heart. When she moved into Grottoes with her family, she was a shy, withdrawn child that got the attention of J.J.

He saw a a very pretty girl who needed a friend, being new to the school. So, he introduced himself to her, and she declined, at first, but in time, she accepted his friendship. As she relaxed around him and his friends, she showed her wit and humor, as well as a shyness brought on my her dad. It was only when she qualified for the Work-Scholarship Program, that he learned why she was so shy.

The Work-Scholarship Program was open for any for students to earn money for college and earn credit too. Instead of taking Gym, Band, Cheerleading, or Home Economics. the student went to their job, learning on-the-job skills that were transferable to college credit with universities participating in the program. For those that did not, the student received a stipend from the Program to help pay for schooling.

Because of Sandy's unique needs, she needed away to skip P.E., and even though she wanted to be in the band, her goal of becoming a proper woman overrode that desire. Her dad refused to fund her surgery, although she did get to live alone in the garage apartment, rent free. So, she opted to apply for the Program, and found that Jack's Diner was in the Program.

Jack accepted her application because he sensed the true reason for her wanting to work. His sharp eye caught the tiny signs of her breast forms and her boy's hips that told him what she really was. But because of his support of Mermaids, he accepted her, knowing that Jessica Bell would give him a copy of Sandy's records for his books. Supporting Mermaids gave him a tax credit that would make employing Sandy, another tax credit.

But Jack made such a good living off of the diner, that his tax breaks would have soon disqualified him, so, he opened up a savings account for each waitress on the program, and
deposited the tax break in their accounts, but Sandy's got more since she also got the tax credit for his supporting Mermaids.So far, there was enough in her account to cover her surgery and college, if she were frugal with her combined funds.

Sandy had proven to be quite a natural as a waitress, she was able to keep track of her customer's order, and mingle, making her popular with everybody. But when hes school friends found out about her job, it became a game to see if they could stick her with the bill. When they did, she simply called their parents if they did not pay up, when she confronted them at school, often getting them grounded, and earning demerits in their school records.

This action earned her the respect of the alumni, faculty, and students, alike, even those who tried to stiff her. She became very popular, but her popularity soon waned when she couldn't date, and spent most of her free time working at the diner. She did not date because she feared that she would be outed if a date found her secret. She wore a gaffe, and breast forms, but either could be discovered by prying eyes.

It wasn't until her body started going through a girl's puberty that Sandy began to relax, but even then, she was careful about how she acted. As the daughter of the school's counselor, she was expected to be held to a higher standard than other students. What very few understood was that she had no inclination to do anything to earn any demerits, she just wasn't the type to cause trouble.

She was raised to respect her elders, and to was active in the church, and the scouts until she told her family that she was a girl in a boy's body. When the family moved, Sandy Lynn Jones simply changed her gender in her records. Thanks to her mother's contacts in County Records, Sandy's Birth Certificate and Social Security Records now listed her as female, rather than as male. Only those back in West Dale Middle School and in her Great Uncle, Fred Sevrin's church knew different.

But that was why she and her family had left. Great Uncle, Fred Sevrin was filthy rich from coal mines. He was a former seminary student that quit when his families estate proved to be on top of a rich vein of coal, and oil.. He dropped out of school to become the C.E.O. of SevrinCorp. Then, he set up a private school where only W.hite A.nglo S.axon P.eople were allowed, where racial purity was taught, and the T.G. were hunted down.

Mary Jones was to become a counselor at the school, but when Sandy made her announcement, Mary sought and found employment at Augusta High School, where Sandy would enter as a freshman. Her father John Jones had accepted a lucrative offer at another branch of the company that he worked for-to protect his child, he had seen his cousin Maxie destroyed by the venomous hatred of the church and wanted to spare Sandy that same fate.

But his fear caused him to treat her as a second class citizen until Em came for a visit from England. She was able to use her beauty, charm and wit to break through John's shell of fear, and set him free to finally see, and accept Sandy as his daughter. They had had a wonderful night of family togetherness where the old hurts were healed, and Sandy was able to become John's Princess, as she had been hoping for all this time.

Now, after she had reconciled with her father, she has another reason to fear, J.J. knows her secret, and she is afraid that he will out her to the school, causing grief and heartache for her family that moving to Grottoes was to have ben the remedy. But now, her most secret fear was being realized in her mind, seeing only turmoil, instead of J.J.'s love.

Jack came in and saw Sandy passed out, with his son cradling her head in his lap, "What happened, Son?"

"I told Sandy that I love her, and knew her secret, Dad."

Jack smiled, "Looks as if you take after me when it comes to women," he chuckled.

"Say what?"

"I had the same effect on your mother when I proposed to her the first time," he smiled.

"Oh? How many times did you propose, Dad?"

"Twice! I had take her to the Emergency Room after that."

Then, Sandy awoke, saw Jack, and fainted again, saying, "OH NO! NOT YOU, TOO!"

Jack got some smelling salts from the nearby sink cabinet and held them under her nose until she began ti cough, "Get that shit away from me!"

Jack laughed as he did as she ordered, "Welcome back, Sandy. Are you ready to work, now?" he smirked.

She bolted up, accidentally flashing her panty at him, "What?"

"You heard me, Kiddo."

Sandy relaxed, "Whenever you call me that, I know that everything is alright."

"Good. I don't want to lose my son's favorite employee," he laughed.

"Come on Dad! You know that I love her," he admonished Jack.

"OK, Now. When did you two discover my secret?"

"Come, sit at the table, and we will tell you, you'll be surprised.

****

 
Jack had outfitted the lounge with furniture purchased from the Grottoes Thrift Store. The outer wall had floor-to-ceiling book cases filled with a collection of books, video tapes, and an entertainment center. The rear wall had a partition for changing clothes, and a collection of lockers with a doorway to a men's and a ladies restroom, complete with showers. The hallway wall had Jack's office desk and spare chairs for when he interviewed an employee next to the lockers while the lounge kitchenette occupied the wail next to the public restrooms.

****

 
She sat at the old mahogany table in a matching chair, "Jack, just what all do you know about me, and when did you learn it?"

J.J. smiled at her, "We knew when you applied."

"How?"

"Daddy saw your breastforms, and could see through your disguise."

"But, I thought that they were flawless!" she exclaimed.

"Sandy, to MOST people, they are. But, I know what to look for in girls like you."

"Oh? Why is that?"

"My wife Joan was a hermaphrodite. Do you know what a hermaphrodite is?"

"Yes, we studied them in Health, they are people born with both male and female sex organs."

"Basically, correct, a hermaphrodite can be born with a complete set of both, or with a part of both. There are many variations of what can technically be called the third gender."

"OK, but how does her being a hermaphrodite make it so that you saw through my disguise?"

"Joan died from complications from carrying J.J."

"Sandy, Mom died while she was carrying another baby."

She hugged them both and wept for them, "Do you know if it was a boy, or a girl?"

"If Joan had of made it with our second child, you would be seeing a teenage Joan Marie, named after her mother."

"OK, but THAT still doesn't explain how you were able to see through my disguise. Why aare you telling me about Joan?"

Jack passed over a photo of him, a baby J.J. and a beautiful woman, "Take a look, and you will see," he wept.

Studying the photo, she glanced from Jack, to J.J., then back to the photo, then she looked up, totally gobsmacked, 'Joan and I are twins," she said softly as he went silent, the overload sending her into a momentary shock.

J.J. shook her, "J.J. to Sandy, are you in there?"

"Just like Joan, SHE would fade out, too."

Sandy shook her head, as if to reconnect with reality, "WHOA! NO WONDER YOU ACCEPTED ME! YOU WERE HIRING JOAN!"

"More than that, Sandy."

"Oh? Tell me."

"After she died, I joined Mermaids, a charity that helps children with transgender issues and their families."

"Now I know why certain customers get a free meal during the holidays. It's you way to help them."

"Yes, and getting to know Mermaids clients, I learned how to ferret out the kids, and adults that might need their help."

"Oh, so THAT is how you saw me for who I am."

J.J. smiled, "Yes, Sandy. We would NEVER turn away a girl like you. Are you still scared?"

She smiled, "No, not anymore. But I am worried J.J."

"What about?"

"Why you want to date me."

"Sandy, I LOVE you! Why shouldn't we date?"

"Because I look like your mother."

"You do, NOW! but when you asked for a job, you didn't."

"I did, J.J. And you know it!"

"OK, THAT is true, but I did not see it until recently. And I just now saw it when you mentioned it."

"What about you, Jack?"

"When I first saw you, you reminded me of Joan. And when I saw that you were like her, I knew that I had to help you," he sighed.

"OK, But I am not so sure right now, I want to be able to work and earn my paycheck on my own merit, NOT because of my looks, Jack."

"Sandy, I have no complaints from the customers about you, at all! and you make more in tips than anybody here. What does that say to ou?"

"That I am a hard worker who is liked by her customers. But Jack, did you hire Joan or me?"

He sighed, "Truth to tell, BOTH!"

"Oh?"

"Yes, your vixen," he chuckled.

"Vixen," she giggled.

"Yes, vixen, Sandy. I hired you because you looked like Joan, and I saw you for who you were, but now, I am honored that YOU are here, NOT Joan. Does that answer your question?"

She hugged Sack, "Yes, you see ME now, when at first, you saw Joan. But when did you start seeing me?"

"Almost immediately. You may LOOK like Joan, but you don't act like her," he smirked.

"Oh? How am I different?"

"You are shy most of the time when not here. Joan was a go-getter."

"But, Sandy. You are no longer that shy, quiet, wallflower that you were. You've blossomed into a strong, sure young lady."

She hugged J.J. "Thanks, J.J. You're right about me. At first, I was scared that I would be outed. But I relaxed when I was accepted as a girl. And when Dianna Biggs told me that she was glad to see me open up, I knew that I was on the right track."

"Why is that?"

Well, considering what she went through, she could have withdrawn. But after mourning her Daddy's death, she got Bigg's Foundations going again."

"OK, why was her endorsement so meaningful?"

"I was looking up to her as a role model. Funny thing, she was looking at me as a role model, too," she sighed.

J.J. smirked, "And she knows nothing about your secret, right?"

"Correct! Well, if she does, she has yet to tell me."

Jack hugged her, "Don't you see?"

"See what?"

"BOTH of you have overcome, much. She saw in you, your strength to transition, and you saw in her the strength to overcome adversity."

"Sandy, Dad is right! You two are Sisters of Adversity."

"OK, You two! I get the message. Shall we clean up our mess and go out and tend to the customers?"

Jack laughed, "Daisy Mae will be ready about now. The rush is on, by now."

Daisy Mae's voice came over the intercom, "Hey, guys! We got customers!"

Jack flipped the intercom toggle, "OK, Daisy Mae, we're coming out."

Hey, Jack! Your rhyming is back!" she giggled as she got up off of the sofa.

"Yeah, Sandy! Dad's a poet, and didn't know it," J.J. smirked as he cleared off the table, and put the dirty crocks in the sink.

"Go on, get out of here, you two rascals! I've got some cooking to do," he chuckled.

"Dad, let me wash up in here, then I'll come out and help you with the orders."

"No, son. YOU go and cook. I'll do the dishes. Besides, I also need to go over the ledger and make sure that the books balance."

"OK, Dad. It'll be fun to be out there, mingling again."

****

 
As they left, Jack began to ponder the event that had taken place as he cleaned the dirty crocks in the sink. Jack began to ponder upon his life as he washed the dishes.

There is no dishwasher, I see no need since all that there was to wash was the crockery for the staff. Besides, I prefer to soak the pots and pans in sinks to loosen any stuck on food before the dishwasher got them, even out in the diner. I must admit that I'm a man set in my ways on how to run the diner. I learned from the best, my former boss about running a diner.

Oh, I've had the chance to sell out to Grottoe's Family Restaurant, but their ideas of how to run a family restaurant was way too stuffy for me. Like Pops, I believe that a family restaurant was meant to cater to FAMILIES, not to PROFIT. I might not make as much profit as other diners, I am having fun doing it my way, which more than makes up for any loss. I got started back when Mike,'Pop's' Royer was running the diner.

I'd just graduated from Augusta Junior College with a degree in Business/Restaurant Management to go with all of my extensive cooking skills learned from Granny Elaine Garrett, the Home Economics teacher. And Gramps was Everett Garrett, the Mechanical Arts teacher. From them, I learned everything that I'll ever need, from domestic skills, all the way to house maintenance skills, including auto repair. They'd adopted me when my parents had left me with them when I was an infant, so I never knew my parents as I grew up.

I had been a Boy Scout, and had obtained the rank of Eagle Scout, easily winning over my fellow scouts with my ability to turn their combined supplies into good home cooking over a grill, or even a fire pit, depending upon the occasion. But I had to quit when my grandparents died in a car wreck, forcing me to find employment in order to pay for their burial. Their insurance policy had been cashed in to pay for their mounting medical bills.

When they were diagnosed with lung cancer from using tobacco, their insurance barely covered their expenses, leaving them to pay for utilities and groceries. Even though they were able to eat breakfast and lunch for free at school, that still left the weekends, and dinner, as well as my meals whenever I was home. But due to frugal spending, I was able to make sure that I could feed us using bulk items, and going to the Farmer's Market for produce, and local farmers for our meat.

Luckily, the house was paid for years ago. I have been tempted many times to get a loan, using it has collateral, but I never did. The attorneys that were trying to get me to were working for a developer who wanted my home so that he could tear it down and put up condos. When I refused to budge, he tried to threaten me, but my friend Jessica Bell and her family stopped them, thanks to her cousin, Detective Angharad Bell.

That lady grew up having to help raise her younger siblings while their parents worked at the local factories. She soon learned her craft having to figure out which one of her brothers or sisters were guilty when something happened. She was seldom wrong, and when she was, it was because of missing evidence. And when she DID find out the truth, the guilty party was punished by her AND the parents.

Luckily for her, she was able to pass on her leadership role to her younger siblings, allowing her to join the Marines so that she could be a better police officer. The Grottoes Police Department accepted her application because Police Chief Shamus O'Hara believed in hiring veterans, no matter their gender. Angharad proved to be tougher than most of the instructors, leading to her placement as an instructor until she had trained other instructors up to her level.

****

 
When I applied for work with Pops Royer, Pops saw in me a young and eager man who had the potential to take over when he retired. Pops had never married after returning home from the war. He had never found a girl friend, and running the diner had made him a bad choice for several young ladies. They wanted to marry into wealth, NOT be burdened with having to clean a house. The post war attitude was that they deserved better than they had.

Under Pops guidance, I became an expert at cooking several orders at the same time, and interacting with the customers, giving me my own ideas on how to run a business. When Pops had found that his parents were living in another city, he was reunited with them. They had left him with Pops only living grandparents because they were both out of work, and wanted him to be raised with a loving family.

His dad, Gerald Garrett had found work as a truck driver, an his mom, Lily Garrett rode with him to replace him behind the wheel when he was tired. In time, they'd been able to purchase their own tractor-trailer, and a small home in Raleigh North Carolina. But they had both developed lung and heart cancer from smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco gave them oral cancer and mouth ulcers.

The cancer did not manifest until after their retirement when they'd finally decided to reunite with their son. They were afraid that Pops would hate them, even though according to his grandparents, he wondered who his parents were. He knew that he was adopted when he called his grandparents Granny, and Gramps instead of Mom and Dad. He knew it because he'd seen pictures of a very young couple with his grandparents, and his Birth Certificate listed Gerald Garrett as his father, Lily Garrett as his mother instead of Paul Morrison and Amy Morrison, respectively.

When Pops had asked his grandparents about it, they told him about his parents, their daughter, and their agreement to raise him as their own until they were ready to become parents ,and that has truck drivers, they were unable to care for him. But seeing as how he anted to get to know them, his grandparents made arrangements for having them stay at the house whenever they were nearby.

In doing that, Pops and his estranged parents were able to learn about each other while maintaining the facade of them being family friends in order to avoid any hurt feelings. As family friends, they often treat their son to gifts that they could get as trucker, and take him to games and concerts when they could, silently thankful that their son was such a splendid young man.

But as Pops grew older, his resemblance to his father caused them to stop their visits until he went to college, earning his degree in Business/Restaurant Management so that he could open up a diner where his 'parents' could eat at. He found a small, abandoned diner near the interstate with ample parking for trucks. He bought the diner and had it renovated into a modern diner. The former Grottoes Diner had closed when it's former owner-operator, Frank Hall had died, leaving no relatives to take over, and the bank foreclosed on the property when his attorney Jim Folsom declared bankruptcy, and took the estate's wealth with him to the Bahamas.

Pops had made a very good living as a cook, manager, but his kind heart, and generous nature had him donating the majority of his profits to charities, and lost causes. Even though he knew how to operate a business, his record keeping skills left much to be desired. His accountant, Barney Garrett had been siphoning funds for years into a swiss bank account that upon the death of Pops, drained the business accounts, letting him escape to Mexico.

Luckily for me, they had family in the States, so I had their identities sent to Immigration so that the U.S. Marshall's and F.B.I. could apprehend them when they returned to the States. It took a few years, years during which I married Joan and lost her to death. The timely return of BOTH men who'd betrayed Pops returned. It turns out that retiring Police Chief, Anthony DiMaggio was a cousin to Abel Delgado, the local Mafia Don.

Abel had watched The Godfather movies, and decided to go legit, giving up his money laundering and drug trafficking for gambling //bingo halls, security/protection and eliminating any youth gangs unwilling to give up criminal activities and rumbling. The reformed gangs acted as a Neighborhood Watch, and worked with local churches, community centers to provide much needed help to the families by providing help with yard work, and babysitting. Their only gang type activity was in sports competition.

The gangs would meet at some local parking lot or field and engage in impromptu games of all sorts or form teams in the community center or a local church. These gangs had over time, become linked to at least one local church, helping the area churches to become more effective community leaders as the gangs eventually dissolved as the members grew up and
left the gang. The gangs were still active in the community, but now as business people and members of fraternities, sororities, and lodges.

My son, J.J. had been an athlete in school, playing basketball, football, soccer, softball, and volleyball. But for all of his athletic prowess, it was his academic records that won him his scholarships. He maintained a 4.0 average throughout his schooling, and his summer internship during his highschool years earned him his scholarships. I was justifiably proud of him, yet reluctant to see him leave.

We had lost Joan while he was growing up, forcing me to be a surrogate mother to him. We grew very close, J.J. often copying my attitudes, likes, and dislikes. I tried to admonish him about becoming my clone, but he simply added Joan's skills to his, making him a well rounded boy. From Joan he learned sewing, crocheting, knitting, and herbal medicine, from me he learned cooking, car maintenance, and home repair as well as my Boy Scout skills.

When he went away to college, I hated to see him go, but I knew that he needed to discover who he was. I was afraid that living so far away would change him, but he stayed the same all during his schooling, which surprised me. What I didn't know until recently was that he'd fallen in love with Sandy, and stayed true to her, even though he had many chances to sow his wild oats, and lose his virginity.

No, J.J. is like me in that regard, I lost my virginity on my wedding night, just as Joan did to me that night. We learned a lot about each other that night that could only be learned by trial and error. Oh,we had our disagreements about things, but we worked out everyrhing, and like most disagreements, they were simply us wanting things done our way. To settle the disagreement, we would try it both ways, then see which one was best.

One Time, we differed on a recipe for eggnog. we both made our batches, and actually found them to both excellent, but her's was best for J.J. as her's was non-alcholic. Until then, I was ready to give him mine, not thinking about the rum in mine, nor what it could do to a child. Me, I had been raised drinking it during the Yuletide holidays. I only drank a glass of it, then I had punch, or soda according to family tradition.

It wasn't until I remembered that my parents had given me bum-free eggnog, which was basically Joan's when I looked up the recipe. THEN we couldn't decide which was better, her eggnog, or my rum-free version. At times, we simply decided not to decide which we did in this case. But for all of our disagreements, we agreed on one thing, J.J. was our pride and joy.

****

 
Jack finally finished cleaning up the Employee's Lounge and headed up front to watch his son as he took over the cooking for the night.

 

Grottoes-10 by Stanman63

Grottoes-10
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

Mister Woods saw a message icon on her office computer was active, and logged on.

Mister Woods

You know about Drew being Gaby while over here on the trip, what you may not know is who started it all. It was the Walters' girls. It all started back last year when the student exchange program had the students from here, visit Warsop. Those girls knew that Drew is a boy, but acted as if he was a girl, and his tendency to mess up his clothes when racing and getting hurt made it all too easy.

But, did you know that Maddy helped, too? Together with the Walters girls, they made sure that Drew joined the Sherwood Foresters. Oh, he says that he actually likes the exercises, but I am also sure that he'd rather not be wearing that costume, too. It may be basically a skirted swim costume, but I know of only one other male student who wants to be a girl cheerleader. Rhod/Em is the other one.

That Brit was the reason why I've has gone on the warpath about Brit's choosing to trick Drew into being Gaby while he was here. While she might have helped him by introducing him to Erin and the Grottoes Express, that in no way mitigates her guilt over tormenting Drew, by using his good nature against him.

Although she was the main instigator, her sister is also guilty. The excuse of not telling their parents is shallow at best, self serving at worst. We could have easily found suitable accommodations for Drew if need be. As it was, he was tricked into wearing skirts, and dresses instead of being allowed to wears pants, which Drew preferred to wear, just because of Brit's inability to stop pushing Drew.

I'm seeking to have the Walters girls banned from any clubs, and extracurricular activities, as well as revoking all scholarships too. I hope that Drew's trip will be fondly remembered, and that he has not been adversely affected. It's too bad that you can't be at Jack's Diner this evening at 5:P.M. for the meeting Jack has the spare dining room set up for us so that we can best decide on the best way to punish the Walters girls.

Jessica

Mister Woods read the letter and quickly sent a reply.

Jessica

I am sorry to say that I was instrumental in bringing Gaby into reality. Without my help, Drew would never have been Gaby very much at all, and none at all in America . I came up with the idea of having Drew dress as Gaby for a school brochure. He was given a school uniform, and enhancements in the way of breast forms and a gaffe. For a week, Gaby was filmed as she attended classes while Drew was sick at home. Only his friends and family knew the truth as well as Sylvia Morgan, a hair dresser.

The funny thing is that two of Drew's mates have never seen that Drew is Gaby. Paul Burgin, he shares a few of Drew's hobbies and Clive Jones who has a crush on Gaby. Now, before you start laughing, the crush is entirely one-sided. Gaby has NEVER done a thing to encourage Clive, in fact, at a dance; Gaby officially broke up with him, only to have him stay in love with her.

For my part, I now truly regret my part in bringing Gaby to life. If not for my actions, Drew would not have the appliances to become Gaby. But since that is in the past, do what you can to punish those girls.

Geoff Woods

As he was tending to his duties, Robbie, the post man knocked on his door, "Mister Woods, I have some packages for the Sherwood Foresters."

"Are all the packages here?"

Looking at his manifest, "Let's see. Winter and Summer kits, winter and summer practice kits, winter and summer travel kits with two for the coaches."

"Good, follow me to the gymnasium."

"Geoff?"

"Yes, Tina?"

"How long will you be?"

"Just long enough to drop off the packages, and let our coaches know, why?"

You have a meeting with the Board of Governors for lunch."

"OK I should be through in plenty of time, but page me if I'm not here at a quarter till."

"Will do."

With that, Mrs. Johnston went back to her crossword puzzle book until she was needed.

* * *

When Fran logged onto her computer at Warsop College, she found a message from Grottoes,

Fran,

You know about Drew being Gaby while over here on the trip, what you may not know is who started it all. It was the Walters' girls. It all started back last year when the student exchange program had the students from here, visit Warsop. Those girls knew that Drew is a boy, but acted as if he was a girl, and his tendency to mess up his clothes when racing and getting hurt made it all too easy.

But, did you know that Maddy helped, too? Together with the Walters girls, they made sure that Drew joined the Sherwood Foresters. Oh, he says that he actually likes the exercises, but I am also sure that he'd rather not be wearing that costume, too. It may be basically a skirted swim costume, but I know of only one other male student who wants to be a girl cheerleader. Rhod/Em is the other one.

That Brit was the reason why I've has gone on the warpath about Brit's choosing to trick Drew into being Gaby while he was here. While she might have helped him by introducing him to Erin and the Grottoes Express, that in no way mitigates her guilt over tormenting Drew, by using his good nature against him.

Although she was the main instigator, her sister is also guilty. The excuse of not telling their parents is shallow at best, self serving at worst. We could have easily found suitable accommodations for Drew if need be. As it was, he was tricked into wearing skirts, and dresses instead of being allowed to wears pants, which Drew preferred to wear, just because of Brit's inability to stop pushing Drew.

I'm seeking to have the Walters girls banned from any clubs, and extracurricular activities, as well as revoking all scholarships too. I hope that Drew's trip will be fondly remembered, and that he has not been adversely affected. It's too bad that you can't be at Jack's Diner this evening at 5:P.M. for the meeting Jack has the spare dining room set up for us so that we can best decide on the best way to punish the Walters girls.

Jessica Bell

* * *

Fran sat down and e-mailed Jessica

Jessica

I am most happy to help out. Both of the Walters' girls were instrumental in getting Drew into becoming a cheerleader for their amusement. Yes, Maddy Bell was also involved, but she at least took care to keep him safe from harm. She made sure that to a casual observer that when they saw Drew, they saw Gaby. But the same CAN'T be said for Brittney and Debbie. Their fun in causing Drew to be Gaby did not take into account that Drew is a boy with all that implies.

Luckily, Maddy, Jules, or I was able to make sure that Drew was not seen, only Gaby. Maddy, or one of his friends would have a spare set of clothes for Drew to borrow to become Gaby,
and they never referred to Gaby as Drew. It was Drew's parents that came up with the best solution; when in Gaby mode, treat Drew as Gaby. And the Walters' girls took full advantage of that, too.

While here in Warsop, they purposefully made as if Drew was a girl, for their fun and amusement, only telling Drew at the last minute. THAT makes their crime all the more heinous, as far as I am concerned. They deliberately withheld that information from their parents, which tells me that they made sure that Drew's file listed him as a girl. I am sure that when Jocelyn learns that, that she will be most unhappy with the girls.

If not for poor Drew's very feminine looks, and mannerisms, he would have already have been outed, long ago. But you have never seen Drew, only Gaby. Even when Drew is dresses as Drew, he is mistaken as Gaby by strangers.

Please know that I wish that those two would learn about what humiliation feels like, Drew sure does.

Fran.

* * *

As she logged off, Geoff Woods Hey, Fran. Are you still teaching the Sherwood Foresters?"

"That's the plan, Geoff, why?"

"Because that is an extra curricular activity that you are in charge of. I need to list the teacher in charge with the Board of Stewards."

"OK, but the girls also need more uniforms, too."

"Oh? How many?"

"They need two practice kits, as well as a summer, and a winter kit. They could also do with a travel kit, too."

"Travel?"

"Yes, a set of shorts, and a blouse to wear on the bus when at cheer competitions."

"What about one for winter?"

"Thanks for reminding me, Woody. Yes, and a winter travel kit, too."

"Take the girls down to the gym for the last class tomorrow and check out the new kits."

"You already knew about the kits," she laughed.

"Yes, Jessica told me about the need for more kits after the trip. So, I asked her what the girls needed, and she told me."

"Won't the girls be surprised?"

"Oh, and you also have the travel kits," he smirked.

"Why me?"

To show that you're their coach."

"I suppose that it's not needed around here."

"No, only when travelling, Fran. And Frank has one too."

"Why him?"

"He chauffeurs the girls on the bus."

"OK, does he know, yet?"

"No, I am just now letting you know."

"Geoff, do me a favor, please."

"What's the favor?"

"Let me tell Frank."

"Sure, considering the fact that you two are seeing each other."

"Geoff, we are dating, NOT engaged. At least not yet," she sighed.

He smiled at her, "I know, Fran. You two have kept your dating discreet, so that none on the Board are questioning your dating."

"So, we have unofficial official approval?"

"Yes, why?"

"We've kept our dating discreet because we didn't want to lose our jobs. Now, we can be more open about it."

She completed her work and went to teach, hoping that Drew would have justice now.

* * *

When Frank Pilling saw the incoming message on his account; he quickly opened it seeing that it was from America .

Frank

You know about Drew being Gaby while over there on the trip, what you may not know is who started it all. It was the Walters' girls. It all started back last year when the student exchange program had the students from here, visit Warsop. Those girls knew that Drew is a boy, but acted as if he was a girl, and his tendency to mess up his clothes when racing and getting hurt made it all too easy.

But, did you know that Maddy helped, too? Together with the Walters girls, they made sure that Drew joined the Sherwood Foresters. Oh, he says that he actually likes the exercises, but I am also sure that he'd rather not be wearing that costume, too. It may be basically a skirted swim costume, but I know of only one other male student who wants to be a girl cheerleader. Rhod/Em is the other one.

That Brit was the reason why I've has gone on the warpath about Brit's choosing to trick Drew into being Gaby while he was here. While she might have helped him by introducing him to Erin and the Grottoes Express, that in no way mitigates her guilt over tormenting Drew, by using his good nature against him.

Although she was the main instigator, her sister is also guilty. The excuse of not telling their parents is shallow at best, self serving at worst. We could have easily found suitable accommodations for Drew if need be. As it was, he was tricked into wearing skirts, and dresses instead of being allowed to wears pants, which Drew preferred to wear, just because of Brit's inability to stop pushing Drew.

I'm seeking to have the Walters girls banned from any clubs, and extracurricular activities, as well as revoking all scholarships too. I hope that Drew's trip will be fondly remembered, and that he has not been adversely affected. I wish that you could be at Jack's Diner this evening at 5:P.M. for the meeting, Jack has the spare dining room set up for us so that we can best decide on the best way to punish the Walters girls.

Jessica

* * *

Frank Pillings replied.

Jessica,

I am well aware of what they did to Drew while they were over here, and how often it was that Brit was able to trick Drew into being Gaby. In fact, she made sure that he was Gaby on a trip that they took to go see his Mum in Germany . Drew had to be Gaby during the trip that Brit LUCKILY had spares for Drew. So, I am not at all surprised that those girls pulled that prank on Drew.

And yes, we know about Maddy's instigating many of Gaby's outings, she finally confided to Fran about how much she had been responsible for Gaby's appearance. When Fran spoke to
Maddy's mum, Carol Peters, she said that it could be Maddy's way of having her twin sister back who died as an infant. Maddy does not know about her twin, in fact, she was cremated and her ashes placed in a sealed statuette of a mum and her child. Maddy thinks that the child is her, though.

Maddy is truly sorry for her part in Gaby's appearances, she misses Drew something awful. But now she has a new accomplice in her adventures. When the Bonds moved to Germany , they sold their Church Warsop home to Maggie Joyce and her daughter, Helen. Mister Joyce used to work for British Petroleum, and died at work. His family did receive his insurance and death benefits from the company, but they wanted to move to get away from the pain.

And, wouldn't you know it, Drew saw her while on one of his last training rides, and helped her with her bike. He also invited her to his birthday party where Maddy took an instant dislike to her. Well, when Drew left, she went a bit loony until she befriended Helen. Now, those two are into cheering, biking, and I think that Helen might even get her into the Girl Guides. I do know that if she does, that Maddy has a very good role model for cooking in her mum.

As far as I am concerned, do what you can about those girls. Geoff, Fran, and I are very fond of Drew ad Jenny, his mum, and are happy to know that the girls will soon have to give an account of their actions. They have absolutely no right to torment Drew just to have fun. If they were over here, those two would be in a reform school, or forced to have a tutor because they'd be exempt from any school, unless they went to a private school run by the Church.

Frank Pillings

As he looked up from his computer, Mister Woods came into the empty room. Frank had this period kept free so that any student needing to take a test had a room for it, and he also used this period to grade papers, and ready the lessons for the day.

"Frank, can you free yourself for a few minutes after school?"

"Yes, my last class of the day are those students taking college admission exams. Why?"

"Because Fran and her girls need you in the gym."

"Why me?"

"You're the chauffeur for when the girls cheer."

"OK, but why am I needed?"

"To pick up your travel kit as a part of the team."

"OK, so no cheer kit for me?" he chortled.

"Not unless you want one."

"No thanks, but see if you can get Fran the kits."

"For Halloween?"

"Yes."

"I can order them, but you or Fran will need to pay as that would be a personnel item."

"OK, bill me, Woody."

"You want a male version?"

"What's that?"

"A top and stretchy trousers for winter, top and shorts foe summer."

"Sure. I'll get our sizes to you tomorrow."

* * *

Diana Biggs saw the incoming message light on her personal computer was lit when she awoke and logged on.

Diana

You know about Drew being Gaby while over there on the trip, what you may not know is who started it all. It was the Walters' girls. It all started back last year when the student exchange program had the students from here, visit Warsop. Those girls knew that Drew is a boy, but acted as if he was a girl, and his tendency to mess up his clothes when racing and getting hurt made it all too easy.

But, did you know that Maddy helped, too? Together with the Walters girls, they made sure that Drew joined the Sherwood Foresters. Oh, he says that he actually likes the exercises, but I am also sure that he'd rather not be wearing that costume, too. It may be basically a skirted swim costume, but I know of only one other male student who wants to be a girl cheerleader. Rhod/Em is the other one.

That Brit was the reason why I've has gone on the warpath about Brit's choosing to trick Drew into being Gaby while he was here. While she might have helped him by introducing him to Erin and the Grottoes Express, that in no way mitigates her guilt over tormenting Drew, by using his good nature against him.

Although she was the main instigator, her sister is also guilty. The excuse of not telling their parents is shallow at best, self serving at worst. We could have easily found suitable accommodations for Drew if need be. As it was, he was tricked into wearing skirts, and dresses instead of being allowed to wears pants, which Drew preferred to wear, just because of Brit's inability to stop pushing Drew.

I'm seeking to have the Walters girls banned from any clubs, and extracurricular activities, as well as revoking all scholarships too. I hope that Drew's trip will be fondly remembered, and that he has not been adversely affected. Please be at Jack's Diner this evening at 5:P.M. for the meeting Jack has the spare dining room set up for us so that we can best decide on the best way to punish the Walters girls.

Jessica

* * *

Diana replied to the E-mail

Jessica.

I knew about Gaby from the start, and wanted to help Drew to relax and forget about Gaby. In fact, I gave Drew that bike that he rode during the Atlanta Race. I admit that I did it in order to make money off of the sales that having Gaby Bond ride one of our bikes would bring in, but it was cleared with his family before I had it built. That bike is now at Erin 's along with the bike that Gaby rode while training over here. Both are displayed along with pictures of the English Rose riding both bikes and autographed posters as well.

But in doing that, I and Erin were up front with Drew, we did not try to pull any sort of prank on him, although as Gaby, we were taught a few lessons that only a dedicated cyclist could teach. That Drew had learned a lot from becoming the champion cyclist that he is, and brought that knowledge to us through Gaby. I could tell that poor child really came alive while riding, so I can only guess at the torments that Britney did to him.

I will be there at the meeting, along with Derek. We want to see them girls pay for what they did. And I can get satisfaction for that prank that they pulled on me, too. Before I graduated, Britney and Debbie found the bike that I rode to school and had the auto shop guys to disassembled it and put it in boxes in my locker. I knew that it was the girls because of their snickering when I opened my locker.

Oh, they TRIED to deny it, but because of the security needed to protect the cars and tools, there is a video of them bringing it inside and handing it over to the teacher, John Weatherly. He thought that it was one of their bikes needing repair. I would have made them put it back together, but I wanted to be able to ride it, so they were given detention, and made to pay me for bike assembly. I took it to Erin who did it for free. Well, I treated her to a dinner at Jack's, and filled up both fuel tanks on her pick up truck.

Diana

She got up and nearly ran over Derek, "OOF! Almost bowled me over, Di. What's got you so befuddled?"

'It's "Drew, or should I say, Gaby."

"Oh? What's wrong with our English Rose?"

"Augusta High School is finally getting ready to punish Britney and Debbie for their forcing Drew to be Gaby all during his trip, here."

"And I take it that you're more than a little irked about that, right?"

"Derek, I've known a few of those special girls before I met Drew. Remember Veronica?"

"Oh yeah! She used to be a guy married to Ellen, why?"

"I learned about such special girls when Daddy helped to install the lighting system in Ellen's shop. Daddy and Ellen taught me how to treat Veronica and others like her."

"But Drew is not like her."

"True, but he could have been hurt if he was ever discovered. Em as lucky. When those cads found her fake vagina, they skedaddled and did not do anything but scare the poor girl."

* * *

Carol Peters was reading a letter from Drew telling about a race where he met some German boars during a race , after checking her E-Mail for more letter, she saw one from America.

Carol Peters.

You know about Drew being Gaby while over here on the trip, what you may not know is who started it all. It was the Walters' girls. It all started back last year when the student exchange program had the students from here, visit Warsop. Those girls knew that Drew is a boy, but acted as if he was a girl, and his tendency to mess up his clothes when racing and getting hurt made it all too easy.

But, did you know that Maddy helped, too? Together with the Walters girls, they made sure that Drew joined the Sherwood Foresters. Oh, he says that he actually likes the exercises, but I am also sure that he'd rather not be wearing that costume, too. It may be basically a skirted swim costume, but I know of only one other male student who wants to be a girl cheerleader. Rhod/Em is the other one.

That Brit was the reason why I've has gone on the warpath about Brit's choosing to trick Drew into being Gaby while he was here. While she might have helped him by introducing him to Erin and the Grottoes Express, that in no way mitigates her guilt over tormenting Drew, by using his good nature against him.

Although she was the main instigator, her sister is also guilty. The excuse of not telling their parents is shallow at best, self serving at worst. We could have easily found suitable accommodations for Drew if need be. As it was, he was tricked into wearing skirts, and dresses instead of being allowed to wears pants, which Drew preferred to wear, just because of Brit's inability to stop pushing Drew.

I'm seeking to have the Walters girls banned from any clubs, and extracurricular activities, as well as revoking all scholarships too. I hope that Drew's trip will be fondly remembered, and that he has not been adversely affected. I wish that you could be at Jack's Diner this evening at 5:P.M. for the meeting, Jack has the spare dining room set up for us so that we can best decide on the best way to punish the Walters girls.

Fran

* * *

When Carol read the letter; she got furious and called out to her daughter. "MADDY! GET IN HERE!"

Maddy rushed into her parent's room where she saw her Mum at the computer, "Mum? Are you mad at me?"

No, dear. But I am mad at those Walters girls!"

"Is it about their messing about with Drew, getting him to be Gaby?"

"Yes, how did you guess?"

"Mum, you know that I got Drew to go with me to those cons as Gaby."

"Yes, I know, I also know that he did it because he loves you."

"And that I intentionally kept a spare set of clothes in case Drew needed them."

"Yes, but I am sure that he'd have preferred trousers or shorts over your skirts and dresses."

"I know, but I LIKE Drew as Gaby."

So, I've noticed," Carol smirked.

Mum, am I wrong for wanting Gaby so much?"

"No, dear, not at all. But you have matured and decided that Drew will choose when Gaby appears."

"I know, Mum, but that only happened after he went to Germany with his family, and after I became friends with Helen," she sighed.

Carol hugged her distraught daughter, "Mads, you are lucky."

"How's that?"

"When Drew left, you were able to get Helen to replace Drew, and for you, she is just what you need."

"A girlfriend?"

"I was actually thinking a sister."

"OK, Mum. Why are you mad at the Walters girls?"

"Because they tricked Drew into being Gaby while in America."

"I know, poor Drew thought that he'd packed his clothes, but he packed Gaby's instead."

"Well, the faculty at Augusta High School is ready to punish them for their mischief."

"I think that it's about time, too. They really hurt Drew doing what they did. But Drew, being Drew, just let it go."

"That's why I want them punished! Drew could have been hurt because of them."

"Mum, its tea time. Want me to fix it up?"

"Maddy, I have tea almost ready, just put the kettle on."

* * *


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-11 by Stanman63

Grottoes-11
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

Jessica Bell was in the Teacher's Lounge when Bunny came in wearing her Team Grottoes sweats, "Afternoon, Jess. You ready for the Walter's Trial?" she smirked.

Jes was startled from her sipping her cup of Earl Grey Tea, a recent habit acquired after 'Gaby' went home to Warsop, "How do you know about the trial, and why are you in that get up?"

Bunny smiled, " The only people that DON'T know about the trial are the Walters themselves. As for this, I wanted to show my support for Drew. I think that I might get the cheerleaders some for winter, sure beats those skirts," she grinned as she struck a seductive pose.

Jessica smiled at her friend, "Do that in school, and the boys will drool over you."

"Like they do the cheerleaders and dance team?"

Jess sighed, "Yes. Unfortunately, we will be minus one cheerleader very soon. Worst of all, it could have been avoided."

Bunny hugged Jessica, "You know full well that Britney and Debbie brought this on themselves what with their deceiving their parents about Drew's gender. They know that arrangements would have been made if they'd told their parents. So please don't feel sorry for them. They deserve the punishment."

Jessica sighed, "I know that Bunny, but I still hate that I have to do it. If only they'd told their parents."

"Fran, they didn't. They kept up this charade, not really caring what they put Drew through. Do you think that they thought about how Drew would be hurt if he was outed?"

"No, definitely not! Nor did they think about how it would affect everybody else if he got outed. Let alone, Em."

"Yes, one boy who looks like a girl, and his best friend who wants to be a girl. Come, Fran. We need to do this for BOTH of them.

* * *

Erin woke up and saw that she had an incoming message:

Erin,

I want to thank you for befriending Drew/Gaby during their stay there in Grottoes. I know that it was all because of Brittney and Debbie that Drew had to be Gaby while over there, and that it all started from when they visited Warsop, last year.

They are the ones who got Gaby to be a cheerleader and they orchestrated Gaby's stay over here as a big prank. And I know that Brit also arranged for Gaby to meet you, even though you knew that it was really Drew.

Well, today, those girls will pay the price when the faculty meets at Jack's Diner to discuss what they did. You are invited as well, Diane is coming too.

Jessica Bell

* * *

She got up and poured herself a steaming mug of coffee and smiled as she looked at a picture of Gaby.
'Ever since I met that young man, I have had a soft spot in my heart for him. I was all too ready to spill the beans about that masquerade foisted on Drew by Brit's scheming. Oh, I know that Debbie went along with her sister's scheme, but she could have defended Drew against Brit's unbridled attacks upon his masculinity. The worst of it is that Drew would have paid the price if he had been discovered. Now to see them pay the price.'

She sat down and responded.

Jessica,

I will be there, you can count on that! I loaned Drew my bike to practice on, and Diana built a special bike for the Atlanta Winter Classic. Drew has many friends here, even though most think of Drew as Gaby, our English Rose. Unless I am mistaken, the entire team will be there.

Erin.

* * *

Principal Shaun Roberts was getting impatient, Jessica had abused her authority as Parent Teacher Organization administrator when she organized the upcoming meeting to punish the Walters' girls by ignoring him, and he would have it out with her, TODAY!

He was well aware of the fact that Drew was over here as Gaby, and why. He to kept mum about it from Jocelyn, but Jessica's actions left him feeling like a fool! Time to set things right!

He toggled the intercom, "Betty! get in here!"

"Yes, Sir, Mister Roberts," replied the frightened Mrs. Johnson.

She entered his office, "Anything wrong, Shaun?" she asked timidly.

He blushed, "Sorry about that, Betty. I'm not mad at you, at all. I'm furious with Jessica," he sighed.

She sat down, "Why?"

"Jessica organized this meeting at Jack's to punish the Walter's girls without asking me, THAT'S why."

"And what would you have done if you'd known?"

"I'd have told Jocelyn as per the rules."

"But, she is their mother, and we are not supposed to inform the parents of any actions before they are enacted. And if Jocelyn knows before hand, she will make them apologize and pull them out of all activities, limiting us in the school's verdict."

He sighed, You're BOTH right! I just hate that she had to do it."

"Shaun, Jessica has always put the welfare of the students ahead of any rules or regulations."

"I know, Betty. And I can not fault her for that, nor for her circumventing the established procedures. It's just that now, she has by her actions established a NEW procedure. And knowing the board, they'll deliberate over it and NOT enact it until another situation comes up," he sighed.

"Then, why not get with Jess and push the new procedure through?"

"I'll do just that, if you draw up the proposal."

"Sure thing. I'll wait until this fiasco is over and done with, THEN I'll do it," she smiled.

Shaun looked outside and saw Jocelyn getting out of her car, looking angry as her daughters meekly got out, "DAMN! Looks as if she knows, already.

* * *

Jocelyn Walters was furious with her daughters! by happenstance, she had found an article in Sports Weekly about Jenny Bond and her family, which made absolutely no mention of her daughter Gaby Bond.

Looking at the accompanying picture of Drew, she saw Gaby and instantly knew that she had been lied to. Keeping her peace, she sent an E-Mail to Jenny Bond in order to ferret out the truth.

* * *

Jenny Bond,

I am Jocelyn Walters, mother of Brit and Debbie. I apologize for not contacting you earlier, but I have been busy with my job, and foolishly believed my daughters when they told me that Drew was Gaby. I did not know it at the time, but they hacked into my personal computer at home and changed Drew's gender to female.

They listed her as Gabrielle Drew Bond, twin of your son, David Andrew Bond. According to the transcript, Drew stayed over there in Warsop to compete in several races in order to defend his title.

I have read about both teens competing in races, yet, never in the SAME race. THAT made me wonder whether or not Gaby was a twin, or cousin. I NEVER thought that those two had concocted the scheme to turn Drew into Gaby, nor their gambit to coerce him to BE Gaby during the trip.

I recently found out when I caught sight of an e-mail from Brit to Maddy Peters about pictures of Gaby for her school's yearbook. When I saw that it was really Drew, not Gaby, I knew that I had been played a fool by my daughters.

Well, now they are in trouble for falsifying records, blackmailing a student, and bullying said student, as well as endangerment. If they had come to us about Drew, things could have been worked out. We could have actually let Drew be himself while here, and Gaby in public.

We are not prudes, and accept the idea of Drew sleeping in the same room as his sister, Julie, but not our daughters. That is why he sleepover is such strong evidence against them. Having a boy at the sleepover breaks the cardinal rule of sleepovers. How easy would it be for a boy to get a girl in trouble at a sleepover?

My daughters are due to pay the price for their crime, I have already grounded both of them for the year, possibly until graduation. Unless I am mistaken, the school will take away their scholarships, forcing them to get jobs to fund their college years, because we will not help them with college, except for providing room and board.

Jocelyn Walters.

* * *

After Jenny Bond read the E-mail, she began to think about everything that Drew had gone through because of the Cultural Exchange Program and how his good nature had been used against him.

She thought about how the Walter's girls had said that Drew was a girl and how they had conspired to get him in skirts as often as possible. The fact that he had gotten hurt while racing, necessitating his wearing a skirt did not help.

Worst of all was that Maddy and Jules had went along with it, leading to Drew becoming Gaby for Warsop College's cheerleader team: Sherwood Foresters. If not for that, she was convinced that Drew would not have been targeted by Brit and Debbie to be Gaby while in America al the time, and Jocelyn Walters E-mail had just proven it!

It was one thing for Maddy Peters to get Drew to go to those cons as Gaby, and for Drew to have to borrow clothes from his family when he had his misadventures, but to have to be Gaby because of two immature girls was something else!

* * *

Jocelyn Walters,

I find your daughter's actions toward my son Drew to be reprehensible. It was one thing to pretend that he was a tomboy, but to cause him to be drafted into being a cheerleader as Gaby was too much! I know that they had help from Maddy Peters and my daughter, Jules, but they at least are smart enough to help keep my son safe from being outed.

I am not sure if Maddy had anything to do with Drew having only his Gaby clothes packed or not, but your daughters blackmailed Drew into being Gaby, using his good nature against him. As far as I am concerned, I hope that your daughters NEVER return!

Brit made sure that Drew was Gaby when they visited me in Germany while your daughters were here during the trip. Brit is worse than Maddy about getting Drew in skirts, Maddy only does it at the cons that she invites Drew to. The only other times that Drew is Gaby is when he must borrow clothing after an accident.

Jenny Bond.

* * *

Back at Jack's Diner, Jack, J.J. and Sandy were getting the diner ready for the meeting while Daisy Mae was home, babysitting her baby brother, Ronald.

Sandy now felt at ease around them after the revelation of Jack's wife Joan and how J.J. loved her. She was contemplating whether or not to tell J.J. about her gaffe that gave her a realistic vagina. She wondered what sex would feel like, but worried that sex would ruin their relationship. That was when she KNEW that she was a woman, not a girl.

She had found acceptance of who she was thanks to her British sister Em. She had by her presence and sweet nature had overcome Sandy's dad's attitude.

Sandy would do anything for her in gratitude, what she NEVER expected was her just now realized relationship with J.J. After listening to J.J. and Jack, she knew that she'd found what her heart desired, a boyfriend.

She knew that they'd have to carefully balance the work schedule to avoid playing favorites, which Jack did his best to be impartial, but he also had to remember his employees home life and how it impacted on their ability to work.

Jack had Daisy Mae, Sandy, and the Olsen twins, Jill and Jane as waitresses and cooks and J.J. as relief cook, but the twins were attending college, and Daisy Mae's employment might soon need to end.

Her parents couldn't afford to hire a babysitter while her dad worked and her mother cared for him during the day. Ronald was born premature because of a drunk driver who'd hit the car while the family was at Grottoes Multiplex to watch the latest Disney movie.

Daisy Mae had graduated from college with a degree in Child Care, but she knew that her mother needed a break from caring for Ronald. They'd applied for assistance, but they made too much money, leaving them to rely heavily upon their health insurance.

Unfortunately, their policy did not cover Ronald's child care and the company that Daisy Mae's dad worked for would not let him bring Ronald to the company's child care facilities, leaving the family in a bind.

Daisy Mae loved working at Jack's Diner, but what with Ronald's increasing needs, she had to give up her job in order to help her parent care for Ronald. But what none of them knew was that events would conspire to help the family get the help that they needed.

* * *

Sandy came out of the employee's lounge, wearing her uniform, "Jack, who will I have helping me tonight?"

"The twins will both be here after they get out of college for the day. Daisy Mae, unfortunately has to stay home and care for her brother again. Are YOU ready?"

Sandy smiled, "Yes, Jack. After going home last night and telling my parents about how J.J. feels about me, they want to meet my beau," she sighed.

J.J. blushed, Dad, isn't meeting Sandy's family tantamount to us being engaged?"

Sandy wanted to slap her beau until Jack responded, "Son, do you not LOVE Sandy that much?"

"I DO Dad, but I am worried that they might push for an early wedding. As much as I love Sandy, but I don't want to rush things."

She smiled, "Don't worry about my parents, they're still getting use to me being their daughter, and Daddy just recently started calling me Princess, J.J."

Jack looked at Sandy, "Well, technically, you are a prince, NOT a princess," he smirked.

Sandy stared at him, gobsmacked as she imitated a fish.

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" yelled J.J.

Jack hugged Sandy, "Please forgive me, Sandy. But I NEVER meant to hurt you," he pleaded.

"Then, [sniff] why did you say it?' she wept.

"I meant it as a joke, Sweetheart. Until you have your surgery,, you are still, technically a male," he explained.

"Dad, Sandy knows more about it than you do. I know that you went through it with Mom, but things could have changed since then. Did you not see her I.D. when she applied for work?"

Jack slapped his forehead, "WHAT A FOOL I HAVE BEEN!" he exclaimed.

Sandy kissed him, "Jack, thanks to Momma, my school records show me as a girl. That's why my driver's license, birth certificate and student I.D. lists me as female."

J.J. chuckled, "Dad, I think that you owe my girl a very big apology."

"You're right, son. I most definitely do."

Sandy blushed, "That's alright, Jack..."

"SANDY, DO NOT LET ME, OR ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN. YOU HAVE WON THAT RIGHT. YOUR DADDY SEES YOU AS A PRINCESS, J.J. IS YOUR BEAU, AND I AM YOUR SON TO BE FATHER-IN-LAW." Jack said, firmly.

Sandy kissed him, "Now where is my apology? Eh?"

Jack knelt before her, "Sandy, I most humbly apologize for hurting you. Am I forgiven?"

She touched him on the shoulder, "You are forgiven knave," she giggled.

"Dad, I AM supposed to kneel before her, not you."

"Don't worry, Beloved. you will have plenty of time to do that," she replied as she kissed J.J.

Jack sighed, "Glad that that is cleared up, but I still worry about Daisy Mae, she loves working here, but must help take care of her brother, Ronald."

"Medicare and Medicaid refuse to help?"

"Yes, her dad and mother make too much."

Then, the twins came in, giving Sandy an idea, " Tina, Rita, can you two handle everything for awhile?"

They looked at each other, then Tina replied," I guess that we can, why Sandy?"

"Does this have anything to do with Daisy Mae?"

Sandy looked at Jack with pleading eyes, "Yes, if you can handle things with J.J. and Jack, I can call my dad and see if he can help Daisy Mae out. Ever since he's been in group therapy, he's developed contacts that should help her."

Jack smiled, "Go ahead, Sandy. Daisy Mae's needs override your waitress duties."

Sandy smiled and went into Jack's office.

* * *

John Jones picked up his office phone, "Hello, Jones residence. Who's calling, please?'

"Daddy, it's Sandy."

"What's wrong, Princess?"

"Why do you think that?"

"Because you only call me on my personal line if there's trouble," he chuckled.

"OK, you're right Daddy, but I'm not calling for me."

"Then why are you calling?"

"Daddy, you have contacts with Medicare and Medicaid, right?"

"Yes, through the therapy group, why?"

"Because, there is a waitress, Daisy Mae who is having to quit because of
Medicare and Medicaid."

"Explain."

"Medicare and Medicaid refuse to put her brother Ronald on their program because her parents make too much money."

"I see, and Daisy Mae is having to care for her brother?"

"Yes, Daddy."

"Well, I go to therapy later tonight while your mother attends the meeting."

"What about Kevin?"

"He'll be with me, Princess."

"OK."

"I'll ask the contacts, and see if Daisy Mae's brother can be placed in the program. But there's a price that YOU have to pay."

"What's that?"

"A kiss and hug from my Princess," he chuckled.

"Daddy, you're silly! Of course I'll do it! Think of something else," she giggled.

"OK, dinner for us at Jack's, you included."

"OK, Daddy."

"Love you, Princess."

"Love you too, Daddy."

"Bye."

"Later."

* * *

"Who was that, John?" asked Mary as she came into his office wearing a dark gray woolen with matching tights and boots.

"That was Princess, she has a job for me to do at the session, tonight."

"Oh? what is it," she smiled, glad that he called Sandy 'Princess'.

"There's a waitress, Daisy Mae, whose parents have been denied Medicare and Medicaid because they make too much. But they need it to help care for her brother, Ronald."

"And what can you do?"

"I can ask the others in the group if they can help."

"You think that they can?"

"Yes, it's held in the County Courthouse, and one is a clerk in Medicare."

Mary hugged John, "I'm so proud of you," she sighed as she smiled.

"Oh?"

"Yes, you called Sandy 'Princess' instead of ignoring her, or charging her a price."

"Well, I am over my fear, but I DID charger her," he admitted.

"Why?"

"She insisted."

"She would,being so generous. What is the price?"

"Dinner for our family, including her at Jack's."

"John, you know that Jack just might give it to us."

"I know, but I want one dinner there with her as family, not a waitress," he sighed.

"John, you know that we have left there after a meal, letting Sandy pay for it."

"I know, I wish that there was a record of that," he sighed.

"There is."

"Where?"

"I've kept the receipts in a box under the bed, hoping that one day that you'd reimburse Sandy."

"How much?"

"$250, plus tip."

"Then I will give her $750, please don't tell." he declared.

"I promise."

After snuggling for a few minutes, they left, Mary to Jack's and John and Kevin to the courthouse.

* * *

Back at Erin's Cyclery, Erin was meeting Diana Biggs and Sally Brooks to discuss their mutual business arrangement, cycling. When Erin had sponsored the Grottoes' cycling team, Team Grottoes,she'd never thought about Diana using Biggs' Fabrication to build custom bikes, but Diane had wanted to lose weight and chose cycling as her means to do so.

She'd bought her first bike from Erin who'd tailored the bike to Diana's build, little knowing that it would lead to Diana having Biggs' Fabrication develop a program to build custom bikes.

Erin had no qualms about that as Biggs' Fabrication built the frame while she supplied the rest of the equipment. For most of the local cyclists, one of Erin's bikes was good enough, but for those truly to cycling, only the customized bikes from Biggs' Fabrication would do.

Earlier this year, they'd met the lovely English Rose, Gaby Bond from Warsop, England. She'd joined Team Grottoes for the Atlanta Winter Classic and helped them to win. The fact that Gaby was in reality Drew did not matter.

Britney had brought Gaby to Erin's Cyclery so that she could ask Erin if she could borrow a bike. What she was not ready for was Erin's knowing WHO Gaby really was. It was only because of Gaby's request that Erin hadn't told Brit's parents, but now Brit and Deb were soon to pay for their prank, and Erin hoped that Jocelyn would forgive her for not telling her before now.

Jocelyn loved her daughter and tended to spoil them by NOT grounding them as hard as she should. She remembered her own childhood and how she too had tested her parents resolve when she was a teen with Erin as her partner in teen mayhem.

Growing up together, they'd adopted each other as sisters to thwart the cliques and boy gangs attempts to bully them. Jocelyn and Erin were both on the tiny side, and the cliques and boys tended to bully them. If not for Ellen and her clique, Jocelyn and Erin would have been alone.

Erin and Jocelyn had grown up together in Grottoes, and were Augusta Middle School Cheerleaders and on the Augusta High School Dance Team; the August Lioness. Jocelyn had gone on and married, but Erin had yet to find a husband.

Oh, Erin had had her boyfriends, but in the end, none had wanted anything after they had become lovers. She had become bitter to men after her first, but Ellen had helped her to see that she was better off without him.

She was right, too. Jason Robson had been found guilty of child abandonment. He'd gotten twin sisters Monica and Madelyn Black pregnant, and instead of staying to help provide for his children, had skipped town. Sheriff Roscoe Reynolds had tracked him down and brought him back to face justice, which was swift.

His estate was supporting both mothers while they continued their schooling and graduated. Even though both were married, the children were still supported by his estate until they finished their schooling.

* * *

"Erin, you ready?"

"Almost, just looking at our display."

Diane approached the display of the two bikes that Gaby rode while in Grottoes and a copy of her racing skins from the Atlanta Winter Classic displayed upon a mannequin duplicate of Gaby.

On the walls were scenes from her practice races and her with Lance Armstrong, her winning the race and scenes of her on the podium as well as her with her family and their Team Apollaniris friends.

"You miss our English Rose,[sniff] too. sniff] Dont'cha, Erin?" asked a tearful Diana.

"Yes, [sigh] I do. She graced us with her beauty and grace, in spite of the fact that she wanted to be Drew."

"I know how you feel. I came up with the idea to use her celebrity status to promote our businesses, but I NEVER wanted, nor hinted that she should not become Drew while racing."

Erin turned towards her younger friend, "No, THAT was due to Britney and Debbie. Their pranking sealed his fate. Drew could NEVER appear without raising questions that if answered, would cause trouble for both schools," she sighed.

"Come, we can reminisce about Gaby over a cup of coffee before the meeting. I know that I need too."

"OK."

Diane led Erin into the office where there was pot of coffee warming with a plate of sweet pastries on it. She prepared them both a steaming mug of the brew and brought them and the sweets to the desk on a silver tray.

"MMMM, this creamer makes the coffee extra special, Di. Where did you find it?"

"Derek found it at the new 'Coffee Emporium' next to the shop," she replied as she sat down and placed a tin of the creamer on the desk.

"Must be expensive," she observed as she nibbled on a cheese danish.

"Only if you over do it, it comes in pellets. One will cream a cup, even when the coffee is strong. These mugs took two each."

"Thanks, Di. Too bad Gaby never wanted any. She prefers her hot tea."

"Same with all of those from England. But what was best about the trip was learning from Gaby."

"Yes, that's why I am worried about Jocelyn."

"Why, Erin?"

"Because she'll think that I betrayed our friendship bt NOT telling her about Gaby."

"Well, you two, Jack, and Daddy grew up together, surely she'll listen to you when you explain why you didn't."

"Di, she'll also want to know why you didn't tell her."

Diane looked at the wall clock, "Time to leave for the meeting."

"OK, get in the truck and I'll give you a ride."

"OK."

* * *

Carol Peters waited while Maddy got tea ready. She knew that Maddy needed to talk about the trip so that she could give voice to her part in Drew's being Gaby for the trip to America. She knew that Maddy loved getting Drew to become Gaby, but she also made sure that Drew was safe from being outed by being in the company of friends and family who'd keep him safe. But not so with Britney and Debbie. Carol needed to know just how involved Maddy was in their plan.

Maddy brought the tea tray, laden with the tea service and the steamy turkey and cheese sarnies, "Tea is served, Madam," Maddy snickered.

Carol poured tea into her cup and added the condiments, "Thanks, Maddy. ut I need to know just how involved you were in Brit and Deb's plan," she explained.

"I wasn't Mum. They wanted me to make sure that Drew only packed his Gaby clothes, but I refused to help," she sighed.

"Yet you always got Drew to be Gaby at all of the cons, dear."

"Mum, Drew was NEVER in any danger at the cons. A lot of guys go as girls. I'd NEVER endanger my Drewbie."

Carol smiled, "I know, Maddy. But you needed to voice your attitude about Drew/Gaby. I know that he tends to have misadventures where he must borrow clothes from you, Jules, or Jenny, but that's altogether different."

"Mum, do you think that Drew does it so that he becomes Gaby?"

"I don't know. I don't think that he even knows."

"OK. What about Brit and Deb?"

"There's a meting over in Grottoes where their discussing a proper punishment for them."

"GOOD! they caused Drew nothing but grief while over there!" fumed Maddy.
* * *


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-12 by Stanman63

Grottoes-12
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

Back at Jack's Diner, everything was ready. Jack had brought out the ancient oak podium used whenever there were any award dinners, graduation parties, or roasts, but this was the first time that it was used to pass judgment.

As he connected up the mike to the speakers, he got a pleasant surprise, "I see that you've gotten everything ready, Boss."

"Daisy Mae? Is that you?"

"Yep, it's me," she giggled.

He hugged her, "But what about your brother?"

"Don't worry about him, my cousin Ariel moved in and she's gonna take care of him, now. She's a certified nurse."

"But doesn't she need to work?"

"No, Ariel retired on her fiftieth birthday. she has a thirty year pension and retirement account as well as Social Security."

"Good, we need you tonight. Even with the twins helping, we'll be swamped," announced Sandy as she hugged Daisy Mae.

Then, the chime announced a customer entering, it was Aidan, Diana Biggs, and Jessica Bell. Behind them were the Walters and Erin.

J.J. went to them, "Please follow me to the private section."

"Nice to see you, J.J. When did you get back?"

"Just recently, Aidan. Why? Want to go riding?"

"Why not? Erin and Diana are heading up the Grottoes Express. Did you read about the race?"

"I did. That Gaby made a difference for the Team."

"She did, J.J. that's why was call her our English Rose, Right, Di?"

"Right Erin."

"I'm sure that the exploits of Drew are well meant. But I want to get to the matter at hand, namely my daughter's culpability in his being Gaby."

"DADDY!" they chorused.

"DON'T 'DADDY' ME, YOU TWO! YOU HAVE PULLED YOUR LAST PRANK! YOUR MOTHER AND I HAVE HEARD YOUR REASONING AND IT DOES 'NOT' WORK! JUST BECAUSE YOU WANTED FOR THEM TO STAY UNDER THE ROOF WITH YOU, YOU MADE HIM BE GABY!" Donald Walters fumed.

"And we are pulling both of you from any school activities and cancelling your scholarship accounts. You two will be getting jobs to fund your going to college," informed Jocelyn.

"Yes Ma'am," chorused the girls, meekly.

The Principal cleared his throat, "Jocelyn, Donald, THAT is your decision. The school now must decide their punishment."

"Would saying we're sorry and won't do it again, help?"

"No, Brit, it most certainly will not! You two have a history of abusing others. It's time for it to stop, Past time," Jennifer Ball declared.

"But we we're not the only ones in on it!"

"Be that as it may, Debbie. Without you're instigation, nothing would have happened," announced Fran.

"Shouldn't we let the girls get to the prosecution chairs?" asked Erin.

Seargent At Arms Frank Pillings stepped up, "This way, you two."

As he silently led the girls to the two chairs to podium's left, the faculty took their seats behind tables laden with carafes of coffee and tea with cream, sweetner, milk and water and cups on a tray.

Behind the podium, Principal ****banged the gavel, "Faculty of Augusta High School, weare met tonight to pas judgement upon two of our students who have been instrumental in the abuse of a visiting student. Are there any pleas for leniency?"

Aidan raised his hand.

"Aidan, as the student representative, what does the student body say?"

He stood up, "Your Honor, I was privelaged to ride with Gaby. Until after the race, I never saw Gaby as Drew. Nor did any student."

"And the judgement?"

"The Walters' girls should be punished for abusing Drew, but NOT for causing him harm by being outed as that never happened. But mental cruelty did happen."

"Very well. And what of the faculty's decision?"

Fran raised her hand.

"Fran as the representative of the faculty, what does the faculty say?"

"Your honor, Gaby was a shining example of her culture. She not only competed in the cheer competition, but she also competed and won the Atlanta Winter Classic. But as for Drew, we feel that he was denied any time thanks to the accused. We want to see them punished for their actions."

"Diana, Erin. even tough we do not normally ask for alumni these proceedings, because of your association with Gaby, Please tell the Court of your interaction with Gaby."

"Your honor, Brit brought Gaby to my bike shop so that she could ride while over here. But neither were ready for my revalation about knowing that Gaby was Drew."

"Why did you not tell Brit's parents or the staff?"

"Because Gaby asked me not too. But if things had gotten too much for Gaby, I would have. Riding seemed to have been the outlet that Drew needed."

"Very well, And what about you, Diana?"

"I knew all about Gaby. But I saw a great budsiness oppurtunity in her. So I built a bike for her and Maddy Peters. Gaby rode on Erin's for practice, mine for thee. And now both Erin and I have pictures of Gaby on the bike while she has the bike and her skins on display."

"So, according to your testimony, Gaby as simply a way to make money."

"No, your Honor."

"Explain."

"My father taught me to value human life over profit. There have been many times that Dad and I lost a customer because of refusing to endanger anybody to make their project quicker. Gaby was our English Ros. We all love her."

"Then why did you not allow Drew to become Drew during his rides?"

"We would have, your Honor, if he'd wished it."

Mister Walters, please approach the bench."

Donald Walters stepped up, "Yes, Your Honor?"

"Did you are your wife know about this deception?"

"No, your Honor. Not until after the Trip when this trial was set up."

"What are your reactions?"

"As the Court can see, BOTH girls are dresed as Drew was when he was a cheerleader."

"Why is that?"

"To teach them a bit about what their choices and how the choices can and do hurt others. They shall wear them to school, tomorrow, with your permission."

"Very well, Brit and Deb, step forth."

The two girls, now dressed in copies of the Sherwood Forresters uniforms and hosiry came up.

"You two must be very cold in those uniforms. Quite unlike the winter uniforms of Augusta's team I bet."

Neither girl looks up at him, but cry silently as their disgrace is heaped upon them as pictures are taken.

"Yes, I can see how a young man would enjoy seeing either of you in such a uniform. So easy to get the wrong idea about the wearer."

"But your Honor, I was never a cheerleader!"

"True, but you are as guilty as your sister of blackmailing Drew into beng Gaby and wearing THAT uniform for the competition."

"But your Honor, without Gaby, her team would not have made it."

"That is NO EXCUSE for what you two did! You two NEVER considered Drew's mental, nor physical health. What if Drew NEVER reverts back? What if Drew gets outed? You only saw another stupid prank to play. Even now, you try to ignore your guilt."

"What is the verdict, your Honor?"

"Mister Walters, your daughters are banned from any clubs and extra cirricular activities as well as exempt from any scholarships. And any further incidents will be met with expulsion."

"Thank you, your Honor."

"Your Honor, are my daughters to wear them to school?"

"No, Mrs. Walters. But they are to wear the Warsop College Girl's Winter Uniform. From what I understand, it is a bit drafty."

"Your Honor, the girl's can wear the slacks instead of the skirt," offered Debbie.

"No, you will be wearing the skirts, just as you had 'Gaby' wear. You seemed to enjoy seeing 'Gaby' wearing skirts and getting a chill. Time for you two to get to know how it feels."

"But what about paying for the new uniforms, your Honor?"

"Brittney, the funds will be coming from your after school job, if any will hire you, that is."

Jack raised his hand, "May I speak, your Honor?"

"Yes, please do, Jack."

"Erin, Diane, and I have been discussing Brittney's and Debbie's situation. And we hae come up with a solution."

"And what is your solution?"

"Weekdays, they shall work for me as waitresses, and Saturday, for Erin or Diane, helping with Grottoes Express."

"Very well. Any uniforms for Saturdays?"

"They will be wearing a Team Grottoes uniform under sweats."

"Erin, Diane, Jack. Will the girls be safe under your care?"

"As owner and operator of my diner, I promise that they will e safe," announced Jack.

"The girls will be safe, caring for the bikes, "announced Erin.

"I have a perfect safety record, your Honor, and as long as they follow the safety rules, wil stay safe," promised Diane.

"Very well, Brtit and Deb, stand up for the verdict."

The girls stood up, trembling.

"You are to the Warsop College Girl's Uniform to school for the foreseeable future, and work as waitresses at Jack's Diner, wekdays, at Erin's Cyclery or Biggs Fabrications on Saturday and wear uniforms appropriate for the job."

"Thank you, your Honor," they chorused.

"Case dissmissed."

* * *

With the ending of Court, the participants quickly set abot and ordered their dinners as Sandy ordered the girls to help her carry the podium to the back, "Believe me, I know how you feel, wearing those costume. I was embarrased when I saw how I looked when I wore the Xena costume, last Halloween."

"But Sandy, you were a knock out! And you won first prize, too," complained Brit.

"Yeah! And wearing those fishnet hose made it really stand out," added Deb.

"Thanks! But that was the first time that I ever wore anything so sexy. Before that, I would go as a clown, or something goofy because I felt that I was ugly," she sighed.

"You, ugly! Sandy, MOST of the girls think that you have a figure to die for! And that you are the prettiest one in school."

"Deb, how can I trust what either of you say after you two were punished?"

They hugged her, "Sandy, We wouldn't try anything to hurt you, again. We only prank you once," promised Brit.

"Oh? what about Drew?" smirked Sandy.

"OK, we went overboard, there," sighed Deb.

"But it was so much fun," added Brit.

"OK. You know, if you girl wear blue hose, or tights with that school uniform, all that you'll need to do is wear an apron," opined Sandy as she held out her hands to show off her uniform.

"Yeah, but the skirt is a bit shorter than yours."

"Then do what I do, and keep a skirt, here, you two."

"Sure, but why do you wear a skrt and black hose?"

"Jack's idea of adding class to the diner, Deb. You have to admit that the white blouse and black skirt does ake me look as if I'm a ecretary, or attorney," Sandy smiled.

"Yeah, just as long as you don't get aything on it," giggled Brit.

"Well, the room is ready, now. Go back into the employee's lounge. Your parents brought you two a change of clothes."

The girls hugged Sandy, "Thanks," they chorused.

They went into the lounge and took off the skirted leotard, but kept the thick tights on, due to the cold weather and donned the thermal underwear, jeans and sweater, grateful to have worn a sports bra.

As they pulled up their woolen socks and tied their shoes, their parents knocked on the door, "Girls, are you ready?"

"Yes, Mother," they chorused, as Brit opened the door.

She huged them, "Ihate that we've had to do this, but you two needed to learn a lesson," she sighed.

"Mom, being a cheerleader, it wasn't that bad, except for the fact that it was Gaby that I saw in the mirror."

"Me too. Then I knew a bit of what we'd put poor Drew through, making him be Gaby."

"Deb, you know that Donald and I aren't the prudes that you told the Bonds that we are, right?

"Yes," she admitted.

"And that tricking Drew into being Gaby was intentional. You just couldn't resist keeping up the joke. Right Brit?"

"Yes, Mom," she admitted.

"What do you think that Donald and I would've done IF we'd known?"

"Probably have Drew sleep on the sofa in Dad's study."

"Well, that, or let him sleep with his sister as Gaby. But what we are really dissapointed about is your not thinking about his safety. Do you know why the cheerleaders aren't allowed to wear the uniforms in public, except for sponsores events?"

"No, why Mom?"

"Because a few years ago, a cheerleader was attacked after getting her picture taken with Santa. Luckily, she had help, or she might have been hurt, Brit."

"I didn't know," said an overwhelmed Brit.

"Come on, girls. Time for you to to get to be," said Donald as he looked into the open door.

* * *

"Brit, Deb, a word with you before you go to bed."

"Yes, Daddy?' asked Brit.

"Did either of you have any designs on Drew?"

"What do you mean?"

"Deb, I am worried that either, or both of you might have done more han dress Drew up as Gaby," sighed Donald.

Brit jumped up. "DADDY! I WOULD NEVER DO IT WITH A BOY! I RESPECT MYSELF TOO MUCH TO ENGAGE IN SUCH AN ACT!" she yelled.

"AND I LIKE DREW TOO MUCH TO EVEN TRY IT! HE LOVES MADDY TO MUCH!" added Deb.

Donald smiled, "Even tough you two yelled at me, your responne tells me that you two are telling the truth. As your parents, we must make sure that you stay safe."

"But Daddy, what if we did get pregnant?"

Joeclyn hugged her daughters, "Then the new mother would be sharing her rom with her child while the basement was being refited for her and her child."

"But Daddy wants it refitted as a family room," objected Deb.

"True, but family comes first in this home," promised Joeclyn.

"Are you two ready for bed?"

Both girls stood up, wearing a sleep shirt with a knee length hem and sweats with their tights.

"Yes, Daddy, and we've decided to wear our tights to bed, too."

"Why, Brit?"

"Because, this way, we are doing what Gaby did at times. She would wear hose under her jeans to kep warm," announced Deb.

"Oh, and you two wat to identify more with Gaby, now."

The gitls hugged him, "Yes, Daddy," they chorused.

Donald and Joeclyn left the girls after they'd sent them on to their rooms, but stayed up, talking about recent events.

"Don, I'm woried about our girls," she confessed as she shimmied into her night gown.

"Because of Drew," he stated matter of factly.

"Yes, even now, I still see him as a girl. He looks so much like Maddy, that that I can't help but wonder if our daughtrs are lesbians," she sighed.

"Well, if they are, wil you still love them?"

"Of course! But I'd still find it hard to see them kissing a girl!"

"Joeclyn, didn't you have a fling with that Jessop girl, in college?"

"Don, you know that just me exploring who I was, and Sandra married Paul, remember?"

"Yes, so why are you worrying about our daughters?"

"Because, they have no brothers."

"But they have Dan Martin and Aidan who were just like brothers."

"So, you're saying to let them be themselves and accet who they are."

"Yes, I'd say that's what Drew would say, if he was here."

"Well, YOU'RE here! And I need you."

"I'm here for you."

Turning out the lights, they met as only loving couples meet and found pleasure in each others embrace as their daughters sent an e-mail, telling about their new status.

* * *

In Warsop, Maddy Peters had just booted up her computer for her homework when she saw that she had a message from the Colonies.

Maddy.

No doubt you've heard about Deb and me being ut on trial, well, now it's over. We've both lost any scholarships, and the right to attend any school sponsored events, and clubs. But we deserve it.

Now, we are working for Jack, Erin and Diana in order to save up money for collge, working for him weekdays, Erin and Diane on Satudays, and we are to wear a copy of the girl's school uniform for Warsop College, too.

We want to apologise to Drew for what we've done, but are afraid that his parents would be mad at us, but we understand about how they feel. But at least Drew has forgiven us.

Brit.
* * *

Maddy sighed, remembering just how much her mum had ranted after hearing about their pranking and how close that she'd come to being lumped in with the Walters' girls. While it was true that Maddy loved it when Drew was Gaby, she also knew how dangerous it was.

That was why she'd made sure that Gaby had friends whenever she was about, but what was uncanny was Drew's ability to become Gaby simply by wearing a skirt, uch to his chagrin. He couldn't it if he made such a cute girl.

Brit,

Thank you for telling me what happened, but you two still have Drew's and my 'rents mad. Mum was ready to ground me because of my tendancy to get Drew to become Gaby. But I will let everybody know what happened.

Maddy.


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-13 by Stanman63

Grottoes-13
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

In the Jone's residence, they were getting ready for bed , in Kevin's room, tucking him in.

"Daddy, why are you crying?"

John placed a gentle hand on Kevin's forehead, "Sport, I was thinking about how close I came to losing your sister because I was so hateful because I couldn't accept her. But the Walter's love and cherish their daughters, yet they've hurt others with their pranking," he sighed.

"John, you are a good man who has finally opened his heart to his daughter. Now I see the man that I fell in love with, years ago. You are a strong man, Beloved. Only a strong man will cry," Mary declared as she hugged him.

"WHAT ABOUT ME? DON"T I NEED LOVING?"

Mary giggled, Yes, Kiddo. We're just a couple of big kids."

"Want me to tell you a story?"

"Sure, Daddy."

"OK, One day, there was a young boy who was hungry, he was an orphan, and alone. He was in the country, looking for a family to love him. He found a small house with a garden that needed tending and an elderly couple in the garden tending it. The boy approached the couple and asked, "What are you doing?"

"We are weeding our garden. Come, we are about to stop for lunch. Are you hungry?"

"Yes, thank you."

So, the boy at lunch with the couple, and helped them to weed the garden. That night, he slept on a cot, warm and cozy after wishing on a falling star.

The star was a wish fairy who heard his wish for a family, and granted the wish. The next day, he woke up to find that the cot was a small bed and he had many clothes, the old couple was now young."

"I wish that fairy was real, for Sandy," sighed Kevin.

"Sport, in a way, she did grant it by sending us Em."

"I know, Daddy. But Sandy would like to have been a girl, growing up. Right?"

Mary hugged him, "When did our son get so wise?"

Kevin blushed, "Night Momma. Night Daddy."

[*][*][*]

Back at Jack's Diner, they were cleaning up. Sandy and Daisy Mae were wiping down the dining room while J.J. was making sure that his delivery truck was ready to deliver the prepared meals to the customers. Jack had started a catering service that had branched out to a meals on wheels program.

The catering truck delivered fresh meals around town and served as a mobile diner for those working at construction sites when not being used to cater parties. The popularity of Jack's Catering had proven to be a mixed blessing during the spring when they were deluged with requests, getting Jack to invest in another catering truck.

"J.J., have you looked into getting a new catering truck?

"Not really, before I do that, we need to think about hiring new waitresses and cooks."

"We are both cooks, are you sure that you want to hire another?"

"Dad, Sandy can cook almost as good as you, or me. She'd be the best choice as she knows the business and our clients."

"If we do that, then Daisy Mae will become our Head Waitress in place of Sandy. Who do we get to help her?"

"Why not the Walters' girls? They may be here as a punishment, but if they do as good as I think they will, they'd be perfect since that way they'd have a steady income and able to save for college."

"Good idea, let's talk to Sandy and Daisy Mae and get their opinion."

Daisy Mae and Sandy came into the stockroom where Jack and J.J. were loading up the delivery truck, standing on the rear concrete dock, "Jack, Sandy and I are through. Anything else?"

"Yes. we are thinking about starting a catering business, but we need more waitresses for it, and possibly a new cook. Any ideas?"

"Sandy is an excellent cook. And she can easily take prepared meal and add the final touches better than I can. But do you want Brit and Debbie as waitresses?"

"HEY! DON"T I GET A SAY IN THIS?!" asked an incredulous Sandy.

J.J. smiled. Sandy, if we actually start this sideline, YOU will be involved as a waitress, or cook.

"I figured that out, but DON'T draft me into doing a damned thing! ASK." she huffed.

"Daisy Mae giggled, "Guess our little girl has finally gained her courage. That little girl from England must have done a number on you."

"She did," Sandy agreed. "And helped me with my family, too."

"In what way, Sandy? I wasn't here when they were, you know."

Jack took pity on me and spoke for me, "When Em came over, she taught her family how to accept Sandy for who she is and to forgive the past."

Daisy Mae hugged Sandy, "Poor girl! I understand. No girl wants to lose a baby."

"Thanks, Daisy Mae. Em did help to heal my family. And for that, I am forever grateful."

'Daisy Mae believes that I got pregnant and lost the child. How ironic since I was born a boy and am transitioning into a woman.' thought Sandy.

"Daisy, do you think that you could work with Brittney or her sister Debbie when Sandy runs our catering division?"

"Sure, but will Jack's Catering have new uniforms?"

"Jack, currently, we can easily remove our waitress apron and look like we're business women. For the catering division, we need to wear a uniform of some sort, even if it's jeans and a t-shirt with 'JACK'S CATERING' on it."

"Dad, she has a point. we can get a t-shirt made and for the more posh events, have a waitress uniform dress like the one that Mary Jane wore in 'Spiderman.' I'm sure that the girls could deal with that."

"J.J., as long as the hem is down to the knees like our skirts."

"Sandy, Jack's Diner is a 'FAMILY RESTAURANT.' NOT anything like Hooters."

"True, but I am worried about how Brittney and Debbie's employment here will influence their uniforms, and ours."

Jack cleared his throat, "Sandy, you like them, don't you."

"Yes, even though they did pull a prank on me, I know that it was in good fun. And as an older girl, I feel that it's my duty to protect them from any undue retaliation," she admitted.

"OK, your catering uniform will be a 'Jack's Catering' t-shirt and jeans for casual and a waitress dress for formal with a knee length hem line," promised Jack.

"Thanks, Jack. That takes a load off of my mind," sighed Sandy.

"You think that some of the 'boys' will try something?"

"Yes, Daisy Mae. Even though you've graduated, too many boys see you as easy because you are an unwed mother. Who know what they'll think of those girls if they were to dress in revealing uniforms."

"Sandy, my baby's father and his buddies are paying child support for getting me drunk after graduation. I'm grateful that Mom and Dad didn't get mad at me and are helping me to raise Joshua."

"I know, but there are other students who support you, and the faculty does too. in fact, because of you, Augusta High School is considering a program to help unwed mothers to graduate."

"Oh?"

"Tell her Sandy! You know that you want to," chided J.J.

"Well, it's not yet been approved what with the Student Exchange Trip and recent events, but it will be approved at the next Board Meeting in the capitol."

Daisy hugged Sandy, "Not quite the way that I want to be remembered, but at least other girls will benefit."

"Ready to clock out?"

"Ready, Jack."

"Me too. Still have to pick up my order at Walgreen's."

"No need Sandy, Charlotte dropped it here," admitted Jack as he passed a small bag over to her.

"Anything wrong Sandy?"

"No Daisy Mae, just iron pills."

Jack escorted the girls to their cars, then got into the delivery van while J.J. locked up the diner and got in next to his dad and drove home.

* * *

The next day, Sandy woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs being prepared and the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. She stretched, luxuriating in her day off as she heard her dad call out, "Sandy, are you getting up or sleeping all day?"

She flung the sheet off of her, revealing her still hosed legs as she headed for the bathroom, "I'm getting up, Daddy. Anything planned for the day?"

John stood outside of the bathroom, "I was thinking about taking the cars to your school's Auto shop and letting them change the oil and transmission fluids unless you have a better idea."

"Daddy, why don't we do it? I need to learn car maintenance and this will teach me what I need to know."

John smiled at her, "Are you sure? I don't want for you to feel that I am trying to get you to do anything."

"Daddy, when I go off to college, I'll need to take care of myself. Knowing about car maintenance will help will help me to know when a mechanic is trying to pull a fast one. Besides, it'll give us some 'father/daughter' time."

"OK, after breakfast, we'll get into the coveralls and head out to the garage."

Sandy opened the door, now ready for the day, wearing a pink tank top and matching shorts, "Coveralls, Daddy? Are you expecting me to volunteer," Sandy giggled.

"Well. I hoped that you'd want to. I didn't know if you were ready to do anything with me," John admitted.

Sandy hugged her daddy, "Promise one thing."

"What, Princess?"

"From now on, just ask. OK?"

"OK."

* * *

Heading into the kitchen, they saw the funny sight of Kevin standing on a chair wearing an apron as he scrambled the eggs while Mary tended to the bacon. The table was already set up for breakfast minus the eggs and bacon.

"Mommy, the eggs look dry."

"Yes, they're ready Kevin. Good job!" she said as she turned off the burner.

"What about the bacon?"

Mary flipped the remaining bacon onto the pile of bacon in the bowl, "Ready, Master Chef," she giggled.

"I'm no Master Chef, just a kid," he laughed as he scampered off of the chair.

"Mary, who cooked what?"

"Kevin did everything but the bacon. Why?"

"I'm just wondering if Kevin's going to become a Master Chef instead of being a police officer like he wanted to be last week."

"Daddy, why can't I be both?"

John picked up his son who had taken off the apron, "You can, Son. I'm just worried about you, that's all," he confessed.

"You think that I might be like Sandy?"

John nodded reluctantly, "I don't want you to get hurt, Kevin."

"Daddy, I LOVE Sandy, but I want to be like you, a daddy."

John hugged his son, "Then why are you down here, cooking?"

"Because of that show 'Master Chef' where Master Chef Martin teaches new students here on the 'Cooking Channel."

"You go to school with his daughter, don't you?"

"Yes, Momma. Why?"

"Because, Scamp. You're just being a boy," giggled Sandy as John let Kevin down while Mary finished setting the table.

"That's 'cause I AM a boy, Silly," laughed Kevin as he scampered into his chair.

* * *

"Debbie, Brittney, breakfast is ready," called out Jocelyn from the kitchen.

Brit came into the kitchen still dressed for bed, "Where's Daddy?"

"He went in early, today. Have you and Deb got your dirty laundry ready?"

"She's getting it ready right now and loading the washer."

Then from the utility room came the sound of the washer beginning to work, "Hope she's not put your delicates in. I still have mine to go."

"I put ours on top of yours in your mesh bag, Mom," announced Deb as she entered the room.

"Good, then your new uniforms will be ready for school, Monday. Do you girls have your gym uniforms ready?"

"I have mine from last year, Mom. Didn't we get a couple of uniforms, each?"

"Yes, but I've been talking to your principal this morning about using Brit's cheerleader uniform without breaking the ruling."

"Oh? Do I get to be a cheerleader, again?"

"Hardly! No, I can remove the school's monogram and you can wear it to play tennis or badminton."

"You got the idea from Drew playing badminton as Gaby, right?"

"Yes, your dad and I thought that this would be a way to honor Drew."

"Does that mean that we can wear them at the 'Y'?"

"Yes, as long as it doesn't involve anything to do with the school, Deb."

Britney sighed, "At least now we can do something to show that we care about Drew. Who said 'Yes' to Dad's idea?"

"Let that be a mystery for you two to solve."

From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

Grottoes-14 by Stanman63

Grottoes-14
A Gaby Fan-Fiction by Stanman

 

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.    


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

 

At Erin's Cyclery, Grottoe's Express Team Captains were meeting to discuss a training regimen for the upcoming season and the purchasing of the new titanium bikes for the team.

Currently, only Gabby/Drew and Maddy Peters had them, but Diana Bigg's of Bigg's Foundations was thinking big again after the way that sales of the Carbon fiber bikes had soared after the Atlanta Race and Dianna wanted for the team to start riding on carbon fiber bikes.

"Gaby was a blessing for our team, I hope that she knows how much it is that we adore our English Rose," said Dianna with a sigh.

"Yes, that little dynamo kept on teaching us things about racing and was always willing to share her knowledge. But we are forgetting that our friend is actually Drew, and that he was tricked into being Gaby. It was during his time with us that he was truly at peace, even though he was still Gaby," admitted Erin.

"And Aidan was quite good, too. He was always close behind Gaby with you, me and Derek. He really liked Gaby and still likes her even after knowing that she's Drew."

Then they heard the telltale sound of Erin's coffee maker completing its cycle, "Do you still have any tea for Gaby?" giggled Diana.

"I keep some now in honor of Drew and have a cup every now and then when I tire of coffee," answered Erin as she sauntered off to her office.

"Well, I just might want some tea, myself."

"Oh?"

"Can I help it if Drew's preference for tea has gotten to me?"

"Guess not," giggled Erin.

Diana waited while Erin poured hot water over a tea bag in a cup and add a teaspoon of sweetener, "Is that mine?"

Erin placed the cup down next to a warm cinnamon roll, "Sure is, might as well get comfy while we discuss Team Grottoes."

"OK."

 

Her office was a cornucopia of recliners, a sofa bed and a kitchenette with a small bathroom off to the side. Erin had taken over an old office building and had turned all of it but the storage room and office into the actual store. She found the office a home away from home whenever the snow was too great or she needed to have her home repaired, She'd also stayed overnight a few times when she was awaiting a delivery.

 

"Do you think that Derek will want to stay?"

"Are you kidding? He's trimmed down so much that he keeps on having the girls to drool over him,: giggled Diana.

"And what about you?"

"I've trimmed down some, bur so far, no one as caught my eye," she sighed.

"Well, there is Aidan."

"Get real! He's still a kid!"

"But you're not that much older. In fact, you're the same age as Sandy Jones"

"What's your point?"

"Sandy and J.J. seem to be hitting it off. Why don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Erin, I've been a bit busy with keeping Bigg's Fabrication going after Daddy died. It's only now that the business is doing so well that I can relax and take time for romance," she sighed.

"Any prospects?"

"Maybe, I don't want to make a mistake that could jeopardize the company."

"I understand."

"For a fellow to be worth me going out with, he'd have to respect the fact that I am the owner/operator of Bigg's Fabrications and enjoy riding a bike. I couldn't handle some jerk that wanted me to be a baby factory."

"YOU A BABY FACTORY?" Erin laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"Dianna, you are the furthest thing from the traditional mother! If you ever have children, they'll know all about equal rights."

"Thanks," blushed Diana.

"Do you think that Don, Hooch and Patty will stay on Grottoes Express?"

"Yes, and I want to give everyone on the team a titanium bike for racing and one for display with Gaby's name on it."

"My. THAT is quite a gift. I guess that Bigg's Fabrications must be doing quite well to be able to donate the bikes."

Diana smirked and winked at Erin, "Oh, my gamble in having Drew ride one in the Atlanta Race paid off handsomely," she giggled.

"Just like it has for Erin's Cyclery," she agreed.

"Yes, the orders for titanium bikes have tripled so that we spend most of the time making them. It's only when we get a big order that production stops until it's filled."

"That's where a lot of my extra business comes from, filling your order for parts. I'm glad that you don't go to my supplier."

"Erin, I'm not about to go back on our agreement. We both gambled on Drew and it paid off. Plus that, you're my friend and fellow biker. We're a part of a unique fellowship."

"The Fellowship of Drew's Biker?" asked a laughing Erin.

"Can't argue with that," smirked Diana.

"Have you started measuring the team for their bikes?"

"All but you. You're the last."

"By the way, what do you do about the smaller orders that come through?"

"Derek has a team that takes care of them in the old building."

"Oh? So, the city came through for you?"

"Yes. We've already built a warehouse twice the size of the old one and have transferred everything to it and remodeled the old one. We use the old building for smaller orders and the newer one for manufacturing the bikes."

"I'd like to see it, some time."

"How about after the race today?"

"OK, usual bet?"

"Sure, hope that you've got a full wallet," giggled Diana.

"I do, but if neither of us wins, I have the Team Grottoes debit card," she said as she pulled out a sky blue card and passed it to her.

"What?"

"From our combined winnings from the race. Jenny made sure that I got the winnings for the Team Grottoes, so I put them on a debit card at Grottoes Commerce Trust where I have my business account."

"Why didn't you tell me before now?"

"We've been too busy with the trial for me to tell you. Sorry about not telling you about it."

"That's OK. I trust you, besides, if she'd given me the winnings, I'd probably have done the same thing. Who has authority o access the account?"

"We are, but if we want to make any changes, we'll both need to go to the bank to sign the authorization."

How did you get MY signature?"

"Well, since you have an account there, Gary allowed it."

"OK. How much is on the card and how do we add or subtract funds?"

"Right now, five hundred dollars. It's linked to both of our account as a charity, so we both get a tax write-off for any funds that we transfer into the account. And anybody who wants to contribute can do so using their card, or by deposit."

"Sounds as if you've handled things correctly. When do you want to schedule our training rides?"

"Since Aidan is in school, why not start here at 4:P.M. and head for our favorite diner, then back here where I can give those who need it, a lift home?"

"Sounds fine to me. I can pass word back at work and call the school to let them know. Who knows, we've seen an increase in sales, we might see an increase in riders now."

 

Back at Jack's Diner, J.J. was opening up while Daisy Mae waited, "You cold?"

"A bit J.J. But I can handle it," she yawned.

"Daisy Mae, go back home! You're too sleepy to work, today."

"But you need a waitress."

Then Mrs. Walters pulled up in her car and Brit and Deb disembarked, "Well, now I have two. So go home and rest. You can take the evening shift."

"OK."

As Daisy Mae headed for her silver Ford Escort, the girls hugged her, "We can handle it, today. We want to prove that were responsible."

"That'll take some doing, Brit," said Daisy Mae with a sigh.

"We know. Please, give us a chance, OK?"

"OK, Deb. But no screw up, or it'll look bad for you."

"SCREW UP?"

"I mean none of your pranks."

"Oh! For a moment I thought that you meant that we had to do everything perfectly," sighed Brit.

"Oh, I know that you two will need tutoring in how to be a waitress, and J.J. is willing to give you plenty of leeway, but be ready for some of Drew's friends to cause trouble," promised Daisy Mae as she got into her car and left.

"Are you two ready to start?"

"J.J. Are you sure that you don't need Sandy or Daisy Mae here? We're new to this."

"Brit, Saturday mornings are pretty tame without any games today. We'll have our usual morning crowd who already know what they want."

"Any from the school?"

"Well, a few, and Team Grottoes will send someone for take out. That's your biggest worry, today, Debbie."

"Where's your dad?"

"Home, he'll be here for the lunch crowd, and Sandy will be in, too."

 

Sandy was working with her dad on the cars in the garage when she heard a chuckle from behind her. When she looked back, she saw her dad leaning on a rubbish can, shaking his head.

"What?" she asked playfully.

"Looking at you, just now, I got to thinking what J.J. or any man would be seeing if they could see what I'm seeing," he smiled.

"Oh? You mean my cute butt in the air?" she asked with a wiggle.

He popped her playfully on her derrière, causing her to yelp in response, "Yes. If they saw what I just saw, they'd stop what they were doing," he chuckled.

"DADDY! THAT'S MY DERRIERE, THERE!" she exclaimed in a giggle.

"Expect THAT if any red blooded guy was to see it," he commented as he leaned against the car.

"It's THAT good?" she asked, looking at him.

"Yes. Don't let anybody fool you. You ARE a young woman, as far as your body is concerned."

"Yes, but I STILL have my dratted boy bits until I have my operation," she sighed.

"Don't you have that gaffe that gives you a girl's groin?"

"Yes, but it's NOT the same. And even then, I can't be a mother," she confessed.

"Is that important to you?"

"Yes."

"Well, there is the possibility of you carrying the fetus of one of your mother's eggs and the sperm of J.J."

"You think that Momma would do that for me, Daddy."

"Yes."

 

Kevin was helping his mother to change the sheets on the beds. He loved to jump on the bed to get the sheets down, or playing ball with the dirty sheets. Jocelyn let him have his fun as that kept him out of mischief. Like a certain tow-headed boy who wore red overalls and had a sheep dog named Ruff, Kevin could cause innocent mayhem without meaning to.

"Momma, what's this?" asked Kevin as he held up a thin hard book.

Jocelyn laughed when she saw the book, "Honey, that's Sandy's diary."

"Diary? What's that?"

"It's a special notebook where she writes down whatever is important to her. Is it opened?"

He fiddled with the diary's lock, "No, want it opened?"

"No, that's special to Sandy. Please put it on her bed so that she'll know where it is."

"Won't she wonder if we read it?"

"Not if the deary is locked."

OK."

 



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

This story archived at http://tgfiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=145