Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Chapter 7

 

Julie and Eric made their calls.

Eric managed to explain to his mum what had happened, well, only the very edited highlights, and that he would be ‘crashing at a mates’ tonight.

Julie arranged that her mother would pick them up in an hour.

The waiter returned with a tray , on it were a bottle of champagne  and 4 glasses. “With the compliments of the gentlemen at the bar, ladies. They asked me to request that they may join you.”

Before either could answer the two men had pulled up chairs and sat between Julie and Eric.

“May I?” The first man had picked up the bottle and began to pour a glass of bubbly for the ‘girls’, his friend handed the glasses out. “sorry to be so forward but we could not resist getting to know such beautiful young ladies who have obviously taken a great deal of care in their appearance tonight. I’m Geoff and this is Derek.”

Julie and Eric were taken aback and hadn’t reacted other than to politely accept the drinks proffered.

‘You have no idea how much care has gone into my appearance.’ Thought Eric. ‘So much for Julie’s experience in handling such situations.’

 “You’ve probably noticed we are married men.” Geoff held up his ring finger and smiled. “Please be assured it is your company we would like, nothing more. We’re here on business tonight and I’m sick of only having his ugly mug to look at all night” 

Derek took mock offence at this slight and held Eric’s hand. “Please, young lady, protect me from this uncouth brute.” Eric’s inclination was to pull away but Derek had taken a firm hold of his hand. “Don’t be shy, I don’t bite.”

“Well, only when he’s really hungry.” Joked Geoff.

Eric smiled weakly.

“And what do we call you ravishing young ladies?” Geoff was now sat close to Julie who was looking as uncomfortable as Eric.

“I’m Julie and my friend is Erica.”

“Gorgeous names to match your beauty.” Geoff’s hand was now on Julie’s knee. She was doing a rabbit in the headlights type freeze, she couldn’t react. Derek took the lead from Geoff and his hand now settled on Eric’s knee.

‘How to get out of this politely?’ Thought Eric. ‘We don’t want to make a scene and I certainly don’t want to be exposed.’

---------------------------------------------------------------

Emily and Brian, accompanied by Sharon made their way through the bar following the same route as Eric and Julie. They didn’t take any notice of the two couples at the far table on the terrace. They sat at a table and by change both Emily and Brian had their backs to their friends.

A waiter came over and they ordered refreshing spritzer drinks. Sharon insisted on paying.

“Isn’t this nice?” Asked Sharon. “What a day we’ve had, I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have.”

“It’s been different.” Said Brian. “I don’t think anyone will believe what has happened.” ‘And I wont be telling them either’, he thought .

“You have been very kind Sharon. You could have been angry and I wouldn’t have blamed you, we deceived you, not intentionally of course, and all you’ve done is look after us. We’ve done nothing for you how can we re-pay you?” Emily couldn’t believe this lady had treated them so well when she had good reason to have got them into trouble.

“Re-pay me? You already have. I was in the habit of sitting watching dreadful afternoon TV and not getting out and about. I haven’t had so much fun in a long time.” She smiled. “There is one thing.”

“Of course.” Replied Emily.

“I’d really like it if you joined me at the hospital on occasion, I know you have your studies but it would be nice to see you every now and again. You would also be repaying the hospital for their kindness and discretion.”

“I know that I can probably do some days with you.” Said Emily. “but Brianna is off to college soon.”

“It’s a lovely idea Sharon.” Said Brian. “I can’t promise but I will try to join you. Maybe when I’m back from college we can meet up?” This wasn’t what he really meant. ‘I’m sorry, but to be honest I do hope you’ll forget.’ He thought.

“Lovely I’ll look forward to it. You don’t have to, but that would make me happy.”

Suddenly a raised voice made them all jump.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Get off me you perve!” Julie leapt to her feet. She pushed Geoff’s hand away. “He had his hand up my skirt!”

“Shut up you little tease, you take our drinks with no complaint!” Geoff was reacting to being found out and grabbed her arm.

“Leave her alone you ******”  called out Eric as he attempted to rise to his feet. He was held back by Derek and by stumbling on his unfamiliar heels.

Before he realised it Geoff was on the floor with his face pressed to the tiles. “Don’t struggle and I won’t hurt you.” Said Brian quietly.

Geoff realised he was in no position to argue. “OK you got it.” He replied.

If he realised he’d been taken down by what looked like a girl he may have fought back but that would have been a mistake. Brian for all his quiet nature was a brown belt at karate and practising for higher qualification.

“Emily and Sharon had followed Brian’s quick move and were stood over Derek. He held his hands up in surrender, releasing his grip on Eric. “Ladies, it’s a misunderstanding, there’s no harm done.”

“Leave now.” Said Brian with such authority that Derek jumped up and stared to edge away.

“Allow me young lady. I’ll take over now.”

Brian took the offer of a very large hand presented by the resident bouncer and attempted to present a ladylike appearance again. The huge man had features that only a mother could love and was probably quarried not born.

“Nice ‘ashi barai’” he said. As Brian rose to his feet he stepped back and gave him a formal bow.

Brain smiled and returned the bow to a fellow practitioner. “Domo aragato” he replied, this elicited another formal bow, the bouncer smiled and picked Geoff up with little or no effort.

“You’ll be leaving then sirs?” he snarled as ‘accompanied’ them out to the street giving Brian a smile and a cheeky wink as he passed.

“This may be a very stupid question, but do you know each other?” Asked Sharon.

“The ‘girls’ laughed and Julie said “Yes we know each other but I think we have some questions to ask and stories to tell. There’s been a lot going on today.”

Sharon looked puzzled but decided there were things between them that she didn’t need to know.

   

 

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2009 Amanda Walker. All rights reserved.

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Amanda Walker is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked They wern't expecting, this also liked 4 other stories.