Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 5

 

The photo shoot and discharge from hosptital

Chapter 5

 

“Come with me ‘Erica’,” Vera helped Eric out of the chair. “We need to get you dressed.”

“But Julie...” exclaimed Eric.

“Don’t worry about her dear, Mary will look after everything.” Said Vera.

Once in the changing room Vera helped Eric into some 60 Den black tights, they had a matt finish and felt really smooth on his newly hairless legs. “These are good for the photo’s as they don’t reflect the flash. We’ll probably use them for most of the shots, but I have some other colours if the dresses require it.”

Vera made sure Eric’s belly was comfortable and securely fixed, she gave him a new bra that was a lot fancier than the one he’d been given at school, it was also a better fit and much more comfortable.

The first dress was a conventional frilly mumsy maternity smock. The photographer directed ‘Erica’ and fired away taking 10 shots in quick succession.

Eric didn’t notice that Julie had emerged from her dressing room, the photographer captured the surprise on their faces as she joined him in the studio area. Her small belly caused the similarly styled dress she was wearing to flare at the front but obviously not as much as Eric’s, they posed alongside each other and did a jokey belly to belly shot.

“I’m doing shots with this on then we’ll redo some of the dresses without.” She said .

“What will your mother say?” laughed Eric.

“Nothing compared to the reaction yours would have.” She smiled back.

“Very true....Her face would be a picture.”

The shoot continued for an hour, lots of daywear dresses some designed to emphasise the bump, others to minimise it. Eric then had a break and they removed Julie’s belly and re-shot some of the dresses she wore earlier.

The next session featured t-shirt and maternity leggings ensembles, Eric found this more difficult as there were regular changes of leg wear. Some of the patterned styles of legging were bright and dynamic and matched with plain t-shirts.  Julie returned with her little belly fitted and modelled many of the same styles as Eric.

After this session they took a longer break, some nibbles and drinks arrived, Eric was pleased to take the weight off his feet, his back was starting to ache. ‘I know it’s a lot of money but I hope no-one ever asks where I got it,’ he thought. He and Julie were left alone as the photographer and the dressers reviewed the work so far.

“Enjoying yourself?” Julie looked concerned as Eric slumped in the chair.

“Never better.” He replied unconvincingly.

“It’s the super dressy party frocks next.” Julie was genuinely excited.

“Whoopy doop, I can’t believe I’ve been so lucky, I’ve probably worn more dresses than my sister.”

“You see it’s not all bad then.” Julie was teasing him. “Seriously, there’s just the one session left, soon be over.”

“Oh what a shame, can’t we come back tomorrow?” Eric really was looking forward to the end of this.

“Funny.”

The session started again, this time the dresses Julie wore were cleverly constructed to include either stretchable panels or adjustable fillets so the frocks looked conventional when she was  ‘not pregnant’  but adjusted to the small belly she wore later.

Eric’s dresses were very elegant, some hid the bump others showed it off. This time Vera wanted them to wear different hosiery so Eric got to try fishnet and patterned tights which he found had a very different feel to the plain opaque ones he had got used to. He found them quite itchy to start with and looked forward to getting his normal tights back on. Then he thought, ‘normal tights, what has happened to my mind?’

Eventually the last dress had been worn and the last photo taken. The photographer cleared up his kit and left, Julie and Eric had a drink as Vera and Mary cleared up and made sure the clothes were hung away.

“We need to tone down that make-up you have on so go and change into your robes.  Julie, Mary will help you and I’ll sort Erica out.” Vera as ever was in charge.

Eric was surprised as after removing the dress Vera began to unstrap the belly. “What are you doing?” He asked.

“You’ll be a lot more comfortable without this on won’t you? You really are only supposed to have them on for a couple of hours you know.”

“I will be glad to slim down again, this pregnancy lark is hard work.” Agreed Eric.

“Tell me about it, I’ve got 4 kids.” Vera laughed. “Now you’ll need this smaller bra.”

Eric let her fit the bra but was surprised when she inserted some silicon blobs into the cups.

“For girls who need a bit of help.” She smiled

As they left the cubicle Mary was already at work on Julie, taking off the heavy makeup and applying a simpler style. Vera did the same to Eric and brushed his hair out again. As she did he felt the ear rings and realised what he looked like, it was confusing for him how he could just forget and get used to the situation he was in.

Unknown to Eric, Julie had been selecting dresses to keep as the shoot went on, she particularly liked the evening dresses and had also reserved some of the leggings. She had also specified some the  maternity dresses Eric had worn so Alan would realise they had accepted his offer to keep wha they  Vera had selected one of these dark grey dresses for ‘Erica’ and once his makeup was complete took him back to the cubicle to put it on. She decided that it matched with some glossy wine coloured opaques they’d used on Julie. Eric found these really comfortable and the dress while fitted was very light and suited him. Vera had obtained some black court shoes with a 2” heel and when he looked in the mirror he saw a young girl.

Julie had a chosen a red dress and complemented it with patterned fishnet tights and a pair of courts similar to Eric although these had a higher heel. They stood together looking in the mirror, Julie whispered “You’re gorgeous. I can’t believe you look so good.”

“So are you.” He whispered in reply, desperately resisting the urge to kiss her.

“The boys will have to watch out tonight.” Vera interrupted. “I have packed away all the stuff you want to keep, and the ‘appendage’ of course. You’ll need transport to shift it so Julie I suggest you come back with your boyfriend to pick the stuff up. “

“I haven’t got a boyfriend.” Replied Julie, she paused. “Oh, I see who you mean.” Vera was looking at Eric and smiling.

“And finally, the recompense for all this effort. I told Alan that Erica didn’t have a bank account so both the cheques are made out to you Julie, don’t run off with all the money will you?”

She handed Julie an envelope, inside were two cheques for £1,000. There was also an expensive looking  shoulder bag each that had their cosmetics in.

“Now go out and have a good night you two. There’s some cash in there as well.”   

Vera accompanied them to the street entrance and waved them goodbye. Eric saw their reflections in the opposite shop window, all he saw was two girls out on the town.

----------------------------

“I’m so pleased you are both well!” Sharon exclaimed as Brian and Emily entered the waiting room. 

“We’re so sorry, how can we apologise?” Emily spoke but she and Brian hung their heads in shame.

“Apologise? No, don’t worry. What would I have done instead? Watched rubbish TV like Trisha, Lorraine or Loose Women, that’s what. I’ve been chatting to the people here and they want me to come in and use my old nursing skills when it’s convenient to me. I can’t thank you girls enough.” Sharon was on a real high, it took away the tension the ‘girls’ were feeling.

“I, We’re very pleased for you, that sounds great. We’re still sorry for the circumstances though.” Emily repeated their apology.

“Don’t fuss now dear it’s all forgotten. Did you know they’re looking for some girls your age to do work experience training. We could work together, wouldn’t that be great? I’ve already got the leaflets and forms for you.” 

“I think we’ll have to have a think about that Sharon, we have our school work to do.” Replied Emily. ‘I don’t think that’s something Brian would look forward to’ she thought.

“Of course my dear, of course I let my enthusiasm get run away with me sometimes. Come on then let’s get you out of here.”

They went with their bags and followed Sharon to her car.

“A bit of lunch first I think, you too need some food inside you.” Said Sharon, as she left the car park.

“Sharon, we haven’t any money, our purses are still in school.” Brian raised the courage to speak.

“I doubt you’ll be able to go in there today girls, it was still smoking as I left home. Don’t worry, my treat. “

She pulled into Pasta Hut (the new healthy version of Pizza Hut in the UK).  “I had a superb light meal here last week.”

‘Brilliant,’ thought Brian, ‘I know she’s being kind but when will this end?’

As they approached the waiter got the door for them. They were shown to a table and ordered various pasta dishes, the salad bar being set up as an all you can eat affair. The food made Brian and Emily feel a lot better, Brian was becoming more comfortable in the clothes and was following Emily’s lead as he watched how she ate and sat. Small portions, delicate movements, knees together straight back. He actually felt better about himself than if he’d been monstering a huge pizza and slouching in his normal way.

They finished the meal and Emily took Brian’s hand. “Time to freshen up Briana.”

He looked confused, but she was insistent. Then he got it, remembering girls go to the toilet together, something boys have never understood.

As they entered the toilet Brian was apprehensive but the restaurant was quiet and there was no one else in. Brian was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and pleasantness of the facility, there were nice soaps, flowers, tissues, this was a definite plus over a boy’s loo.

After they had used the toilet Emily called, “Come here Briana, we’ll need to touch up our lipstick after eating, the lady at the hospital gave me the cosmetics she used.”

Brian followed Emily’s lead, applying the lipstick, blotting and finally adding the lip-gloss. “You are getting good at this.” Said Emily.

“I absolutely hated it at first, I wasn’t comfortable when you did me up at school and felt like a freak. Now I’ve sat in a restaurant and had a meal, the clothes feel nice, I like having doors opened for me, the cosmetics feel and taste odd but not unpleasant. What must you think of me?”

Emily smiled, walked up to him and kissed him on the lips. At first shocked and then pleasantly surprised, Brian responded. They failed to hear the outer door being opened and pulled away in embarrassment as a lady entered the toilet. She gave them a quizzical look then a knowing smile as she passed by and entered a stall.

“We’ll have to redo our lipsticks now!” whispered Brian.

“Not too loud,” replied Emily, trying to suppress a fit of the giggles.

They finished up and returned to Sharon who had already paid the bill.

“Thank-you again Sharon, you’re too kind to us. Is there anything we can do to repay you?” asked Emily.

“Your company and getting me out of myself has been my reward. You’re welcome.” Sharon replied. “I’d love to have you with me at the hospital if you can arrange it.”

Brian looked anxious, Emily re-assured him by saying. “It’s a kind offer but I doubt we’ll be able to take the time out.”

“Well the offer is there if you can.” Sharon looked disappointed. “Now where to, I expect you will be wanting to get home?”

“We left our phones and keys at school so I don’t know if there’s anyone in.” Said Emily.

“I know there’s no one in until later.” chipped in Brian

“No problem Emily, borrow my mobile.” Said Sharon.

Emily intended to take Brian back home, originally it was to change him back, now she had other plans for him.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2009 Amanda Walker. All rights reserved.