Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Chapter 7

“So what does this mean for me and Jack?”

“The company like to be seen to support staff activities, it allows them to give a positive spin regarding employee welfare and morale to their investors and customers. They can be very generous with time and equipment in return for positive publicity. I know this sounds very party-line but this is the corporate world that I’d like to get promoted into some day so forgive me.” Sarah said.

“I can see their position.” said Bob.

“Yes they’ve already offered to pay for the equipment we have and a further set if a small corporate logo is added, expect corporate t-shirts and shell suits etc. to follow. Days off and bonuses are also being mentioned.”

“Which is all very well but....”

“Yes, the ‘but’.” Sarah looked serious. “I really should discuss this with Jack here as well but since we’ve started I’ll tell you now. They have decided that our department will get corporate clothing, new office and an office equipment re-furbish. It will be a carrot to others to show what can happen if you support ‘the company’.”

“That sounds great.” Said Tina. “There’s still a catch right?”

“Yes. The clothing will be dresses, skirts, blouses etc. for the 16 ‘girls’ in the skating team. They expect that the two ‘tomboys’ who currently attend in male clothing will conform to the new dress code.”

Bob looked stunned, Tina smiled at first then realised that this wasn’t a game and Bob wouldn’t be dressing for fun, she held his hand.

“Don’t we, I mean Jack and I, to say nothing of the others, get a say in this?” Asked Bob.

“You’re a nice guy Bob but a little naive at times. Of course you and Jack have a choice, but let’s say it’s a ‘stay in the team and the company’, or not, sort of choice. The same goes for any of the others who don’t like it.” Sarah said with a serious expression. “This isn’t coming from me, I’m just the messenger.”

“They can’t do this can they?” Said Tina.

“They already have. The uniform measurement team will be at work the day after tomorrow, the refurbishment plans were approved this afternoon.” Replied Sarah. “I’m sorry Bob, I never expected this to happen. Go skate, relax and let it sink in, I’ll speak with Jack now. We’ll all speak later.”

Bob was stunned, he was hoping to build a career at this company, he’d already taken advantage of training leading to qualifications and had hoped like Sarah to move up the corporate tree in time.

“What do I do Tina?” Bob said as Sarah left them.

“I really can’t advise you Bob. It’s not fair and it’s not right. I’ve been honest with you, I enjoy your dressing up for fun, but this is another level, this is your free choice being taken away.”

“I’ve worked hard to get to my current position, I don’t want to give that up, on the other hand if I’m going to dress up as a girl then I feel that I want to be the person who decides that I’m doing it not the corporation. Bum! Why does life have to be so complicated?”

The news spread as Sarah chatted with the people there. No one knew what to say to Bob and Jack. Jack as ever laughed when he was told, much as Bob expected. ‘The way he’s been recently it’s probably a dream come true for him’ thought Bob.

With his mind elsewhere Bob skating was rubbish, towards the end of the session he fell again and ripped his tights. He decided to go and get changed, Tina saw he was upset and followed him.

“What a night!” he said.

“Well no matter what we’ve got each other.” Tina held him in the privacy of the changing room. Confusing sensations swept them both as they held their bodies close. The fine fabrics and breasts colliding were an unusual feeling for both of them.

Tina helped Bob out of the leotard and he stripped off the ripped tights.

“Let’s see what you have in your bag?” Tina started to rummage. “Here take these.”

He slipped the camisole top on and was starting to put on the blue opaque tights before he stopped himself. “Where did these come from?”

“They were in your bag.” Replied Tina. “Come on, it’ll save taking your makeup off.”

“Whatever’s easiest?” Bob replied dejectedly and finished pulling on the tights.

Tina then handed him a denim dress and a pair of blue court shoes. After he put them on she looked at him. “Good enough to eat.”

“Only if it’s you doing the eating.” He said.

She laughed and stripped off her skate gear. When she was just in her bra and panties she gave him another big hug and a kiss.

“I could get used to this.” Said Bob, his mood lifting slightly.

“I presume you don’t mean the clothes?” She teased.

“No.” He took the joke and his smile returned.

Tina quickly dressed in a short skirt and silky blouse. “We’ll just brush your hair and then we’re ready.”

“Ready for what?”

“A meeting in the bar.” She said.

“I can’t go dressed like this, it just confirms the suits policy.”

“They’ve gone already, Sarah told me. Don’t worry you look fine, much better than fine in fact I don’t want anyone stealing you away.”

“Funny”

“Look at yourself. You ‘would’ wouldn’t you?” Tina was serious.

“I don’t think I’m in ‘my’ league.” Bob chuckled at the craziness of it all.

They took their bags and left the changing rooms and went up the bar area, Bob was still hesitant on the unfamiliar heels but he managed OK. He was sure people would pick him out and stare but all he got were a few appreciative glances from men they passed on the stairs.

Sarah was waiting for them in the bar.

“How are you Bob?”

“Been better.”

“I understand. You have everyone’s support. I think they would all jack it in rather than see you forced to comply.”

Bob smiled “That’s good to hear but I won’t expect that from anyone, the company would find some way of punishing them. People have to be careful of their jobs in this current financial climate. How did Jack take it?”

“I’m not sure. Initial bravado as you’d expect, then a little introspective like you. He said doing things for fun is one thing but being compelled is another. He brightened up later though.” Sarah replied.

“He’s really into it, I think he’ll be happy enough. What do we know about what happens next?”

“If you don’t mind I’ll go through that when the others have assembled.”

“Fair enough.”

It was 10 more minutes before any of the others arrived in which time Bob & Tina were offered drinks twice and were aware of several guys clocking them. Tina thought this was funny, Bob felt like he was on display which the vultures circled.

Eventually everyone got to the bar, Jack was in a skirt again, said hello, but stayed with the girls he’d been skating with as Sarah convened the meeting.

“I’ve spoken to you all and given you the gist of what’s occurring, now we’re all together I’ll tell you everything I know.

Basically the company intend to exploit our skating team for promotional purposes, both internal and external. They have seen 16 girls skating so that’s what they will have in the department. Jack and Bob were compromised into dressing up as girls at our earlier session and we’d been working on a plan to get them out of that, they kindly agreed to continue dressing up for a few more weeks to allow me to get new members or allow them to make a final decision to continue. They were doing this for fun. I’m assured by some of my female colleagues that their sexuality is not in question (laughter) and am confident that they were having some fun despite a little initial embarrassment.

The day after tomorrow the company expects our department of 16 ‘girls’ in skirts or dresses to attend work. There you will be measured for your new corporate uniforms which will be delivered next week and will be compulsory wear from then on. They will cover the cost of the kit we’ve already provided and will purchase a new competition standard strip with a corporate logo. There will be special leave for training and attendance of events and some photo opportunities and corporate events you will be expected to attend, both here, and at the HQ in Germany.

Local management are now quite aware that Jack and Bob are not girls but the decision was taken before they knew this and they will not waver as this would cause embarrassment and questions at HQ.

I think this is completely wrong and my first inclination was to tell them to stuff it. My more reasoned, reflective decision is to put up with it. My partner has been out of work for months, can I afford to have such principles? Anyway for me the worst is that I’m forced to wear a corporate female uniform that’s OK I’m a girl. Admittedly I have a part of my social life annexed and controlled but I can stand that. For Bob and Jack however despite them joining in they’ve been completely compromised. I accidentally started it but the company have locked them down.

So sorry Jack and Bob, I will be at work and accepting their offer, I don’t know what they will do if you fail to comply. I suspect a ‘go quietly’ payoff, or threat to spread bad reviews if you make a fuss.

I’d love to say let’s all get very drunk but I realise most have driven here so let your conscience and the needs of your family guide you, sorry guys.” As she stopped speaking the tears were welling up and she left the room. There was a silence as the team took the news in.

Several girls came to Bob and sympathised while trying to lighten the moment by congratulating him on his courage and the dress he was wearing, some others clearly thought that his wearing a dress off the rink indicated acquiescence.

Jack stood up soon afterwards and picked up his bags. “See you mate.” He said to Bob, he was smiling but clearly didn’t want to stop and talk.

“Come on, let’s go as well, there’s nothing more to say here.” Said Tina.

“Would you like to come back for a coffee at mine?” asked Bob. He knew her route home went past where he lived. “I’d like to talk in private if that’s OK.”

“Fine by me. Get your coat, you’ve pulled.” She teased.

“I thought the bloke was supposed to say that.” He stopped himself. “Hmmm. I suppose there isn’t one here at the moment.”

“Come on Bobbi let’s go, did you hurt yourself when you fell from heaven?” She smacked his bottom as he stood up.

“One more pick up line and ....” Tina ran ahead to avoid any retaliation.

They went to their cars and she agreed to follow him, it was dark now and he didn’t feel so exposed. He found it easier to drive in stockinged feet rather than struggle with the heels. He found it curiously liberating to drive dressed this way, trousers are very confining and he felt comfortable. The traffic was light and he had no trouble.

‘Now what to tell mum?’ he thought as he arrived home. Thankfully the road was dark and quiet as he parked in the drive and Tina pulled up behind him.

Bob slipped his shoes back on and grabbed his bag, Tina followed he noticed she had brought her bag in too. “Nice house.” She said.

“Yes, just mum and me rattling around in it and it’s a nice area as well.”

Bob opened the door. “Hi mum.” It wasn’t late so he expected her to be watching TV.

“Hello dear, good night? I see you found the clothes I packed and who is this lovely young lady?”

“This is Tina from work and the skating. “

“Well good evening my dear Bob has mentioned you more than once.” Mum said with a sly wink. “Come in, leave your bag in the hall Bob can take it up later. Bob, manners, get the kettle on we ladies have to talk.”

“Yes mum.” Bob went off to the kitchen. ‘What did she mean take her bag up?’

A few minutes later Bob had prepared a pot of tea and biscuits and went into the lounge where Tina and his mum were talking like old friends.

“I like what Tina did with your makeup, it’s a younger style and suits you better.”

Bob smiled “Do you realise how daft this is I have brought a girl home to meet my mum, I’m dressed as a girl and you are complimenting me on my makeup.”

“I know, but you do make a lovely girl.” Mum was teasing him.

“I like Bob and Bobbi don’t worry.” Said Tina joining in.

“This is all so surreal.” Bob replied.

“Anyway Bob, Tina tells me you have a problem with work. Sit down next to Tina and tell me all about it.”

Bob and Tina recounted the story. Bob had made no comment on what decision he had made either at the rink or up to now.

“I think that this is very wrong, it places you in a very difficult position and doesn’t give you a lot of time to choose either. Have you made any decision Bob?” asked his mother.

“I don’t want to lose my job. I don’t want to give up skating with my friends. I don’t want to be a girl. I don’t mind dressing up on occasion it’s fun, Tina’s cool with it. As we went in tonight everything was great, we’re together, work and social life were good.  Now I’m lost, I have to choose but don’t like either choice.”

“Quite right Bob, it’s totally unfair.” Said Tina.

“I agree. I’ve had a thought, I have a friend who knows employment law, I’ll give her a call.” 

After his mum left the room Tina snuggled into his shoulder and he put his arm round her. In a short time she had fallen asleep leaving Bob with his thoughts trying to stay still.

It was more than half an hour before his mother returned. Tina stirred as she entered the room.

“Any joy?”

“Mixed messages I’m afraid, although there is a suggested way forward.

First in law, they can’t do what they’re doing.

In the real world however they could be nasty if crossed. Your problems are these. They know the jobs market is tight so they have that pull over you, you are partially trained and not fully qualified so any other company would question why you left, they know you did dress as a girl on more than one occasion and could smear your reputation with subtle slurs. Would you go to an industrial tribunal for constructive dismissal if they forced you to leave because you wouldn’t wear dresses? Their argument would be that you are comfortable doing so and they were accommodating your transition. I know it sounds rubbish but with a lawyer twisting it you’ll end up looking bad.”

“So?”

Two choices.

First clean break, resign now. You are partially qualified we can come up with a story to support you moving. You may need to move away

Second ask for written confirmation that they want you to do this for this purpose. Then stop skating. You will then not have the purpose and can resume your career.

The first is clear cut and the hassle is getting another job and leaving your friends

The second’s hassle will depend on how long you have to go before you can get out of the skating and if they will buy it.”

“That’s the best she could offer? Either way I’m out of the skate team.”

“Yes, I’ve written this down I think it’s time you two got to bed. Tina you’re too tired to drive home give your parents a ring I’ve made up the spare room for you. Bob’ll take your bag up.”

“Thanks.” Said Tina, “I am a bit tired after all this stress for Bob.”

“There’s an en-suite so you’ll be fine and I’ve left one of ‘Bobbi’s’ nightdresses for you. Bob, remember to cleanse properly. Goodnight you two.”

Bob took her bag to the bedroom, gave her a goodnight kiss and went to his room next door. He hung up all the clothes, removed all trace of ‘Bobbi’ and put on his pyjamas and went to bed.

He heard his mother go past and the landing light went out. He was stressed and thought it would be hard to get to sleep. A few moments later he heard his bedroom door open and close then he felt Tina slip into his bed, after some slow and gentle cuddling and kissing they fell asleep in each other’s arms.

 

To be continued.........

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2009 Amanda Walker. All rights res

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Amanda Walker is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Sk8ter Boi also liked 1 other stories.