Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Getting the team from work to go ice skating was a great idea, until they started taking it seriously...

Skater Boi.

Chapter 1.

 

I’m Bob I work in the Accounts department of Wilson electronics. There are 18 of us, there’s me, Jack and Steve and 15 girls, all shapes and sizes but all in their 20’s and a good crowd. They like a laugh and organising social events, we’ve been bowling (crown green and 10-pin), drinking, theatre, drinking, paintball, drin...  you get the picture.  While Steve was quite stocky Jack and I were slim and we were all around 5’ 6” in height, our hair was collar length, we didn’t have to be too presentable at work and that suited us fine.

One thing we’d never done was ice skating, the idea came because a temporary rink was built for Xmas in our local town square and it was only 10 minutes from the office. Normally we didn’t get everyone to a do but this time we had the full 20. There was a range of ability but everyone enjoyed it even those with very sore and wet bums. We went another 2 times before the rink closed and everyone was getting much better.

The New Year came and a new shopping Mall was completed nearby, they’re creating these places as entertainment centres as well as shopping so it included a cinema and to our delight an ice rink. There were the usual opening offers so we got a good group deal to go. Part of the offer was instruction which we thought would be a good idea so we booked 10 sessions each of which included a lesson.

When we got there for our first session the equipment was brand new and the rental boots were a lot nicer than the older ones we’d had before.  We all turned up in our usual jeans and sweatshirts, to be honest we hadn’t thought about what to wear, the previous rink was outdoors so we’d had coats on as well. The instructors were really good and by the end of the session everyone could go forwards, backwards and most importantly stop without crashing into the sides.  We weren’t great by any means but everyone had gained confidence and we were looking forward to getting better.

The sessions continued, amazingly only one of the girls and Steve had missed one, although they promised to try and keep coming.  This evening there 16 of us, Jack and me and the girls. Prior to this the lessons had been directed to the group so although we knew the instructors names, Stephanie and Rachel, they’d referred to us as ‘guys’, that annoying androgenous Americanism that's catching on over here,  I did think I’d heard them say ‘ladies’ one time but assumed they were addressing a group of our girls.

Tonight as we were finishing the instructors called us together. They thought we had progressed very well and would like us to get even better. The thing holding us back was our clothing, we couldn’t move freely enough in denims and sweats and they suggested that if we were taking this seriously then proper skating clothes, including our own boots and maybe a team uniform would be a good idea. It was not a mandatory requirement but they made it clear they would be happier if we did this. They gave Sarah (who made the bookings) a couple of catalogues. One was general ice skating clothing, leotards, tights, trousers and warm-up clothes, the other was a bespoke uniform service with matching designs. If we agreed what we needed they could order and get wholesale prices for us. We had a quick chat and agreed that we should do this right, we would save hiring the boots and maybe we’d get better. They had boots to try for size in the skate shop, the lady recommended a footie (a small sock made of tights like material) and a thin boot sock to get a tight and supportive fit.   

In the pub in the centre afterwards the girls were discussing which type of tights to choose and what sort of warm up wrap they preferred, Jack and I had a quick skim and chose some trousers made from a stretchy material and a top that was tight fitting like a runner's, we figured we could bring our own sweaters. The girls decided to postpone the uniform purchase until everyone was happy wearing the new stuff.  We all gave our measurements and a deposit and the forms were dropped off at the rink as we left.

The following week there were named bags waiting for us on a table beside the rink.  Some girls were already on the ice they did look good in their skating togs. We had never needed to use changing rooms before so I was a bit lost. Sarah was already dressed and looked fantastic in her thick shiny skating tights, with legwarmers and her black high necked full sleeve leotard which had a little skirt attached. I also noticed she had tied her hair back and was wearing a little more makeup than usual. She took my hand and led me to a unisex locker room that had individual cubicles.

I was about to close the door when she said "sit down I’ve something to tell you". It appeared that the instructors had thought we were all girls and had amended the orders to be the same. She went on to say that she was very annoyed about this and would fully understand if I waited until next week for the correct supplies to arrive.

I was a bit confused and cross, however a little part of me wondered what it would be like.

She hesitated and I could tell there was a ‘but’ coming.

"They’ve done the same to Jack and we found out as he arrived before you. He thought it was hilarious and decided to dress in the clothes".

I said I hadn’t seen him. "You probably didn’t recognise him", she smiled, "he’s already on the ice. Please understand we knew nothing about this and there is no intention to embarrass you, Jack has made his own choice, feel free to dress as normal. If you do decide to dress in the clothes let me know and I’ll help. Would you like a minute to think about it?"

I was dreading her saying that. There was an implied suggestion

a) that I consider doing it and

b) you’ll be the only one not dressed in the new clothes.

"OK, I said, give me a moment". She closed the door to the cubicle.

I knew immediately what I would do. Wearing these normally forbidden clothes was being presented to me as an acceptable option, I had been given the chance to appear reluctant and apparently accept the peer pressure to conform. Go on then I’ll do it.

I opened the door and called for Sarah. "Let’s give it a try", I told her, "but I don’t want to look ridiculous".

"Oh I’m sure you won’t", she smiled obviously pleased I had agreed. "Now here’s what I want you to do. Put on the panties you’ll find in the bag and ‘tuck’ your equipment between your legs, it’ll be more comfortable and give a better line. Then bunch up your tights to get your foot in and gently ease them up your legs, they’re strong and stretchy but they will ladder if you’re not careful. Then pull the leotard to your waist only and then give me a shout."  

I managed the panties OK, they were industrial strength with a very high waist, no VPL here, and were lightly padded on the rump, once ‘Mr Happy’ was settled pointing backwards they were, as Sarah had suggested, comfortable and showing no male bulge. The tights were harder work, their thickness made them difficult to bunch up but once I’d manoeuvred them up my legs they were extremely well fitted and gave an even feel. Equally importantly the hairs on my legs weren’t obvious. I’d tried tights on before but always under trousers when it was cold, I’d never shown my legs off in this way. The leotard felt lovely as I drew it up my legs, I left it at waist level as Sarah had instructed. To finish I pulled on the legwarmers and socks then called Sarah back in.

"Great legs!" Sarah looked pleased. "OK just a couple of things to finish you up. Jack’s leotard didn’t fit well on the chest until we added a little assistance". She handed me a bra. Slip your arms through I’ll fix the clasp for you.  She then filled the cups with my socks, which fortunately were fresh on. "Much better" she said and then told me to put my arms in the sleeves.

"Now a little powder and paint". First she combed my hair back and fixed it into a ponytail, then asked me to close my eyes. I felt creams and powders applied to my face and my eyes defined with pencil and mascara, this was a new experience. Finally she handed me a bright red lipstick and I followed her instructions on how to apply it. She followed up with a lip gloss and zipped the leotard up so it covered my neck.

I felt very strange, the clothes were comfortable but constricting and the makeup left strange feelings on my eyes and tastes on my lips. I wondered what on earth I looked like.

"Well you don’t look ridiculous". Sarah beamed at her handiwork

"Thanks, I think", I replied.

"Well let’s get your skates on mate". There was a small mirror on the back of the changing room door, Sarah had given me a similar look to herself, I didn’t think I was a beauty but there was little or no sign of Bob. I looked down at the leotard with my faux breasts and my legs, that caused stirrings down below but Lycra and elastic kept things in check.

"Thanks". I whispered.

"What was that?" Asked Sarah.

"Oh nothing important, you are right I don’t look ridiculous". I smiled and the face in the mirror lit up.

Just then another cubicle door opened behind us and Emma emerged. "Hi girls", she said, "aren’t these clothes just dreamy we should have done this before, I wonder what the boys look like?"

Sarah turned me around to face Emma.

"Who’s this then Sarah, I don’t recognise her? Oh my, oh how lovely, Bob is that really you? I can’t call you Bob, you have to be Bobbie. You’re so brave to do that, you look fantastic. Where’s Jack, is he going to be dressing the same way?"

"Jack’s already on the ice in the same costume apparently", I replied, "I didn’t see him as I didn’t expect him to be dressed this way".

"I don’t think you’re right Bobbie he’s only just arrived". Sarah shot her a look.

"Ah, I see. Anything to say Sarah?" I wasn’t angry but I had been played.

"How do you feel Bobbie? You look OK to me, it was only a little white lie, you could have said no."

"And you’re going to spin him the same line?"

"Of course", she smiled.

"OK Emma, let’s get our boots on and see how this feels. Good luck with Jack, Sarah."

The boots fitted well, a bit stiff but that would settle with use. We picked up a name badge, as I expected mine was for Bobbie. Now for the moment of truth as Emma and I held hands and set off across the ice.

"Oooh Bobbie, that cool air whistles around your bits", exclaimed Emma.

"I agree Emma, but as you can imagine I’m even less used to dressing like this", I replied as I felt the air around my legs, I felt very exposed despite the tight fitting layers around me.

"You look so good I’d already forgotten."

We caught up with the four girls already circulating, as with Emma there was an initial look of puzzlement and then big smiles when they recognised me. Sarah had primed them that she would try to get Jack and I to dress up so they weren’t shocked but they weren’t sure we would do it. Of course Jack was still an unknown quantity.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2009 Amanda Walker. All rights reserved.