Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Linda and Jason thought they were playing privately until his mother arrived.

Chapter 2

 

Linda looked in horror as Jason’s Mother approached, she could hardly pretend not to be in now. At least Jason’s car was at the garage this morning so she could say he’s not in.

Linda took the parcel in and after the parcel van had reversed out her Mother in Law drove onto their drive, she just had time to shout up to Jason. “Darling we’ve got a problem, your mother is here, stay absolutely quiet I’ll get rid of her.”

“What?”

“Quiet, don’t move or speak.”

------------------

Jason sat on the bed, this wasn’t such a good idea after all. He was enjoying the dressing up game, the clothes felt nice and he’d enjoyed the interaction with his wife and he loved to do things that made her happy. Being caught like this by his mother, he didn’t know what she’d think.

“Hello Margery, lovely to see you.” Linda welcomed Jason’s mother.

“Hello Linda, how’s my favourite Daughter in Law today.” 

“Very well and how are you?”

“Oh mustn’t grumble. Is my little boy here?”

“No sorry he’s taken his car to the garage, I’m not sure how long he’ll be and then we’re going to the Trafford Centre. What brings you this way?”

“The weather was nice so I fancied a drive out and thought I’d call and see if you wanted to go out for lunch.”

“You should have phoned and we could have made a firm arrangement.” Friendly, but not too encouraging.

“I should have you’re right, anyway I get to talk to just you for a change.”

“Would you like a cuppa?”

“That would be lovely dear.”

As Linda went to the kitchen there was a loud sneeze from upstairs. “Aichoo,” and again.

Margery came through, “did I hear a sneeze from upstairs?”

“Yes.” Linda hung her head, they were found out.

Tears were welling up in Margery’s eyes. “I’m so upset, I thought you and Jason were so strong together. I didn’t know there were problems and now I’ve found you’re hiding a man upstairs, it is a man I assume? “

“Oh Margery it’s not what you think.” Replied Linda.

“It never is dear, this has happened to far too many of my friends families.”

“No Margery, there is a man upstairs but it is my husband, your son, he just didn’t want you to see him at the moment.” This was getting out of hand and that didn’t sound comforting either thought Linda.

“My son doesn’t want me to see him? Well I’m glad it’s not my first thought but why, what have I done to make him be like that.”

“You’ve done nothing mum, nothing at all, it’s what I’ve done to him. I’m sorry this isn’t explaining things, let’s get you sat down with your tea and a tissue and I’ll bring him down. Don’t worry everything is fine really”

Linda got Margery settled then took a glass of water upstairs, wondering what state her hubby would be in.

Jason was sat on the bed, he was smiling, not the reaction she’d expected.  “I suppose we’ll have to show mum her new daughter.”

“You OK with that?” replied Linda. “I got you into this mess.”

“Given the reaction to what she thought was happening it’s probably best to clear the air. If I got changed she’d still wonder what had been going on. Anyway it’s my mum, this is dressing up, no more. Nobody got hurt or laws broken, come on I’ll need help on the stairs.”

Margery could hear them talking as they came down the stairs, they sounded just like normal, that was re-assuring.

“Hello mum.” Jason entered the lounge.

“Oh my..... , Jason what possessed you to, why have you, oh come here my love you look lovely.”  

Jason sat beside his mother and gave her a hug, it was time to settle down and relax after the excitement.

 

To be continued

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2009 Amanda Walker. All rights reserved.