Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This Story is a work of fiction. All Charecters in it are totally fictional, with the exception of a few. It is roughly based on true to life events that have occurred in my life, with a heavy twist on things to make a story and to make it with an eventaul happy ending. This story was created to conform with the NEW HuggleBugs Universe. Please visit the HuggleBugs WebSite at Http://www.hugglebugs.net for more information.



I would also like to take this chance to thank KimEM for editing this story and helping it flow, For understanding, and knowing what life is like for me.. And For being the Best Friend a girl can have.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jason is a young man, still living with his parents. One day he wakes up to find a surprise that fits in with his inner most desiers... But is that dream worth the price?
As Jason woke up from his slumber, he looked around to notice all kinds of presents stacked in his room. Above them, along the far wall, hung a big banner that read "Happy Birthday Julie". He thought that was strange, since he didn't _know_ anyone named Julie. He thought a bit and decided that his parents must be having a surprise party for a friend of theirs and were storing everything in his room until the party. But that didn't make sense... why hang the banner in HIS room? And how did they do it without waking him?

It was a Saturday, and he had slept in late. So they had probably got a lot of stuff done. *Oh No! * He thought. *Mom's going to be mad at me for staying up till 4am again *. He proceeded to get out of bed, and walked over to his dresser. As he approached the dresser, Jason thought once again about his secret. Born a boy, he had always felt he was really a girl, and had spent years concealing it. Now, after so many years of hiding, he could hardly repress the urge to tell-- his parents, his friends, somebody-- anybody. So far, though, only his friends on-line were privy and that helped a bit. He had to do SOMETHING, though, so every night he went to sleep wearing one of his few jumpers and turtlenecks...

"Shit!" Something dismaying had occurred to him. *What if they saw me while I was sleeping? I'd better change quickly. I'm in the deep stuff now. * As he reached his dresser, he opened the drawer where his clean underwear was kept. He stopped dead, and blinked. It was gone, every last stitch, replaced by a vast array of panties. He hesitantly opened the second drawer, home to his T-shirts, and found them replaced by a collection of bras and slips. He stepped back and rubbed his eyes, thinking that this had to be a dream. No, he finally decided, this was reality. But how? And why? HE quickly strode to his closet and flung open the doors to discover it crammed all kinds of dresses. All he could do was cry out in shock. He realized what had to be going on, and it was too much. He dropped to the floor, sobbing as everything hit him at once.

His mother rushed into his room to find him wailing on his bedroom floor in front of the open closet. She saw the dresser's drawers open exposing their contents. She rapidly knelt at his side, cuddling him close to her. "What's the matter honey," she asked, "I thought this day would be the answer to your dreams."

"It is," he said while sniffling. "But it's all so sudden, and I spent all this time... all this time without being able to tell you. I was hating you." His voice broke as he realized the bitterness of his feelings, feelings that were proving them selves tragically wrong. "I thought you would never accept me into your arms. I thought that if you knew, you'd renounce me as your son and I'd cease to exist in your eyes." The tears started flowing again, tears of remorse and pain, releasing the awfulness of his bottled-up feelings. "I know those are all horrible thoughts, but... remember what you said to me when you caught me in Karen's clothes? You told me that I would make an ugly woman! You laughed, laughed at me! I've always resented you for that." He shuddered and hiccuped into her chest. Clutching himself tight to her body, he sobbed, "Since then I never thought anything could be right between us again."

After that he broke out into another flurry of sobs, and buried his head into his mothers lap. She started to speak, thought a moment, then said, "I know that was a hard time, honey, and I know that this is all a little late, but I want to try to do my best. I want to do _whatever_ I can to make the rest of your life happy." She paused again, as if to ponder something. Then, as she continued, tears came to her eyes. She clutched his head, brought him closer to her bosom, and started stroking his hair. "You probably don't realize this, but I've noticed that when you're not on the computer, you get kind of depressed, and that when _I'm_ on you get edgy. I started doing a little probing one day to find out what was going on, and was able to read your e-mail."

*Oh, shit!* He thought, *She's read my E-mail? And she's crying? Why is she crying? * He was just as confused as usual. Lacking any clue, he tuned back into her speech.

His mother was talking fast and quietly. "I read those e-mails between you and your friend Sharon, and I also read some of those Chat logs that you have for that one program, I-C-something; I don't remember. But I realized everything that was going on. Everything. After a lot of thought, and even more planning, your father and I decided to do what we can to help."

With that she broke into sobs. She was totally devastated about everything. Jason was completely stunned that his mother knew all about his oh-so-carefully-protected secret. He shared some of his deepest, darkest thoughts over the computer with his friends there. He even had shared his feelings, the hatred towards his parents unwillingness to be compassionate towards him and his problems. He had felt this whole time that everyone in his family was against him. To Jason, every day was like a war. A continual battle between the person he was inside, and the shell he had to pretend to be in order to keep up appearances. How could he have been so wrong? Or had he been? He had talked to a lot of people and told them the truth about what was going on. They had agreed with him.

He looked up at his mom, with tears in his eyes, and said in a quavering voice "I'm. I'm. I'm so sorry for everything I said in those chats. I must have been wrong. I must have been... upset."

Jasons mother looked at him and said, "No, Julie. It's I that should be apologizing to you. I read all those logs and saw that it was all true. I treated you so horribly, and I wish there were some way I could fix it all." With that she started to cry again.

Jason did is best to give her a smile. But he was not able to hold it for more than a matter of seconds. *She called me Julie! * They hugged each other tightly. It was as if they were finally growing that bond that he always wanted to have with his mother. The one that Karen and she had shared.

His mother was able to compose herself enough to speak again and resumed. "I know it's not possible, but I want you to be able to spend the rest of your life as the person you feel you really are. I've made some arrangements for you to start seeing a therapist, and already forwarded him the stuff from the logs that I feel is important. For now I want you to change into the clothing I'd set out on the edge of your bed."

Jason had broken out into another storm of tears. This time they were tears of joy. Tears of excitement. He could not believe what his mother was doing. This was so out of character for her. *But why look a gift horse in the mouth? * He thought to himself. In all the commotion that had gone on, he had never even realized that there were clothes laid out. Jason looked at his mother and said "But there is so much other stuff, much prettier in my closet. Why did you set out this pink sweat-suit?"

"Well, honey, above everything else, we found this company on the net." She paused. And Jason looked at her, puzzled, wondering what she was leading up to. "The company is called ‘HuggleBugs LTD.’ They have the ability to make you a _real_ girl. We don't know if it will work, but well. We didn't feel that we had an option."

Jason shook his head bemusedly. *HuggleBugs Limited? Who? *

His mother continued. "We want so much to make up for the past. And we want to make you the person you always wanted to be." She than left the room saying she had to check on lunch. As she left, she said "Julie, after you are dressed I would like you to come out into the kitchen. I have a few calls to make, and lunch to take care of. But we still have things to talk about."



Jason, no, it was Julie now, thought to herself as she stared at the clothing neatly laid out on the edge of the bed. This was the answer to her dreams. One of her biggest fears was that she wouldn't be accepted with the way she looked. Then it hit her again. Julies mom was calling her Julie. She wasn't used to it yet, but it came to her like second nature. How could Julie tell her mom that she had already chosen a name? *Well, she is my mom, and I guess naming me _is_ her job. *

With that, Julie quickly grabbed a pair of panties off of her bed and a training bra. She put on the sweatshirt and sweat pants and then sat on the end of her bed, hugging one of her stuffed bunnies that she had managed to save from an Easter past.

Her mother came back just a minute or so later and asked why she hadn't come out yet. Julie was still sitting there clutching her bunny. She was thinking about the rest of her family and her friends. Yes, some of them knew. But not all of them. Would they accept him? How would the treat him? He looked up at his mother and said, "Mom, how does dad feel about all of this? Is he mad at me?"

"No, Honey." His mother replied. "We had a long talk and he agrees that we are doing the correct thing. I know how he pretty much refused to acknowledge your existence after those couple of incidents." With that, she sat down close to Julie, pulled her close once again, looked at her and continued. "But he has changed. We all have changed in the way that we feel about this. It may be a bit too much to handle now. But I'm sure as everything starts to settle you will get very accustomed to it."

She then got up and motioned for Julie to do the same. As Julie headed for the kitchen with her mother, she skirted past the family room and living room as fast as possible. Even if they did know and accept her, Julie was not ready to face her father. He had always been disappointed that she wasn't better in baseball. He was totally disgusted at the fact that she had gotten beaten up time after time in school. How could his 'son' be doing this to him was his general complaint. And that time when Julie had been caught in Karens clothes. We don't even want to talk about that incident. It's painful to even think about.

In the kitchen 3 aprons were hanging on the back of a chair. Her mother put one on and that seemed somewhat unusual in itself. Julies mother worked all day long, and while she did do house chores, (as did everyone in the house) she never used an apron, or anything like that. She wasn't the most feminine of mothers. She ran the house and had to be control of everything. But this was Julies day. The day where she could finally present herself to the world. What could possibly go wrong?

To Be Continued…….
Chapter End Notes:
The above work is copyrighted material. Anyone wishing to copy, archive, or re-post this story must contact the author for permission.