Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

“Hey James I love your new skates bro!  Did you get them for your birthday?” Erik asked as they were getting ready to start skating on the pipe in the park near his home.  

“Yeah my mom and dad bought them for me,” James replied.  

“Cool man.  Let’s do some skating then,” Erik replied back.  

Before James could get to the pipe however, he heard a voice: a somewhat familiar voice.

“Arura, it’s morning; time to wake up!  Mizual is waiting for us downstairs!”

Arura stirred a bit, and opened her eyes.  It was a dream?  She sighed and looked around the room.  The room she was sleeping in was decorated in a lot of pinks; the blankets were even a pink colour.  Teddy bears lined the walls.  They looked like birthday gifts, and most of them looked as if they had never been moved.

Looking over at the door through her sleepy eyes could see Terra standing there already dressed..  

“I have some clothes you can borrow in the Armour.  I think they might fit you.”

Closing the door Terra headed downstairs to wait with Mizual.  Getting up Arura sleepily walked over to the armour and opened it.  Inside Terra’s “Closet” Arura found a lot of fancy dresses some leather armor.  Thinking to herself ‘God Terra is a girlie girl but looking at her you would never know’, she chose an outfit that looked comfortable for the ride she was about to take.

She quickly changed into them, “You know I will never get used to putting these damn things on,” she grumbled as she started with the girlish underwear that Terra had bought her in the market then put on their selected outfit and stepped out of the room.  

Terra stifled a giggle knowing full well if she laughed at Arura that there would be a come back that she didn’t want to hear.

“So are you ready?  Ole Miz is waiting for us in the shop.” Terra  quickly asked, avoiding making a rude comment.

“I guess I’m as ready as ever,” Arura sighed, coming out the room in a long purple travel dress, “I thought you only wore boy clothes Terra.” she commented without making it sound like a question.

“Only when I’m in town, twig.  Anyway, lets go so we can get you to your parents.” Terra grinned.

Arura shook her head, walking out of the room and down the stairs to where everyone was waiting for her.  Everyone turned their heads to see her flowing down the stairs and a few of the men bowed to Arura.

“Why are they bowing to me?” Arura looked over at Terra as she asked.

“As if, twig.  No but really, for a full blood you’re awfully naive.”  Terra shook her head at Arura.

“What!? Seriously why are they bowing like that to me?” Arura looked really confused.

“Seriously girl is your hair colour is starting to shine through and showing your intelligence.  Get a clue Arura!  You’re a full blood elf, and you’re a Princess!  Duh.  I wasn’t calling you Princess JUST to insult you.”

“You know Terra you could be part of the mean girl crowd that’s always fucking with my friends.” Arura sighed.

This time it was Terra’s turn to give a stupid look, as she and Arura descended to the bottom to the stairs, then she shook her head as the guards and Mizul all got ready to leave.

Terra looked over at Arura one last time as they left the Store and boarded a carriage outside. As the day went by the girls sat in quiet as Mizul was reading a book.

“You two are awfully quiet,” he finally said, winking at them both while secretly wishing they would stay that way.

Terra stuck her tongue out at Arura after Mizul said that, and then Arura returned the favor, making Mizul chuckle a bit as he went back to his book.

“Now now, that’s quite enough of that,” the old wizard chuckled warmly.  He then turned to Aura and asked “Arura, what do you know or remember of your family here?”

Arura answered with honest confusion.  “To be honest, nothing.  So why did Terra call me a Princess?  I don’t know the first thing about being a princess or even a girl for that matter.”  She started to cry and think to herself, ‘why did this happen to me?  More to the point how and what do I do now?’

Mizul looked at Arura as he wondered how in the world she could not remember anything.   ‘Maybe all the time in the mortal world of earth did something to her.  She says she is a boy named James and wanted to go back home, but her name is Arura and her parents are the elven king and queen. This is going to be hard to explain to them that their youngest daughter does not remember them, but then again maybe she is telling the truth?  The portals have been known to do some unusual things.’

Mizul finally cleared his throat and spoke, “This is not going to be easy, but here it goes.  You are a full blooded Elf, and their only daughter.  “You are a Princess, and though it can’t be easy I’m sure things will work out.  Whatever you remember, or whatever you believe - the truth of things is that your parents are missing you very much, child, and they will be overjoyed at your return.”

For the next several hours Mizul educated Arura about her heritage, the basics of how to behave as a noble,  and his long friendship with the Royal family.  Arura listened intently as he went on about how nice it was to find her safe after she left for earth on a mission a week ago and never returned.  During this time Terra seemed to be getting irritated - or bored -  at the old man’s prattle.

Finally, Terra piped up “So Princess you can’t even remember leaving?  Personally I never saw or heard of you till I got stuck leading you around the other day, and now all of a sudden people around here keep telling me that you are the missing Princess.  If you don't remember this then you really are blonde.”  She grinned and poked Arura’s arm.  “And a twig.”

Arura was about to retaliate when the carriage suddenly stopped and the horses started to whine outside.  Mizul looked out the window and turned around to the girls with a semi smile on his normally flat expressionless face. “You two would best to look outside,” he said calmly.

Both girls looked at Mizul then back at each other with puzzled looks on their face wondering what was going on.

Then they looked back at Mizul and said at the same time, “Why?  What's up?  Whats going on?”

“Just look out the window girls.  This will be a once in a lifetime for you both.” Mizul insisted with an even broader, knowing smile.

Both girls looked out the window.  Outside the window both girls could see a spectacular sight that hadn’t been seen on this planet in over a thousand years.  A very large herd of Unicorns around a thousand or better, were grazing in the field and holding up the carriages path as well.

The driver looked back and called, “An hour tops sir.  They should move on or out of our way by then, if they’re anything like normal beasts.  Till they move from the road I’m afraid we stay put.  Me old mother, may she rest in peace, would come back to haunt me if I harmed a single hair on their heads!”

Mizul looked out the window and called back, “That’s fine Jarric.  How far are we from the city?”

“About four hours  Sir.” Jarric called back.

The girls chatted away about the unicorns and marveled in their beauty as they grazed in the plains.  As one of the creatures brushed right up against the carriage, allowing the girls an up-close look, Terra looked over at Arura and smiled.  “They are very pretty aren’t they Twig?” she teased, almost, but not quite giggling.

Arura, tired of Terra’s twig comments, decided to come up with one of her own, “Sure are, halfie.” she teased back.  “I always dreamed about seeing one, but I could never tell anyone about that.  They would just laugh at me.”  Arura frowned then smiled again after a moment or two.  “But seeing this many at once is amazing.”

Jerric looked back and called out, “They are moving out of the way now Sir,  I’m going to start moving again.”

Several hours more in the cart, the girls kept staring out the window hoping to catch some more exotic sights like they had just witnessed as they passed through the great plains of Est.  About four hours, later the carriage pulled closer to a very large city that seemed almost to have been intentionally “grown”, carved into a mighty forest of giant trees.

Arura yawned and leaned back, closing her eyes, and fell asleep.  Terra looked over at Arura and smiled, leaned over and kissed her softly on her lovely perky lips, “Goodnight twig, sleep well.”  she smiled and finished, “When you wake you will be with your family again, and you can forget all about that stupid half elf that teased you.”


Chapter End Notes:

Thanks to Zoe for editing and to Reene Heart for giving me ideas to finish this chapter :)

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Darkkitten is the author of 0 other stories.