Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

 

Gaby Verse - Maddy's View
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

 

Synopsis:Is where Maddy' Peters gives his view on things.    

As much as I love Drew, I will also miss his family. his Dad, Mum and sister have all been apart of bringing Gaby to life and I know that without their help, there would be no Gaby.

 

It all really started with his Mum, Auntie Jenny loves to cycle and she entered herself and my cousin Jules in a Tandem Bike Race to raise money for charity. When Jules hurt herself, Auntie Jenny drafted Drew to take her place. Why she didn't ask me, I will never know, but she chose Drew.

Drew was reluctant to compete because they were to wear costumes and their costumes were Xena:Warrior Princess for Auntie Jenny and Gabrielle: The Battling Bard for Drew. That was the first time that he became Gaby. They won the race and won for best costume, but Drew had to be Gaby again.

Auntie Jenny and Drew were asked to present the cheque to the charity while in costume. Jules couldn't because pictures were taken, so poor Drew had to be Gaby again and he thought that that would be the end of it, but that was the beginning.

Auntie Jenny became a teacher after she gave birth to Jules and Drew and Uncle Dave became a sales representative and began to sell timber. But they never gave up their first love.Uncle Dave still visits those archeological sites and Auntie Jenny still cycles.

They did it all for family, I don't know how many parents do that for their kids, but they did. Auntie Jenny humors Uncle Dave when they go on those trips so that she can cycle. He really gets into sightseeing and I can always find something to buy.

Auntie Jenny is a wonder teacher here at Warsop College, she is loved and respected by the faculty and students. She makes the lesson come alive for us and never insults us if we get the wrong answer. She helps us to get the right answer.

Auntie Jenny is loved and respected by us kids because she has never insulted us and has helped us when we needed help with our assignments. She can tell when a student is trying to get her to do their work for them, it only takes one time for them to know not to try her patience.

Auntie Jenny is as passionate about schoolwork as she is about cycling. she believes that has long as a student is doing their best, then they deserve any help needed and if needed, given extra help so that they can pass.

Uncle Dave has helped Auntie Jenny and Drew to achieve their championships, without him, they would not have done near as well. he has become an expert on bike upkeep and can adjust a bike to fit the rider.

He has worked many a strange hour in order to be there for Jenny and Drew. There were many a Sunday that he worked so that he could take his family to the races and he taught Drew all that he knows about bikes.

Drew can change tyres, gears or make the adjustments needed, but Uncle Dave is still the best at it. Drew seems to find his friends through his cycling too. Three girls that he met and helped are Catrina, Freddie and Helen and each one of them are very special to Drew.

Normally, i would be very protective of Drew when it comes to new girls, but these three are very special and i can't help but think of how much of a gentleman Drew is and how generous as well.

We both met that girl Catrina at a local bike race. Our parents let us come by ourselves this one time because it was not that far away, besides, we could call for a ride if we needed one.

Drew and I had just completed our run when we saw this new girl completing hers. We both helped her get off of her bike and massaged her wobbly legs for her. Then Drew switched bikes on her because hers was not race worthy. Drew cleared it with his parents and gave her a spare set of tyres.

What surprised us both was that she saw that Drew was also Gaby. She is a lot like Em, she is a girl born with boy bits, that was why she saw Gaby in Drew. Well, she has proven to be a god friend and has kept Drew's secret. Now, thanks to Drew, and her Dad, her bike is now race worthy.

I like Catrina because she loves to attend cosplay conventions aas much as I do. It is too bad that she doesn't live here in Warsop, if she did, then we could have fun at the conventions. She has a Granny that lives here and she got her Dad to bring her bike when they visited.

Freddie is a girl that has to stay in a wheelchair because she was thrown from a horse and broke her back. She used to love to cycle and now she can't. When Drew met her and learned about her love of cycling, he decided to help her ride once again.

he got permission to modify the tandem so that he could do the pedaling while she rode with him. Uncle Dave and Auntie Jen were pretty gobsmacked over his generousity and gave their complete approval while Jules couldn't be happier about his wanting to help Freddie.

When Drew couldn't complete the modifications, his Dad finished them and thanked Drew for befriending his daughter. Freddie and Drew had fun riding that tandem and even made it in the papers.much to Drew's chagrin. The papers showed him as a girl, not a boy giving Freddie a ride.

But Helen is a totally different story, Drew met her on the road where she needed someone to fix her bike chain. Drew helped her and invited her to his birthday party. When she showed up at school, he brought her into the gang. Helen and her Mum just moved here after her Dad died in an accident.

She invited Drew to a party where the Girl Guides were having a recuitement drive. She invited him because she wanted to dance with him. She treats Drew differently than i do and he appreciates it too. Because of that, it took the two of us quite awhile to stop sniping at each other, but for me, what is worse is that she and her Mum are now leasing the Bond's old place.

When they moved to Germany, Uncle Dave went as the Bicycle Repair Technician and Youth Scout. That means that when he is not fixing the bikes, that he is out scouting out other youth that have the talent.

But I have a nightmare that i am glad that has not happened, because if it did, things would be totally different. The nightmare is where Drew because of the test results, decides to become Gaby for real. Drew was born more female than male and because of his menstrual cycles, was having those fainting spells.

He went to America as Gaby and I along with the Walter girls tricked Drew into being Gaby, but Drew knew before we left instead of when we got there. I was truly a conniving witch and sought only my fun and not consider Drew's feelings or needs, but worst of all, I shunned Gaby because of the peer pressure.

The Americans, led by Brit and Deb shunned Gaby because they saw her as a lesbian and I went along with it instead of backing Gaby up. If i had stood up for Gaby, then the other Warsop girls would have followed suit. But I folded and made Gaby's trip a time of loneliness and despair.

Only her sister Jules and Erin treated her with the love that she deserved and because of that, Gaby quit the Sherwood Foresters at the close of the competition. Thanks to our treatment of Gaby, our success in America lost its sweetness.

Then I did the only thing that could hurt Gaby, I outed him to Clive and Paul. it was at his birthday party where i got Em to pass Drew a gift for Gaby. When Drw accepted it, Clive and Paul finally knew thanks to me and my reward was losing my friends and Gaby.

Gaby slapped down and then I saw the hurt in her eyes. Then i lost my friends because of my stupidity and shame. Em lost her friendship with Allison as well.
It took me years to finally admit that I loved and needed. I lost everything because those Americans had poisoned me against Gaby.

When I admitted that I loved Gaby, we finally mended the broken relationship and married. Both of our families supported our decision and the old gang was there for our wedding, but the pain of our seperation was the nightmare, I am glad that it is only a dream.

Sylvie, Rhod's Mum is the best beautician here in Church Warsop. She has a salon that looks as if it is from the Hippie Era. Those lava lamps and the decor as well as her wearing jeans and tops have made her the favorite salon here for us kids.

She is the only single parent that I know. She is a real cool adult and most of the time, acts like one of us kids. It is a shame that no man seems to want to date her, but she is devoted to seeing that her son graduates and gets settled.

Sylvie has raised Rhod be herself with no help from the Church or any charities, but I know that many of the parents here go to Sylvie instead of any other salon o help her out.

Mister Woods is the Head master at Warsop College, he seems to take great pleasure in announcing it when a student does well in sports. I know that Drew wished that he wouldn't because he is so shy, but when he races, Drew is a tiger and goes all out to win.

Mum and Dad love to dress up and attend cosplay conventions and now, I am hooked as well. We usually go in matching costumes and have fun meeting others there. One time they couldn't go, so I talked my friends into going.

I had the idea of having the gang dress as mange girls for a cosplay convention. We all had fun even if Drew and Rhod did complain a bit. Drew looked real cute as Chi Light and I was Chi Dark. That led to me asking Drew to go to other conventions in costumes.

At the next one, he went as Hermione Granger of the Harry Potter Books and films and we got to meet the author and Drew received an autographed book of her latest installment. He liked that and the fact that he was not in a miniskirt at the time like he was as Chi Light.

Drew is a good sport about dressing up as a Manga girl most of the time, but at times, I do forget about his sensitivity over people seeing him as a girl and how much he wants to be seen as a boy.

One time as a Manga girl, Drew went as Buffy: The Vampire Slayer while we girls went as other characters. That was one time that Drew had a neat costume, but I used my Mum to get him to be Buffy.

He wanted to be a vampire, but I wanted him to be Buffy and when he showed up in costume, I got Mum to get him to be Buffy. He could have been a male vampire, but I was all set on him being Buffy.

For a compromise, Drew wore a top and jeans instead of a skirt or dress as I wanted. e looked real cute as Buffy and everybody thought that he was a girl. I
guess that we could have called him Drew and let it be known that he was a guy playing Buffy, but it was easier to call him Gaby.

When Brit and Sabrina came up with the idea of teaching us how to cheer like them, I went for it. I had been Drew's Cheerleader and I wanted to be one now, but I also wanted Gaby and was able to draft Drew into being Gaby.

He was very limber and quick, I guess from all of that bike riding and he agreed to be a Cheerleader so as to not let us down. But it was Brit and Deb that really caused Drew the mischief while they were here from America with their causing Drew to be Gaby so much.

Those two took a very mean delight in causing Gaby to appear. One time, Drew got hurt while riding his bike and had to wear a long skirt because of his injuries. They really had fun picking upon Drew and said that he was a girl. If he had taken the time to show them, they would have stopped, but Drew is too modest.

There was one time while they were here that Drew took Brit with him to see his Mum in Germany. Auntie Jen had joined the Apollinaris Cycling Team in Germany and had arranged for Drew to see a Bike Show there. Granny Sonia took him and Brit to see the show.

But even there, Drew became Gaby. There was a fashion show and they needed some replacement models because their regulars were held up thanks to a traffic accident. Drew, Brit and Kat volunteered to be models for them.

Drew is a real gentleman and always ready to help out even when doing so will hurt him. That Brit just had to be mean to Drew and take pictures of him as a model, Kat likes Drew and did not like what Brit did to Drew. Now I am beginning to understand just how Drew feels.

But at least in America, Drew had the chance to be himself at times thanks to Brit.She introduced him to Erin and Diana Biggs, Erin is the owner/operator of Erin's Cyclery and knows all about Brit and her schemes.

When she met Drew when he was dressed as Gaby, she let them know that she knew that Gaby was actually Drew and agreed to not tell her parents because of Drew. She stayed on the lookout for anymore of Brit's schemes and befriended Drew.

Drew became friends with the local cycling group and got me and him a bike to race on while in America. Diana owns/operates a machine shop and makes bikes for Erin. She saw Drew as a way to get some publicity for both her and Erin.

Erin was surprised when Drew kept on beating everybody when they raced.It was always an impromptu race, but Drew knew just what to look for and whenever he saw the others about to make a move, he was ready. He was able to teach them a few tricks.