Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Grottoes-5
A Gaby Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:What exactly happened to the students and faculty of Augusta High School, Bigg's Manufacturing and Erin's Cyclery after Drew and his friends went back home to Warsop at the end of the Cultural Exchange Program? This story will attempt to answer those questions.



From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

Diana answered the phone, Biggs' Foundations, Diana Biggs speaking."

"Di, this is Erin with Jess. We're atJack's Diner and wonder if you want to meet to talk about Drew and Brit."

"So, she knows about Brit's lame prank on the boy," she stated as fact.

Jess accepted the phone from Erin who had activated its speaker-phone option, "Yes, I knew because I went over to Warsop where that troublemaker made sure that Drew became Gaby all too often. If not for her, Drew would not have become Gaby as a cheerleader."

"I figured that out, and she and her sister never told their parents that Drew is a boy, forcing Drew to be Gaby via blackmail."

"Yes, and we believe that it's high time that they pay for their ill thought prank. If Drew had been outed at anytime, he and Jules could have been hurt and caused an international incident too."

"I know that Drew came alive while riding with Team Grottoes. We adopted Gaby as our British cousin. Erin and I may have benefited from Drew's riding with us, but we would give it up rather than hurt the Wunderkind!"

"Yes Jess. Maddy stayed with you, so you know about her part in their conspiracy to deny Drew any time as himself. I was afraid that Drew would lose his identity while here."

"Well. I know that he was sorely tempted to quit the Sherwood Foresters while over here. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had."

Jack returned with a group of photos of Gaby, " I take it from what you ladies are saying that Miss Gaby is really a boy named Drew. All that I ever saw was a young lady. If I had known about Drew, I'd have made sure that he had time to be himself."

Jess smiled, "Thanks Jack, it's nice to know that you don't agree with such close-minded attitudes."

He shrugged, "Heck, I know that there are boys that can easily pass for a girl. Used to be one in my high school until puberty hit, then he shot up to seven feet tall and bulked up to become one of the best tackles in pro football."

"Oh? And just who is this? You never told us that you knew a sports celebrity," admonished Erin.

"Oh, give over Erin, he's talking about Dan-The-Man Felding, his cousin, giggled Di.

"Yep, Danny might be literally a big man, but he has a soft spot for boys like Drew. In fact, he has set up Danny's Boys to help out the trans-gendered and works with the British charity Mermaids."

Then Diane came up, "Mermaids?"

"Diane? How did you get here so fast?" asked Jessica.

"Simple, I had the office phone transferred to my cell-phone. I was on the way here anyway for dinner," she smirked as her tummy rumbled.

"Sounds as if you've got here just in time, what'll you have?" chortled Jack.

"I'll have your Tuna Dinner Supreme, with diet ranch dressing, and warm apple cider."

"OK, but you're getting a bit to thin there Diane. you need a bit more meat on your bones," admonished Jack.

Diane smiled, "Thanks for caring. But I've been cycling now for awhile, and want to get down to a good racing trim."

"Don't mind him, Di. He likes his women with a bit of heft on them," giggled Erin as she stood up.

"How do you know that, Erin?"

"We've dated a few times," blushed Erin.

"No wonder he likes you Erin, you do look great in that cycling kit!" giggled Jess as both Jack and Erin blushed in embarrassment.

"Yes, I like her. She is a real lady. She is not one to put on airs about being refined, as all too many of the so called 'Southern Belles are. No, she is a true Southern Belle as any Lady of the South should be."

"Why Jack. One would think that you're a Southern General from your speech," replied Diane.

He doffed his cap as he bowed, "At your service, Ma'am," he said in a Southern drawl.

"Why I do declare! We have a real Southern Gentleman here. Do we have any mint julep tea?" giggled Jessica.

"If not, then we do still have a supply of mulled apple cider back at my shop for the cyclists," tittered Erin.

Then Dan came in, and seeing the commotion, went over, "Excuse me Miss Bell, but I need to talk about Gaby," he sighed.

"Yes Dan, what do you need to talk about?"

"I overheard the Walters girls saying how they had tricked Drew Bond into being Gaby. If so, will they get away with it?"

"Sit with us Dan. Yes, they did that to Drew. Why are you so adamant to see them get punished?"

He sat down, "Because back in Warsop, I saw Drew as a real stand up guy. Sure, he might be a bit small, but he was a nice guy, and athlete. To trick him into being a girl was cruel, and come to think it, it happened in Warsop too!"

Jessica watched as Jachk brought Dan the dinner that he'd called in, "Dan, back in Warsop, you attacked Rhod when you found out that he was dressing as Em, and caused her some trouble here too. Are you saying that you are no longer against Em too?"

Dan blushed, "I was a total jerk to Em back then. My dad had taught me that those like Em were sissies, and to be despised. He also taught me that other races were inferior to whites. Luckily, I grew up with Samantha and other blacks. It's only been recently that other races have moved into Grottoes."

"And what does that have to do with you supporting Em or Drew?"

"Erin, after they left, I saw just how much of a jerk that I was when I learned about Gaby. Learning that Drew was tricked gave me a new outlook on Em. Now I see that Rhod is very brave and courageous to become Em. If I didn't know that Em was Rhod, I'd swear that she is a real girl."

"That's good Dan, but Em and those like her feel that they are girls with a plumbing problem, not boys wearing dresses."

"How do you know that, Frank?"

"Because I know such a girl, even though she doesn't know that I know."

"Oh? do I know her?"

"Quite possibly, but she is in transition, and to reveal her secret would be to cause her and her family harm. Besides Dan, does it really matter?"

"Well, I was wondering if she is a student at Augusta, that's all."

"Dan, there are other such girls attending Augusta High School, but I am not at liberty to say who they are. As a teacher, it is my duty to help such girls."

"Miss Bell, I don't want to harm or hurt them, I just wonder how they can pass as a girl?"

"Tell you what Dan, I have an idea on how to show appreciation and support for trans gendered students. I plan to set up a cross dress day."

"Good luck, I doubt that the Board will sanction that."

"They will after I give the the history of what happened during the Exchange, that is, if you'll help out."

"But won't that mean outing Drew and Em?"

"Not if we don't use any names. I can provide documents that prove my case without naming names. I just need witnesses."

"Well, I'll be there! I wan to make amends to Drew and Em for being such a total jerk."

"What about your dad, will he cause trouble?"

"He might, if he were here, Frank."

"Oh? Then where is he?"

"He left me and mom for a job on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, Miss Erin," he sighed.

Diana hugged him, "You miss him. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my daddy not long ago."

Then Dan broke down and cried as Diana, then the others held him until he was all cried out. As his tears dried, he saw that the diner was full, and became grateful that the table was secluded.

"Dan, if you need to talk, my door is always open. And you can call me Jessica."

"Thanks Jessica, I'll do that. Mom won't talk about dad because she's afraid to admit that he's gone again, he sighed.

"Because he just recently returned from seeing another woman."

"Yes Jessica."

"Dan, want to join Team Grottoes?"

"I'd like that! I may not be as good as Drew or Gaby, but I'll give it my best Erin."

"Then come by my place, I'll get you outfitted with a proper racing bike."

"Thanks Diana."

Jack placed a meaty hand on his shoulder, "Kid, glad to see you unlearning that bigotry. maybe now that you're flying right, Jess will see about lifting your probation."

"No, I did the crime, I need to do the time. I'm taking a course in accepting others. I did not know how much of a total jerk I was, until I started taking the course."

"Jess, couldn't you make Dan's attending the course a part of the probation?"

It is, Diane, and he also goes to a meeting of the Gay, Straight, Alliance. There he is learning about what the trans gendered go through."

"Sorry, I gotta go home now. Mom will get worried if I'm late."

"Dan, you get here on your bike?"

"Yeah Erin, Why do you ask?"

"Because I'm heading home now, and I can give you a lift home."

He smiled, "Sure, but won't your boyfriend object?"

"No, he won't. If he asks, I'll tell him the truth. Besides, you're a bit young for me, Dan," she giggled.

Dan blushed, You're not that much older, Diana."

Mr. Pilling arrived then, "Hello, may I ask what's so funny?"

"It's nothing Mister P, Dan is getting a ride from Diana," stated Jess.

He looked at his watch, "Dan, you're almost out past your curfew. You're lucky that that incident with Em didn't get you kicked off of the Track Team."

"I believe that we can relax Dan's curfew."

"Oh? And why is that, Jess?"

"Sir, I've come to realize that I'm totally wrong about Em. I want to make amends. Besides, there's a much bigger problem that needs your attention."

He looked puzzled, "Oh? what's so important that your curfew is suddenly a minor matter?"

"It concerns repercussions from the Student Exchange Program, Mr. P."

He sighed, "DAMN! This is just what I DON'T need! The Board of Education is looking into the program, Jack."

"And why are they concerned about the Program, now?"

"They think that there was some form of subterfuge, Erin."

"WHAT?"

"Somehow, they got wind of the fact that two students were over here that shouldn't have been, Diana."

"Sir?"

"Yes, Dan?"

"It was my dad that spilled the beans, sorry."

"Now, why did he do that, Dan?"

"Sir, my dad is a homophobe. He sees anybody like Em, or Drew as beneath contempt. THAT is why I said and did what I did. Believe me, I like Samantha. It's just that when she defended Em, I spouted off exactly my dad's feelings about other races."

"Dan has been in a few counseling sessions with others with issues about the trans-gendered. He has come along way since then. Why not adjust his curfew to where he can attend extra-curricular activities?"

"OK. I can see that he's not the same student that he was, Jess. But I want to know why Drew and Rhod were Gaby and Em while over here? Were either of them blackmailed?"

"Not Em. She wants to be a girl, so she decided to be Em for the entire trip."

"But what about Drew? Did he want to be Gaby, Erin?'

"No, he was tricked by the Walters girls."

"Why, Diane?"

"Because they never told their parents that Drew is a boy. They still think that Drew is a girl."

"Damn! Because of those girls, poor Drew had to be Gaby in order to avoid any problems for them, And Brit no doubt, kept on causing him mischief to!"

"Yes, Drew and Gaby actually traded places for a bit because of Brit."

"Well, Jess, Thanks for letting me know this. [sigh] Those girls could have caused that young man irrevocable harm."

"What are you going to do, Sir?"

"I'm going to make sure that those two girls pay for their stupidity! If I have my way, that is," he sighed.

Jack placed a meaty hand on his shoulder, "Paul, We all are behind you, all the way. Here, you have three of the seven members of the Board of Education. I am sure that the others will believe you too."

"I hope so, Jack."

"You remember that incident where Em was assaulted by those boys?"

"Yes, I do, Dan, why do you ask?"

"Well, she was VERY convincing. According to them, she is a girl."

"OK, but I don't understand that."

"She got her breast forms and gaffe from here."

"Oh, OK. So, she and her ex-husband are on the Board, that means that only Diane's cycling buddy is next."

"Mr. P, don't worry. he knows about Gaby. He won't let the girls get away with hurting his buddy Drew."

Then Diane got up, "Come on Dan, we need to get moving. You rode your bike?"

"Yes, I did. Did you ride yours?"

"No, I came in my minivan."

"OK Diane, it'll only take a minute to load it up. But I need to call Mom to see if she needs anything."

"Tell her that our special is our chicken soup with salad."

"OK, Jack."

Dan went aside to make his call. While he was away, everybody left, except for Diane.

"Hello, Martin residence."

"Hey, Mom, it's me, Dan."

"Dan, your late coming in. You're about to break your curfew."

"Mom, I'm at Jack's Diner with Diane Biggs. She's gonna give me a ride home."

"That's nice of her, make sure that you thank her."

"Already have, Jack wants to know if you want today's special."

"Is it Chicken soup?"

"Yes."

Tel him a large bowl, and cucumber ranch dressing for the salad, with one of his peanut butter fudge cookies, please."

"So Mom, your usual take out?" he grinned.

"Yep, and might as well get a cookie for you too."

"Thanks Mom, Love you."

"Love you too, bye." [click]

Dan pocketed his cellphone, and went over to Jack and Diane, "Where is everybody?"

"They went home, Sport."

"But what about punishing the Walters girls?"

"Dan, Jessica, and Paul must take it up at the next Board Meeting."

"OK. But I want to be there too, Diane, he sighed.

Jack hugged him, "You've grown up from the boy that you used to be. I'm sure that your mom would be proud of you."

Dan blushed, "Thanks Jack, I hope so. By the way,Mom want the special and two cookies to go."

Jack chuckled, One soup and salad with cucumber ranch dressing and two peanut butter fudge cookies coming up."

Then he went to the kitchen to get the order for Dan, leaving Dad and Diane alone at the table.

"Dan?"

"Why do you want to ride with the team?"

"Well, I saw how good that Drew is, and want to see if I can do as good."

"OK, but what about Track and Field? You're one of the best."

He blushed, "Thank you. Diane. I feel that I can do both."

"And this has absolutely nothing to do with Gaby?"

"NO WAY!! Gaby is Drew in a dress. Why would I fancy Gaby?"

"Because she is a very pretty girl."

"No, HE is a guy, NOT a girl."

"Well, OK. If Gaby was a real girl, would you date her?"

"Yes."

"But you now know that Gaby is Drew, and as such, see Gaby as a boy in a dress."

"Exactly."

"And you don't see yourself as gay."

"Correct, what are you getting at, Diane?"

"Simple,Gaby never tried to date any guys, and Em was really a girly girl."

"Oh! I see what you're saying!"

"OK, What am I saying?"

That I'm not gay for liking Gaby before I knew that she was Drew, and that being mean to Em was because of my fear of being seen as gay."

"Correct. I felt that it was time for you to see that truth about yourself."

"Thanks Diane, but why did you help me?"

"Because of a friend of mine. Back in Augusta Middle School, there was a married couple who's husband had transition into a woman."

"A married couple? I'd have thought that it'd be a student or a teacher."

"No, this couple actually helped Em out too," she giggled.

"Oh? How?"

"They gave her the breast forms, and gaffe that fooled those boys into believing that Em is a girl."

Dan smirked, "And why I got trounced by them too. But at least we know which of the boys is against Em and others like her."

"So, you're not mad about knowing the truth?"

"No, I do know that if I'd known this before, that I'd have be furious."

"OK, will you talk to those boys?"

"Already am."

"Really? That's good."

"We're in the same discussion group that talks about girls like Em, and Gaby."

Diana pulled up in front of Dan's house, "Well, we're here."

Dan got out, "Thanks Diana, for everything."

She smiled, "Anytime, Dan, anytime."

Then Diane pulled off, and Dan entered his house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Jessica and Erin had returned home, and were sending e-mails.

"Mister Woods, I am writing to inform you about possible actions taken against the Walters girls for their forcing Drew to be Gaby while he was over here. They did not tell their parents that Drew is a boy, letting them believe that Drew is a girl.

Drew, in order to keep the peace, decided to be Gaby for the entire trip. Even though Brittney did introduce him to Erin, she still made his life miserable by tricking him into wearing skirts or dresses, instead of letting him wear pants.

The only times that he felt at peace was when he was cycling, or with me. I could tell that the trip was causing the poor boy grief, but even after I offered to let him return home, he declined because he felt to do so would be to hurt the Sherwood Foresters.

I and others feel that the Walters girls need to be punished for their selfish prank. I know that Drew makes a cute girl, but he should choose when and if Gaby appears. Please let me know if you have any information on Brit that I can use, as she was the lead instigator in Drew's Gaby time.

Jessica Bell.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fran,

You know about Drew being Gaby while over here on the trip, and that Brit was the reason why. Recently, Jessica has gone on the warpath about Brit's choosing to trick Drew into being Gaby while he was here. Although she was the main instigator, her sister is also guilty. The excuse of not telling their parents is shallow at best, self serving at worst.

We could have found suitable accommodations for Drew if need be. As it was, he was tricked into wearing skirts , and dresses instead of being allowed to wears pants, which Drew preferred to wear.

We are seeking to have the Walters girls baned from any clubs, and extracurricular activities, as well as revoking all scholarships too. We hope that Drew's trip will be fondly remembered, and that he has not been adversely effected.

Please contact me about any information you have that can help us with punishing the Walters girls.

Erin.

With the sending of the e-mails, the Walters girls decline was set in motion as Drew's friends rallied to the cause.

From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html