Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Can Mindy have the courage to tell her friend that she deceived her?

 

SF shield

Song Two ~ World

Based on "Part of your World", by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken

Sorceress in Super Friends, The Musical Written By Sasha Zarya Nexus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This fan fiction piece is based on the original works, “All New Super Friends Hour"; by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977 and Extreme Justice #9 by DC Comics, Copyright 1995 and "Part of your World", by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken  Copyright  1988 By Walt Disney Music Company  All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorceress in

SF shield

Super Friends, The Musical

Song Two ~ World

By Sasha Zarya Nexus

Based on "Part of your World", by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This being a Super Heroine could be draining at times and I could see why Batman had the Batcave, Superman had the Fortress of Solitude, Wonder Woman had Paradise Island and Aquaman had Atlantis.  I wanted my own place too.   With the Wonder Twin's help, I created a Exxorian starship in orbit which was to be my home away from home.  With my responsibility as the Daughter of the Exxorian Goddess, I knew I could not count on staying on Earth and one day I might have to relocate to Exxor.   The starship had every device that it would need to stay out of trouble including a cloak, deflector, and a very smart autopilot .  What it wasn't outfitted for was the things I would need to be connected to the Hall of Justice so I could keep just as well informed there as standing in the Monitor room in Metropolis. 

I enlisted the aid of Wendy and Marvin who were on semester break from MIT to recommend what I needed and put everything together into the compartment I had set aside to be my monitor room. It looked like a cavern because from the monitor room at the front it ran the length of the starship where access to the ship's computer and communications hardware was also available.  I didn't have much trouble with creating one component at a time to their specifications  The installation went a whole lot smoother that way since we didn't have to go to a cargo hold and uncrate something and move it to the cavern before we could put it in place.   

Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?

As we neared completion of the cavern, I looked out at all the neat stuff and I couldn't think of any thing left out or any base uncovered.  My collection was certainly complete, even more complete than the Hall of Justice because my cavern had a few anachronisms courtesy of the Goddess. 

I asked Wendy since Marvin was absorbed in thought as he worked, "Is my collection complete?"

Wendy shrugged and said, "I can't think of any thing else we could have included.  Joan, you are the girl who has everything!"

I replied, "Thank you for your help! I could not have done it without both of you.  It looks like Marvin isn't satisfied with just outfitting my monitor area.  He's like a kid in a candy store dreaming up additions to go into the rest of the cavern as it stretched back and back."

"That he is! I know for one that he's got his heart set upon installing the hardware to include a translocation chamber for the starship connected to the one at the Hall of Justice."

While Marvin was so intent on his work, I used the chance to take a peek at Marvin's aura unobserved.  It had acted really weird while she had been Mindy.  Theoretically, I was to have left the brain's gender unchanged since that is what I felt was the obstacle that had prevented Rachel from wanting to return to being Dick.  I had not realized at the time that I had created a new spirit of Rachel within her that was sharing consciousness with Dick who had chosen to remain hidden,  Mindy's brain gender showed signs of parts of it turning female as she menstruated.  I chose to ignore the abnormality since I was intent on putting everyone back the way that I found them.  I had reason to believe that what I saw was what Mindy wanted me to see using technology or perhaps even magic.

Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Looking around here you think
Sure, she's got everything

Mindy got busy in requesting the equipment that she needed for the cavern to support the translocation chamber.  I got busy in creating each piece of equipment to her specifications and she installed it in the proper location.  Some of the things that we installed. were not alien technology that had been given to the Super Friends but were Mindy's creations that she had not had the where with all to make reality.  She enjoyed seeing her creations come to being while I enjoyed the added functions that they would provide for my starship. 

The Goddess had provided another anachronism for my education, a Holodeck.  Wendy and Marvin even helped with that installing everything to the power supply in the cavern and hooking up the actual grid and support equipment in the room that would become the Holodeck.  Mindy looked so happy especially as she tended to the futuristic elements and she had a far off look in her eyes as what she was doing had inspired her creativity for even more.  I guess looking around here at all the electronic equipment, I could ask myself how many wonders could it hold.  With out a doubt I had everything that I ever would need. 

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore
You want thingamabobs?
I've got twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more

When the cavern was filled to capacity, Mindy took me to one of the storage lockers.  She gave me specifications for gadgets and gizmos which I created.  She gave me specifications for whozits and whatzits which I brought into existence.   I could not see why I needed twenty thingamabobs but I made them appear in response to Mindy's direction.  The equipment lockers now were all filled and I had equipment to take care of any situation that I could envision.

All of it was useless in my eyes when my friend was hurting.   Windy and Mindy had worked out their hearts for me and now it was time for me to try to help Mindy.  I knew that she had been limping along the way she had been but it was no big deal.  I wanted more for her,   I wanted her to be whole!


I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see, wanna see them dancin'
Walking around on those - what do you call 'em?
Oh - feet!

I could tell that Mindy was hurting inside as she used technology to emulate what she had been denied.  It is a close analogy between a mermaid seeking legs to join in with the world she wants and a transwoman wanting something else to be put right so she can join in with the world that she wants.  I'd caught Mindy when she wasn't hiding her true self.  Now I had to find a way to help my friend.  While if Mindy did not try to cloak something, I felt I could help her.  She seemed too worried about my feelings without care for her well being.  That meant asking the Exxorian Goddess for help, if only Mindy would agree to submit to her judgment. 

"Wendy, would you mind going up and working on installing the equipment to outfit the actual translocation chamber?"

"Sure, Joan.  You want some privacy to get thru to that thick skulled sibling of mine to ask for help in making her whole."

"That's right Wendy.  I hope that things can be put right especially after I insisted that she change back when that wasn't right for her."

Wendy touched my arm for a moment before gathering her tools and going up to work on the translocation chamber.

Flippin' your fins, you don't get too far
Legs are required for jumping, dancing
Strolling along down a - what's that word again?
Street

"Mindy, we need to talk"

"Why did you call me that? I'm Marvin!"

"No, you are Mindy.  You can drop the act.  I saw your brain when you were not cloaking it and you are female."

"Don't be mad at me, Joan.  I only hid it from you because you were all wound up about Robin.   I didn't want to add to your problems since you didn't realize that I am a transwoman."

"I'm not mad at you, Mindy.  Even with me obsessing about putting Robin right, I would have helped you.  I jumped to the wrong conclusion about you.  I was a transwoman too until I was made whole by Goddess power.  The Exxorian Goddess can make you whole too if you will submit to her judgment."

"I'm tired of hiding who I am.  I built technology to try to make it right but in the end I knew that I was incomplete.  I am ready to accept help, now.  I will submit to the Exxorian Goddess judgment."

"I'm glad for you Mindy.  I will ask her when she might be able to come and judge you."

"Thank you, Joan.  You are a true friend!"



Up where they walk, up where they run
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free - wish I could be
Part of that world

I knew too well the desire to part with the fake me who had to do things I never would have done just to keep up appearances.  It was so much better for me when I was able to cast aside the false and take my place in the world.  I wanted that feeling for my friend Mindy too so I prepared to ask for an audience with the Goddess.

I placed my palms together and said, "Glivney" and I assumed my new Exxorian form.  I was overjoyed that Jan had returned to life in this new timeline which had transposed both the Temporal Causality Loop and the old Wonder Twins into another universe.  Wearing Jayna's form with her dead in this timeline was still a shock and I hoped that not only would the old Wonder Twins return but there be found some way to do what the Goddess could not do and save those who had perished at the temple.  I meditated and soon the Goddess appeared in front of me.

"Daughter, what would you have me to do?"

"Mother, A friend of mine, Mindy, has the same condition that I did.  I ask a boon that you would judge her.  She submits herself to your judgment."

"Daughter, make her ready for I will return to judge her."

"Thank you Mother.  I am so happy that this will soon be resolved."

"I would not have you to worry so, Daughter.  You are growing in wisdom and grace and I am proud of you."

"Thank you Mother!  I go to my friend to prepare her for your return."


What would I give if I could live out of these waters?
What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand?
Bet'cha on land they understand
That they don't reprimand their daughters
Bright young women sick of swimmin'
Ready to stand

I quickly went back to where Mindy was working.  It actually looked like Mindy because she had turned on her electronic cloak that made her appear the way she longed to be for real. 

"Mindy, the Goddess has agreed to judge you.  She asked me to get you ready.   Afterward we are going to try out that Holodeck that you and Wendy installed which was possible with the anachronisms that the Goddess brought since she decided it was another good teaching tool for my education.  I have a program ready that depicts the Temple on Exxor before it was destroyed .  Both you and Wendy will need to change into the Exxorian gowns I am providing.  I had already given Wendy hers and she was in the process of changing into it.

Mindy went to change and came back looking wonderful in her gown as Wendy also did as well.  I took my place at the front as the Goddess Emissary.  Mindy and Wendy stood in the back awaiting the Goddess's appearance.  Mindy shown brightness on her face as she waited.  She was indeed a bright young woman who was ready to stand and take her place in the world.


I'm ready to know what the people know
Ask 'em my questions and get some answers
What's a fire and why does it - what's the word?
Burn?

It was finally the time that all Mindy's questions would be answered.  Mindy had a brilliant intelligence and making her whole would let that loose to help others.  There were questions that mankind had been asking from the invention of fire and Mindy now would have a hand in answering them.

We all paid reverence to the goddess with each of us giving her a  curtsey.  I was given leave to call Mindy up.

"Will the person who prefers to be known as Mindy, please present herself before the Goddess!"

Mindy escorted by Wendy came down toward  the temple alter where the  Goddess stood.  Both of them paused and curtsied about 10 foot out and Wendy remained there while Mindy continued on and kneeled before the Goddess on a pillow placed in front of the Goddess.

The Goddess lifted Mindy's head and kissed her forehead.  Immediately Mindy no longer had any need for the electronic illusion because Mindy was made whole.

I announced, "The petitioner may withdraw with the Goddess' blessing"

Mindy  took her feet and curtsied.  She made her way back to where Wendy was waiting for her and they both curtsied before they turned back down the aisle.  The Goddess vanished and left us three alone in the Holodeck.

"Computer End Program" I commanded and the temple faded as we all stood on the Holodeck grid.  Mindy jumped for joy as both Wendy and I took turns hugging her.  I was so glad Mindy was whole at last.


When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above?
Out of the sea
Wish I could be
Part of that world

Both Wendy and Mindy changed out of their Exxorian gowns.  I did as well by putting my palms together and saying, "Sorceress" changing back into my human form.  They quickly finished the little work that remained. Soon my starship had all of its new functions working and tested.  I had informed the Super Friends and they had a celebration waiting for Mindy in honor of her momentous day.  I set the Starship to automated functioning and they there of us used the Translocation chamber to beam into the Hall of Justice

There was such a celebration as Mindy came into the midst of all the assembled Super Friends.   Just as sure as though she had stepped out of the sea onto the dry land, Mindy had arrived.  Without a doubt , Mindy was now and for always would be part of our world.

Chapter End Notes:

This fan fiction piece is based on the original works, “All New Super Friends Hour"; by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977 and Extreme Justice #9 by DC Comics, Copyright 1995 and the song "Believe it or not", written by Mike Post and Stephen Geyer Copyright 1981 Elektra Records and "The Greatest American Heroine Copyright 1986 Stephen J Cannell and "Part of your World", by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken  Copyright  1988 By Walt Disney Music Company and "Where my heart will take me", words and music by Diane Warren Copyright 2002 By Decca Music Group Limited. All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement.