Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This fan fiction piece is based on the original works, “All New Super Friends Hour"; by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977 and Extreme Justice #9 by DC Comics, Copyright 1995 and the song "Believe it or not", written by Mike Post and Stephen Geyer Copyright 1981 Elektra Records and "The Greatest American Heroine Copyright 1986 Stephen J Cannell and "Part of your World", by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken  Copyright  1988 By Walt Disney Music Company and "Where my heart will take me", words and music by Diane Warren Copyright 2002 By Decca Music Group Limited. All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorceress in

 

SF shield

 

Super Friends, The Musical

 

By Sasha Zarya Nexus 

Author's Chapter Notes:

 

SF shield

 Song One ~ Flight

Based on "Believe it or not", written by Mike Post and Stephen Geyer

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

SF shield

 Song One ~ Flight

Based on "Believe it or not", written by Mike Post and Stephen Geyer

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't get that song out of my head!  It was the one Vylylia played from the DVD from the future that the Goddess of Exxor gave her about the Greatest American Heroine. Having heard it before I just cant help but get happy as the first few bars of the melody play since I know what is coming next and I like it.  I like it a whole lot!

"Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself;
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,
Should've been somebody else."

It's true that what has happened to me is impossible but it isn't any less welcome for me not expecting it.  From my earliest thoughts, I know that I am a transwoman.  I learned quick that other kids pick on any one who was different and if I let the girl me inside show on my male looking body then I would have no end of trouble and perhaps physical harm as well.  In order to survive I became a good actress and all of the sudden instead of being looked at as a sissy, I was looked up to as the gang leader and I had to keep up my image by cursing up and down the neighborhood since I would never physically harm anyone even though I realized my being verbally abusive was bad too.  I had to survive the best way I knew how till someone showed me another way. 

Finally my solution became a problem to my mother and she called in help to deal with me.  After a kiss, I was a girl inside and out!  I could not believe what happened to me and I wanted to shout it from the mountain tops.  I thought better than that cause I didnt want to end up a lab animal for the rest of my life but I was so free finally to be me and I didn't have to act anymore cause its OK for a girl to be girly and she doesnt get grief over it. 

I felt so unworthy that I out of all the transwomen should be picked to be a whole woman when the best most of them have to look forward to is being post surgical.  What was even more bizare is that as a girl I was a one in a million who could tap into magic locked deep in a terran female's brain that extends her powers of creation to something I could have never dreamed.  To be a full woman was enough but also to be able to tap into magic and be a Sorceress.  That was just unreal. 

I had been overwhelmed with things that happened right after Darkseid's minions had plunged Metropolis into Chaos and my friend Robin was judged by the Goddess of Exxor and the disappearance of Zan and Jayna.

Out on Paradise Island, I showed off my new costume and Hypolyta taught me to fly and wrap protection around myself so I would be sustained no matter what the environment.  I was out flying and that song came right back to mind. 

"Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
I never thought I could feel so free;
Flyin' away on a wing and a pray'r,
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me."

It was wonderful! I had never felt so alive with the breeze blowing my hair back and moving my dress and the air flowing all around me .  If I flew up then if felt like I was walking on air.  All of my problems seemed so distant as though they were all left behind on the ground.  Kid's don't try this at home because launching yourself into the air is a leap of faith.  WIth all the power available for me to use it didn' t seem very risky ,yet  flying along on a wing and a prayer appealed to me since that meant that where ever I ended up that it would be a place that I would be needed on a mission and I liked helping people since I had been helped so much. 

 I waved bye to Hypolyta and flew and flew and finally came to the perimeter of the Hall of Justice. 

They asked, "Costumed flyer, please identify yourself"

I said," Believe it or not, It's just me"  While that was good enough for Wonder Woman on Monitor Duty, the Computer wanted more." After Wonder Woman stored the specifications for my uniform, it was satisfed, almost."

"All Teen Super Friends are restricted from flight in costume until flight certified." the computer intoned. 

Wonder Woman calmed me and said," I can get Superman to take you out flying tomorrow if you like and get that certification out of the way."

I felt warm and told her, "Sure! Set me up for tomorrow, Diana, I'll be ready!"

I wanted to be ready to go flying with Superman so I went to my room and turned in for the night.

The promised tomorrow came in all its glory as did again that song to my memory. I joined superman out on the steps of the Hall of Justice.  He offered his hand and I took it and on seeing a nod from him launched myself into the sky beside him as I heard a lusty "Up, Up and Away!"  We took in the sights of Metropolis before changing course and climbing upward as we climbed to the edge of space over the north pole and down over Asia.  The flight was easy for me since I could sustain myself in flight.  All I could pay attention to was the hunk at my side even though I kniew there were other women who felt they had prior claims and I was enthralled with my Sam.

Just like a light of new day,
It hit me from out of the blue;
Breakin' me out of the spell I was in,
Makin' all of my wishes come true.

I had been in a spell since all of those things came about but as I truly came alive with the freedom of flight, I resolved to let tomorrow's concerns wait for tomorrow to solve.  There was nothing worse than to prejudge a situation and premptively decide something by removing from others the chance to act.  I didn't know if all of my wishes would come true but so far everyone of them had so that was a good record.

Superman released my hand and told me "Emergency" as I got a trouble alert  message.  In an actual emergency I was supposed to assume I was a primary responder and take any action I could to help those in trouble.  It was a natural crisis with minors trapped due to seismic activitiy.  Superman was trying to reduce the seismic stress.  I spotted trapped miners and flew above their location and ported them out to safety and kept porting till everyone was safe.

By the time Superman had safed the seismic fault, I had also evacuated everyone so the crisis was over.  The way that Superman smiled at me, I knew I had done good.  He took my hand and we flew off again into the sky as that song stayed with me.

"Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
I never thought I could feel so free;
Flyin' away on a wing and a pray'r,
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me."

It was so dreamy flying with Superman.  It was nice that he was standing in as my Father just like my friend Rachel has Bruce for a Father.  Who would people think it was flying with a legend like him?  Wheather they would believe it or not it was just me.

When we got back, Superman sat me down and gave me my flight certification so I was authorized to fly as a Super Friend.  When I saw that, it took me a back a moment that they made a mistake but it was something that would be able to be fixed.  But there was something else as all the Super Friends in the Hall of Justice managed to slip in behind me.  I looked and the other was a certification that as of this day and time that I was permanently activated into the Super Friends just like Robin had been while he was a teen too.  "Surprise!" came the shout and all of the Super Friends behind me came in and gave me a hug and welcomed me to the team.  "Woo Hoo! I cheered as the celebration continued. 

Only one thing could make this any better and that was spending time with my man.  I whispered that to Wonder Woman who started clearing the way for my departure.  I blew each one of them a kiss and ported away.  I materialized as Joan Waterman with my seat close to the home dugout so I could ogle my man, Sam as he showed his athletic prowess. The song in my heart continued on.

"This is too good to be true,
Look at me
Falling for you.

Believe it or not,
Believe it or not,
Believe it or not,
Believe it or not."

Finally Sam finished pitching the game of his life!  I knew that he wanted to be polite but find a way to share the win with his team mates.  there would be other wins for Sam but this night was something special to me. It was  the night I received my wings!  And I also knew that even though it was too good to be true that I was falling hard for Sam.  I believed and I hoped Sam did too.

Sam lifted me up in his arms and started to carry me towards the woods.  In an instance I knew that he believed it too.  When we were unobserved, I lifted the 2 of us into flight which we quickly arranged ourselves to be side by side hand in hand.    Soon we were entwined hugging and kissing as we danced on the air.  I remembered to cloak us so no one else would know that it was just me propelling us thru the air..

"Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
I never thought I could feel so free;
Flyin' away on a wing and a pray'r,
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me."

 

Chapter End Notes:

This fan fiction piece is based on the original works, “All New Super Friends Hour"; by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977 and Extreme Justice #9 by DC Comics, Copyright 1995 and the song "Believe it or not", written by Mike Post and Stephen Geyer Copyright 1981 Elektra Records and "The Greatest American Heroine Copyright 1986 Stephen J Cannell and "Part of your World", by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken  Copyright  1988 By Walt Disney Music Company and "Where my heart will take me", words and music by Diane Warren Copyright 2002 By Decca Music Group Limited. All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement.